Reg. Price: $39.90
Sale Price: $24.90
You Save: 38%: ($15.00)
OptionsSelect a Wattage / Length: 
AvailabilityUsually ships the next business day
Quantity  Add to cartAdd to Wishlist

About our Fluorescent T8 Side-Mount Light Fixtures
Description

Three lengths of T8 fluorescent low-profile side-mount light fixtures with electronic ballasts. These fluorescent fixtures may be used for backlighting or over cabinet lighting.

LIGHT FIXTURES

• 3 Models:
    PSTLP-SM217: 34 watts, 24in long
    PSTLP-SM225: 47 watts, 36in long
    PSTLP-SM232: 58 watts, 48in long
  • Low Profile: only 1.75in deep by 5-1/8in wide (with both lamps in place in these T-8 fluorescent light fixtures)
  • Quiet Electronic Ballast: lightweight electronic ballast provides instant-on starting with no flickering and cool quiet operation every time you use these T8 fluorescent light fixtures
  • Energy-Efficient: side-mount fixtures use only 34 watts, 47 watts, and 58 watts respectively
  • Easy To Install: fixture comes with the 4 lamp sockets stored inside the fixture; simply push them out through the appropriate slots; after they snap in place, the fixture is ready to install
  • Ample Knockouts: 7/8in knockouts are located on both sides, on both ends, and on the back;
    a 7/16in knockout is located on one side and at each end
  • Not Dimmable: these fluorescent fixtures are not dimmable

LIGHT BULBS

• T8 Light Bulbs: uses T8 fluorescent lamps (1.0in diameter). Lamps must be ordered separately.
    [Caution: always be certain that the lamp is seated properly in both of its sockets. Be sure that both pins of each end are inside their respective socket and that the lamp is rotated 90 degrees once the pins are in the sockets. Failure to make good electrical contact between the pins and its socket may result in arcing and excessive heating of the socket.]
  • Very Good Lamp Life: rated life is 20,000 hours on average

OTHER

• Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of T8 Fluorescent Side-Mount Light Fixtures, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form.  We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.

UL Listed  3-Year Warranty  Satisfaction Gaurantee  Quick Ship Item

Specifications & Measurements
FIXTURE MODEL# PSTLP-SM217 PSTLP-SM225 PSTLP-SM232
Fixture Length 24 in 36 in 48 in
Fixture Wattage 34 watts 47 watts 58 watts
Fixture Thickness 1.75 in
Fixture Width 5-1/8 in (with both lamps in place)
Lamp Type F17T8 F25T8 F32T8
Wattage of 1 Lamp 17 watts 25 watts 32 watts
Number of Lamps/Fixture 2
Ballast Type Instant Start Electronic

Product Reviews
Fluorescent T8 Side-Mount Light Fixtures
$24.90
1.5 Stars based on 3 Review(s)
Dan
Akron, Colorado
1 Stars

Boxed wrong.
September 21, 2013
The fixture is a dual element fixture but the ends of the metal enclosure were for a single element. I called customer service with no satisfaction. I had to take all the guts out and put them in my old metal enclosure.

Bill
Jacksonville, Florida
2 Stars

Beware - this fixture is a pain to install
August 24, 2013
This fixture is made of thin and poorly stamped-out sheet metal. The two end pieces are supposed to snap into place like most fluorescent fixtures are made to do...but these don't. As another reviewer said, you will need to jerry-rig the thing yourself by adding 2-3 sheet metal screws to each end. There are also no instructions. The Pegasus Lighting people have been helpful but they should give the manufacturer some feedback on these short comings. It's one thing to assemble the fixture on a table top but it won't hold together when you try to install it overhead. There is a 36" and 48" version of this light and they probably have the same problems.
Pros:
Low profile and good light output
Cons:
Very frustrating and time consuming to assemble. You will need to buy some sheet metal screws to hold it together.

Rod
Northeastern Kansas
2 Stars
I would recommend this item to a friend.

The Center Sheet Metal Piece Comes loose after installation.
May 28, 2011
The concept is very practical. Be prepared to add additional holes and screws to have the sheet metal hold together properly.
Pros:
The basic concept of side by side fluorescent tubes. I will probably buy more of these, but with full knowledge of the necessity to continue the manufacturing process.
Cons:
The poor sheet metal attaching. Before recommending this to anyone I would be sure to emphasize, you will have to modify it to make the sheet metal hold together.

Questions & Answers
By Eddie from Atlanta on November 15, 2012
Can an SO cord and plug be wired to this fixture?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on November 15, 2012

Answer:
Eddie,

This item is designed to be hardwired to power. However, I cannot think of a reason why you could not install a cord and plug as long as you are complying with all electric codes.
By Runswithbeers from Northern California on November 15, 2012

Answer:
The fixture has knockouts and you could add a cord with a box clamp through the knockout, though I don't know why you would. It would be difficult to set down with the two bulbs and not easy to hang, and the end caps would probably need to be screwed on to keep them from falling off if you moved it around.

By Eric from NH on September 16, 2012
Does this come with a cord to plug in and an on/off switch?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on September 17, 2012

Answer:
Eric,

No, it does not come with a cord & plug. This fixture is intended to be hardwired.

No, there is not an on/off switch.

By Robert Temple from Witz, VA on September 16, 2012
What is the width of the fixture?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on September 17, 2012

Answer:
The width is 5-1/8in

Recently Viewed Items
Accessories
Related Items