T5 Clear UV Tube Guard
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships the next business day
FREE SHIPPING on any order $25 or more
SHOP. EARN. REDEEM. Automatically earn points with every purchase in our Rewards Program.
800.392.4818 M-F 8am-6pm ET
- UV-filtering plastic
- 44-9/16in length
- End caps included
- Not for HO lamps
- 10-year life
T5 clear UV tube guards slow down photochemical degradation in textiles, historical documents, and works of art. Intended for use in museums, art galleries, libraries, retail establishments, and other areas where the prevention of UV degradation is critical.
- Transmittance: has 0% transmittance below 395 nanometers (nm)
- Material: made of UV-filtering clear polycarbonate plastic (approximately 1/32in thick); may be cut to shorter lengths with a saw
- Length: 44-9/16 inches
- Diameter: the T5 clear UV tube guard with an outside diameter of 0.75 inches is designed to fit on a T5 linear fluorescent lamp that measures 5/8 inch in diameter
- End Caps Included: includes two, black, opaque end caps for each tube guard
- Not for High Output Lamps: these UV tube guards should be used only with standard T5 linear fluorescent light bulbs - not with T5 high output lamps; T5HO lamps will melt these UV tube guards.
- 10-Year Expected Life: Generally, the rated life of UV tube guards is considered to be up to 10 years. They are also made of UV-stabilized material which helps guard against degradation, yellowing, or becoming brittle over time. However, there are almost always other factors that are unique to the situation in which they are used that may shorten the life of the tube guards such as exposure to “harsh” atmospheric conditions including chemical vapors. Thus, you may want to consider replacing the clear UV tube guard when a burned out T5 light bulb is replaced.
Quantity Being Sold
Ask a Question
Question from Michael Lopez:
Could I just purchase a cover for the 2x4 ceiling fixture in lieu of putting UV guards on each lamp??
Answer from Pegasus:Michael, At this time we do not carry a cover for a 2x4 ceiling fixture.
You May Also Like