T8 Clear UV Tube Guard
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships the next business day
- UV-filtering plastic
- 4-foot length
- End caps included
- Not for HO lamps
- 10-year life
- Transmittance: has 0% transmittance below 395 nanometers (nm)
- Material: made of UV-filtering clear polycarbonate plastic (approximately 1/32in thick); may easily be cut to shorter lengths with a saw
- 4ft Long: nominal length of 4 feet
- Diameter: the T8 clear UV tube guard with an outside diameter of 1.235 inches is designed to fit on a T8 linear fluorescent lamp that measures 1.0 inch (8/8in) in diameter
- End Caps Included: includes two, black, opaque end caps for each tube guard
- Not for High Output Lamps: these UV tube guards should be used only with standard T8 linear fluorescent light bulbs - not with T8 high output lamps; T8HO lamps will melt these UV tube guards.
- 10-Year Expected Life: Generally, the rated life of UV tube guards is considered to be up to 10 years. They are also made of UV-stabilized material which helps guard against degradation, yellowing, or becoming brittle over time. However, there are almost always other factors that are unique to the situation in which they are used that may shorten the life of the tube guards such as exposure to “harsh” atmospheric conditions including chemical vapors. Thus, you may want to consider replacing the clear UV tube guard when a burned out T8 light bulb is replaced.
- (8) 5 star reviews
- (4) 4 star reviews
- (2) 3 star reviews
No reviews yet
Be the first to Write a review.
Question from Vern Patterson:
Answer from Pegasus:Vern, you can expect 85% transmission of light, so a 15% drop in lumen output.
Question from Vern:
Answer from Pegasus:Yes, light output is reduced when a tube guard is used over a fluorescent light bulb.
Question from Brian Warde:
Answer from Pegasus:Brian, All that I can tell you is that these UV tube guards have 0% UV transmittance below 395 nanometers (nm). I have never seen an acrylic tube guard.
Question from Jared:
Answer from Pegasus:These tube guards do not carry a UL listing.
Question from Kyle:
Answer from Pegasus:Kyle, I'm sorry but we only offer these T8 guards in 4-foot lengths. Your best bet to look into your local building codes for specific information.
Question from Bebe Lovejoy:
Answer from Pegasus:The tube guard covers the entire bulb except for the pins and metal end. No UV comes from the metal ends but I wouldn't be surprised if not covering them would allow some UV to come out the ends. It would likely be very minimal though.