If you need assistance with selecting the right components for your lighting project, please download this Xenon Low Voltage Gemstone Puck Lights
worksheet, complete it, and fax it to 724.846.8833. Then a Technical Customer Service Rep will contact you by email or phone to discuss your project further.
Description of Xenon Low Voltage Gemstone Puck Lights
These decorative xenon low voltage (12 volts) gemstone puck lights have a unique protruding V-design. Their high color rendering index, dimming functionality, and ease of installation makes them an excellent choice for under cabinets, shelving, inside cabinets, book cases, curio cabinets, showcases, and displays.
- 6 Models:
||Natural Metal Finish
- Trim Material: die cast aluminum body with a tempered frosted conical glass diffuser
- Outside Diameter of Trim: 2.75in
- Ceiling Hole Diameter: 2-3/8in
- Housing Dimensions: only 1-7/8in high
- 10W Xenon Light Bulb Included: a 10-watt 12-volt xenon bipin light bulb is supplied with each fixture. You may order additional bulbs in the tab.
- CRI: CRI is 100 for all xenon light bulbs (100 is considered to be the best)
- Good Lamp Life: rated life is 10,000 hours on average. In contrast, the rated life of halogen lamp is 2,500 hours on average.
- Lamp Wattage: 10 watts
- Lamp Voltage: 12 volts (low voltage)
- Bipin Base: G4 bipin base (pins are spaced 4.0 mm apart)
- Energy-Efficient Quiet Electronic Transformers
- Fully Dimmable: may be dimmed with dimmers designed to control electronic low voltage transformers
- May be Surface or Recessed Mounted: may be surface mounted or recessed mounted
- Surface Mounted: round hollow finished “cup” bracket provided with mounting screws and wire exit molded into bottom surface of cup.
- Recessed Mounted: inner housing equipped with tension springs to grip directly onto cabinet material for secure, flush fit to mounting surface. For recessed applications, surface mounting cup bracket is simply discarded.
- Long Electrical Leads: each Xenon Low Voltage Gemstone Puck Light comes with two 24-inch 18 AWG wire leads with a plastic connector at the end. The plastic connector is simply plugged into a Multi-Tap Connector which, in turn, is hardwired to a transformer.
- Multi-Tap Connectors: multi-tap connectors provide an easy method to wire multiple fixtures to an electronic transformer. Multi-tap connectors come in two sizes; one connector (PNM-143) can accommodate up to 3 fixtures while the other connector (PNM-146) can accommodate up to 6 fixtures. Please click Accessories to learn more and order.
- Easy to Install: please refer to the Installation Instructions (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with an electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
- Accessories: click Accessories to learn more and order
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Xenon Low Voltage Gemstone Puck Lights, please call us at our toll free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Measurement Guide for Xenon Low Voltage Gemstone Puck Lights
When determining how many Xenon Low Voltage Gemstone Puck Lights you will need for under cabinet lighting you first will have to measure the space where the fixtures will be attached. To do this you should NOT measure the face of the cabinets; you should measure the "cavity" under the cabinet where the fixtures will actually be placed. We recommend that you then refer to the following table when determining how many Gemstone Puck Lights you will need. From the range given below select the number of fixtures that seems right for your situation.
||Xenon Low Voltage Gemstone Puck Lights
|6in - 10in
||1 Gemstone Puck Light
|11in - 18in
||2-3 Gemstone Puck Lights
|19in - 26in
||3-4 Gemstone Puck Lights
|27in - 34in
||4-5 Gemstone Puck Lights
|35in - 42in
||5-7 Gemstone Puck Lights
|43in - 50in
||6-8 Gemstone Puck Lights