Description of T8 Amber UV Tube Guards
These T8 amber UV tube guards protect light-sensitive materials. Place them in a clean room or "safelight" environment and they will eliminate UV, violet, and blue light.
- Transmittance: has 0% transmittance below 540 nanometers; eliminates UV, violet, and blue
- Material: made of UV-filtering amber acrylic plastic; may
easily be cut to shorter lengths with a saw
- Length: nominal length of 4 feet
- Diameter: the T8 amber UV tube guard with an outside
diameter of 1.25 inches is designed to fit on a T8 linear fluorescent lamp that
measures 1.0 inch (8/8in) in diameter
- End Caps: includes two, black, opaque end caps for each tube
- Not for High Output Lamps: these UV tube guards should be used only with standard T8 linear fluorescent light bulbs - not with T8 high output lamps; T8HO lamps will melt these UV tube guards.
- 10-Year Expected Life: Generally, the rated life of UV tube guards is considered to be up to 10 years. They are also made of UV-stabilized material which helps guard against degradation, yellowing, or becoming brittle over time. However, there are almost always other factors that are unique to the situation in which they are used that may shorten the life of the tube guards such as exposure to “harsh” atmospheric conditions including chemical vapors. Thus, you may want to consider changing the amber UV tube guard when a burned out T8 light bulb is replaced with a new one.
- Minimum Order: must be purchased in case quantities only of 24/case
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of T8 Amber UV Tube Guards, please call us at our toll-free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.