About our T8 Clear UV Tube Guards (Case of 24)
T8 clear UV tube guards hinder photochemical degradation in textiles, historical documents, and works of art. Intended for use in museums, art galleries, libraries, retail establishments, and other areas where the prevention of UV degradation is critical.
- Transmittance: has 0% transmittance below 395 nanometers (nm)
- Material: made of UV-filtering clear polycarbonate plastic (approximately 1/32in thick); may easily be cut to shorter lengths with a saw
- 4ft Long: nominal length of 4 feet
- Diameter: the T8 clear UV tube guard with an outside diameter of 1.235 inches is designed to fit on a T8 linear fluorescent lamp that measures 1.0 inch (8/8in) in diameter
- End Caps Included: includes two, black, opaque end caps for each tube guard
- Not for High Output Lamps: these UV tube guards should be used only with standard T8 linear fluorescent light bulbs - not with T8 high output lamps; T8HO lamps will melt these UV tube guards.
- 10-Year Expected Life: Generally, the rated life of UV tube guards is considered to be up to 10 years. They are also made of UV-stabilized material which helps guard against degradation, yellowing, or becoming brittle over time. However, there are almost always other factors that are unique to the situation in which they are used that may shorten the life of the tube guards such as exposure to “harsh” atmospheric conditions including chemical vapors. Thus, you may want to consider replacing the clear UV tube guard when a burned out T8 light bulb is replaced.
- Minimum Order: must be purchased in case quantities only of 24/case
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of T8 Clear UV Tube Guards, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
T8 Clear UV Tube Guards Case of 24
By Brian Warde from Sydney, Australia on May 6, 2014
Polycarbonate is normally NOT UV Stop material...in most cases ACRYLIC is used is this normal to offer a Polycarbonate material?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on May 7, 2014
All that I can tell you is that these UV tube guards have 0% UV transmittance below 395 nanometers (nm). I have never seen an acrylic tube guard.
By Jared from Ashland, Oregon on October 25, 2012
Are these tubes UL listed?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on October 25, 2012
Answer:These tube guards do not carry a UL listing.