200 Assorted Diameters LED Fiber Optic Star Ceiling Kit
You save 15%!
Availability: Only 2 Left in Stock
Usually ships the next business day
- White light
- Various diameter fibers
- Creates near/far effect
- Twinkle wheel
- Remote control
- LED illuminator
- Different Diameter Fibers: 100 fibers have a 0.75mm diameter. 80 fibers have a 1mm diameter. 20 fibers have a 1.55mm diameter.
- How it Works: the star ceiling fiber optic acrylic fibers transmit light from an LED illuminator to your ceiling while a twinkle wheel (with alternating opaque and transparent sections) rotates in front of the LED inside the illuminator creating a mesmerizing twinkling effect at the other end of the fibers.
- White Light: the kit comes assembled with a white light twinkle wheel.
- Remote Control: the remote has (2) buttons - A and B. A controls the off and on mode. B controls the twinkle (twinkle on or twinkle off).
How to Install?
- Ceiling Access: access above the ceiling is required because this is where all of the fibers and the illuminator will be stored.
- Mark Your Ceiling Studs: use a stud finder to mark all of the studs on your ceiling to ensure that you don't drill in to any stud. This will also give you a starting point for creating a diagram of how you want your star ceiling effect to look. The areas between each stud location is where you can put a fiber optic strand.
- Illuminator Position: choose a position above your ceiling to put your illuminator light source engine so that the fiber optic wires can reach to all of the corners in your room.
- Storing Items Above Ceiling?: if you use the access area above the ceiling to store items then we recommend drilling 1-inch holes into the sides of the studs in your ceiling access. These holes will be used to run the fiber to each section of the ceiling. Without these holes the fiber would be laid over the studs and could be crushed by any items being stored in this location which would cause a loss of light and possibly break the strands.
- Diagram: we recommend drawing a diagram of how you want your star ceiling to look.
- Drill: the fun part - drill the holes in your ceiling based on your diagram.
- Insert Fiber Into Drilled Holes: in the ceiling access, feed the strands into your pre-drilled holes. Have the fiber "poke out" of the holes in your ceiling and glue the strand into its location. Many of our customers use a regular household glue.
- Clean the Ceiling: if necessary, clean the ceiling after inserting the fiber optic strands into each hole and before cutting the wires back.
- Cut Back the Strands: once the glue is dried completely you can cut back all of the strands poking out of the ceiling.
- Complete Installation Instructions (pdf file)
No reviews yet
Be one of the first to Write a review.
Question from Kristi:
Answer from Pegasus:Kristi: The fiber optics will poke out tiny holes you put in your ceiling. So, I don't see why you would not be able to paint your ceiling but you should not paint over the fiber optic strand poking out of your ceiling. It would probably be easier to paint the ceiling first and then install the fiber optic lighting. However, if it is already installed then maybe it would be easier to pull the strands out of the ceiling, paint it, and then replace the strands.
Answer from Greg Henry:You dont need to pull the fibers out, it is best to install the fibers long, paint the ceiling, and then go back and trim the fibers to 3/4 inch and that way the fiber poking through the ceiling does not show.
Question from Joe:
Answer from Pegasus:The illuminator measures 3-3/8in wide x 5-1/8in long x 2-1/2in high.
Question from Erin:
Answer from Pegasus:The end of the fiber optic cable is where it's illuminated.
Question from Steven Brawner:
Answer from Pegasus:I am not familiar with those systems. This item plugs into an outlet and is controlled by a remote control. I do not see a way it could be modified.
Question from Greg:
Answer from Pegasus:Greg, Yes, the remote will work through the ceiling.
Question from Ellie:
Answer from Pegasus:Ellie, This could be a number of issues or even simply the twinkle wheel, which is designed to make the lights twinkle. I would suggest calling our customer service to troubleshoot.
Question from Jim:
Answer from Pegasus:Yes, it's a complete kit and it plugs directly into the wall.
Question from John Mehl:
Answer from Pegasus:John, An LED illuminator is included. No, it does not change colors or have different programs. It is white light only with a twinkle wheel, which makes the fibers sparkle.
Question from Despina savva:
Answer from Pegasus:I'm sorry - it's 120V only, so no, it cannot be used in Cyprus.