16.4-foot Green Ultra Bright LED 12V Tape Light, Damp Location
You save 87%!
Out of Stock
- Green colored lights
- 16.4-Foot reels
- Adhesive backing
- Field cuttable
- No soldering required
- 16 Mounting Clips and 3 Power Connection Kits are included with each reel. Power connection kits connect a reel of tape light to a driver (please note that the driver is not included).
Required Accessories Sold Separately
- One 12-volt DC driver is required for each continuous run. Three types are available in the Accessories section below. Be sure to select an LED driver whose wattage rating is equal to or slightly greater than the total wattage of the LED tape light being powered.
- Calculating Total Wattage of Run: to determine the LED driver you need, calculate the total wattage rating of your tape light run by multiplying the feet of tape light you intend to power by 4.4 watts. For example, for 16.4 feet of tape light, you would need to select a driver rated for at least 72 watts (16.4ft x 4.4W/ft = 72W).
Optional Accessories Sold Separately
- Pulse Width Modulation Dimmer: compatible in-wall dimmer that connects to secondary side of dimmable driver. Dimmer can handle a maximum of 72 watts of load.
- Pulse Width Modulation Repeater: allows for dimming loads larger than 72 watts
- Jumper Cables: available in three lengths: 6in, 12in, and 24in. Electrically links 2 sections together over a short distance or around corners.
- L Connectors: electrically links two sections together at a 90 degree angle. Comes in a pack of 3.
- T Connectors: electrically links three sections together in a "T" formation. Comes in a pack of 2.
- Splice Connectors: electrically links two sections together end-to-end. Comes in a pack of 5.
- RCA Y Splitter: connects 2 separate runs to a single plug-in driver. Use splitters if you would like to power runs longer than 16.4ft on one plug-in driver. Splitters are not needed for connecting separate runs to a single hardwire driver
- RCA Extension Cable: adds 24in of lead from plug-in driver to beginning of run
- Power Connection Kits: purchase additional power connection kits if you need to separate a reel into more than 3 runs.
- Mounting Clips: additional mounting clips are available in a pack of 16.
- Enclosure for Hardwire Drivers: stores electrical connections and hardwire drivers.
Shop More American Lighting Products
No reviews yet
Be one of the first to Write a review.
Question from diyfans:
Answer from Pegasus:Jumpers are 1/2in wide x 1/8in high. They are shown here - http://www.pegasuslighting.com/jumper-cables-ptljump.html Drivers are NOT included. Please see accessories on the right hand side for our most popular models or this page for a complete list - http://www.pegasuslighting.com/led-flexible-tape-light-damp-location-12v-accessories.html White driver for hardwiring - http://www.pegasuslighting.com/led-hardwire-power-supply-25w-12v-dc.html Soft daylight is brighter - it has a higher lumen output. If you want to have 3 sections controlled by 3 separate switches then yes you need 3 drivers. If you want to control all 3 sections with a single switch then you can use 1 driver.
Question from Dana:
Answer from Pegasus:Dana, Please call our customer service and we would be happy to assist you. There's also a worksheet that we have that can help start the process - http://site.pegasuslighting.com/worksheets/led-flexible-tape-light-ultra-bright-damp-location-worksheet.pdf Unfortunately you cannot use low voltage wire in place of the jumper cables. The jumper cables have specific connectors that attach to cut tape light. We do have other tape light systems with longer jumper cables available if that's an issue.
Question from Gabriel:
Answer from Pegasus:The PTL-60 is better for task lighting such as under cabinet lighting. The PTL-30 is better for ambient lighting.
Question from Mike:
Answer from Pegasus:Mike, Yes, you can use the rest of the strip. The installation instructions provide the necessary steps for cutting and adding connectors. You have two choices after cutting. You can add a linking connector to connect the two separate strips you have created or you can add a power connection kit to create a completely separate run. 3 power connection kits are included with each reel. No linking accessories are included. These must be purchased separately.
Question from Jim Scott:
Answer from Pegasus:Scott, Please see this page for all recommended driver options. You can choose from non-dimmable hardwire and plug-in and dimmable hardwire. http://www.pegasuslighting.com/led-flexible-tape-light-damp-location-12v-accessories.html
Question from Tom:
Answer from Pegasus:Tom, Thanks for the questions. 1. This is simply a matter of preference and the designed lighting effect. My recommendation is that you test the lights in the space before installation. That way you can achieve the lighting and visibility of the tape light that you desire. Generally for task lighting we recommend placing as close as possible to the lip. For accent lighting, the middle of the shelf is generally best. 2. Yes, this door jamb switch sounds like a good solution: http://www.pegasuslighting.com/door-light-switch.html
Question from Joan:
Answer from Pegasus:Joan, Tape light would be an excellent choice for lighting the shelves. The challenge in your application will be connecting the pieces on each shelf. You will need jumper cables (on the Accessories tab) to connect the sections together. Good luck! We'd love to see pictures when you complete your project.
Question from Bob Proctor:
Answer from Pegasus:Bob, Nice looking kitchen! I am assuming you are wanting to install this tape light as under cabinet lighting. If you are set on this specific tape light product, then you will need 3 drivers. One for powering the lights under the cabinets to the right of the sink, one for under the cabinets to the left of the sink, and one for under the cabinets to the left of the lazy susan. You could choose plug-in drivers and simply plug each driver into the closest outlet. Or you could choose a hardwire drivers and hardwire to switches. The need for 3 drivers is because your jumps are pretty lengthy. For example, jumping between the cabinets to the right and left of the sink would require at least a 36-inch jumper cable. The longest available for this tape light is 24 inches. I would personally choose this tape light product instead because its linking cables are available in longer lengths (up to 72in), meaning you would likely only need 1 driver: http://www.pegasuslighting.com/led-flexible-tape-light-wet-location-24v.html With this tape light, you would only need 1 driver and 2 interconnection cables.
Question from Brian:
Answer from Pegasus:Brian, The tape light itself is not UL listed. However, all of the power supplies that are available are either UL listed or UL recognized.