About our Xenon Low Voltage Under Cabinet Task Lights
These dimmable xenon low voltage (12 volts) under cabinet fixtures are low profile and easy to install. The frosted glass diffuser makes them ideal for under cabinet lighting: It illuminates your countertop and backsplash without creating a harsh reflection. These xenon light fixtures also work very well as task lighting in offices, hospitals, and laboratories, or anywhere that shelf lighting is required.
- 1 Model:
- Low Profile: thickness varies from 1-1/8in at the front of the fixture (where the diffuser is) to 1-3/8in at the rear of the fixture (where the knockouts are); only 4.25in wide
- Lightweight Aluminum Frame: with color-matched injection molded plastic end caps for weight efficiency and consistency of finish
- White Finish: If you are interested in a brushed steel or a mocha bronze finish, please click Xenon LINE Voltage Task Lights to learn more.
- Even Light Distribution: glass diffuser runs the length of the fixture and ensures that the area below is uniformly lit and does not have “hot spots” of well-lit areas separated by dark areas
- Frosted Glass Diffuser: a frosted glass diffuser with simple push-to-open lens requires no tools to re-lamp
- Xenon Light Bulbs Are Included: 18-watt, 12-volt, T5, xenon wedge base Lamp(s) are supplied with the fixture (T5 means that the lamp is 5/8in in diameter.)
- Good Amount of Light: 250 lumens/lamp (approximately equal to that of a 25W standard incandescent light bulb)
- CRI: CRI is 100 for all xenon light bulbs (100 is considered to be the best)
- Good Lamp Life: rated life is 10,000 hours on average (In contrast, halogen lamps are generally rated at about 2000 hours.)
- Cooler Than Halogen: xenon light bulbs give off much less heat than comparable halogen light bulbs
- Easy Lamp Handling: unlike a halogen light bulb the glass envelope of a xenon light bulb may be touched with bare hands (while the lamp is cool) without causing the lamp to fail prematurely
- Integral Transformer: built-in 12-volt electronic transformer (50Hz/60Hz) in each fixture
- Hi/Lo/Off Switch: integral hi/lo/off switch
- Switching: when these xenon under cabinet task lights are linked together, an individual fixture may be adjusted by the hi/lo/off fixture switch without affecting the other fixtures. Additionally, if multiple fixtures are hardwired to power, then they may be controlled by a single wall switch as long as the three position switch on each fixture is left in the “hi” or “lo” position.
- Fully Dimmable: if these fixtures are hardwired to power, they are fully dimmable using a dimmer that has been designed to control an electronic low voltage transformer. If these fixtures receive power by being plugged into an electrical receptacle, they are fully dimmable if the cord & plug set is plugged into the top outlet of a dual wall receptacle, for which only the top outlet is controlled by a dimmer. This will leave the bottom outlet available with full power for other electrical appliances like toasters, mixers, TVs, and electric knives.
- Easy to Install: please click Installation Instructions for Xenon LOW Voltage Task Lights (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
- Easy to Wire: can be either hardwired directly to power or plugged into the nearest wall receptacle using a 3ft cord & plug set that is supplied with each fixture.
- Hardwire Option: may be “hardwired” directly to power source using multiple 1/2in knockouts at the rear of the fixture, the "top" of the fixture, or the two ends of the fixture.
- Easy to Connect Multiple Fixtures Together: with either power option, up to 1188 watts (66 light bulbs) can be wired together. One standard household wire connected between two fixtures can complete the circuit. Wire can be 16 gauge or better with no custom cord required.
- Spare Light Bulbs
- Lutron Electronic Low Voltage Dimmers
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Xenon Low Voltage Under Cabinet Task Lights, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Xenon Low Voltage Under Cabinet Task Lights
Stars based on
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Easy low cost lighting
March 27, 2011
I installed a slate tile backsplash in my kitchen and needed something to accent my work and these work great and were easy to install. One of the lights came with a small crack in the lens so I emailed Pegasus and next thing I know a new lens shows up at my door. Good customer service and product.
Pros:Low cost and easy to install. Good lighting of work area.
Cons:It was not free.
By Davud from Texas on July 12, 2013
Does the 18W bulb in the low voltage fixture really produce 200 lumens versus the 20W bulb in the line voltage fixture that is listed at 165 lumens?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on July 13, 2013
Answer:The 18W wedge base light bulbs emits about 250 lumens.
The 20W line voltage G8 bipin base emits about 165 lumens.
By Mary from Roanoke, VA on February 8, 2013
I bought a house 3 yrs. ago that has this fixture in my kitchen. I have had to replace a bulb in one of the three fixtures. That fixture is fine. Now a different one of the same Xenon fixtures is flickering, even after I replaced the bulb. Is there a transformer or bad switch problem, and how do I fix it?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on February 8, 2013
To make sure that it's not the light bulbs causing the flickering, try a set from another unit that is working properly in the flickering unit. See if the new light bulbs work in the unit that is not flickering and vice versa.
If flickering is still an issue, then your next step is to check all of the wiring connections. I would suggest an electrician for this step.