Contact Us Contact Us
Now In: Microfluorescent Light Fixtures  >  Microfluorescent T5 Low-Profile Light Fixtures

Product Overview:
  • Very low profile
  • Cool white bulb
  • Linkable
  • 2-Wire non-grounded
  • Energy-efficient ballast
  • Easy to install
  • Learn More

Need Assistance?

Have a Question?

Microfluorescent T5 Low-Profile Light Fixtures

Pegasus Lighting BBB Business Review

Item #PNULS
Rating
Price
$14.50
OptionsSelect a Wattage / Length: 
AvailabilityUsually ships the next business day
Quantity  Add to cartAdd to Wishlist

About our Microfluorescent T5 Low-Profile Light Fixtures
Description

Low-profile microfluorescent T5 fixtures use energy-efficient, silent, instant-on electronic ballasts and come complete with fluorescent cool white lamp, mounting clips and screws, direct connector, and cord and plug. These are very easy to install, can be linked together, and are extremely versatile fixtures that can be used in both residential and commercial applications - backlighting, cabinet lighting, cove lighting, desk lighting, display case lighting, exhibits, indirect lighting, merchandising, over cabinet lighting, shelf lights, showcase lighting, task lighting, trade show lighting, and under cabinet lighting.

LIGHT FIXTURE

• 6 Models:

8 watts 13 watts 18 watts 21 watts 24 watts 28 watts
    Model # PNULS-8 PNULS-13 PNULS-18 PNULS-21 PNULS-24 PNULS-28
    Length without power cord 13.5in 22.5in 25-1/8in 35.5in 37.25in 47in
    Length with power cord 15.5in 24.5in 27in 37.5in 39in 49in
  • Very Low Profile: only 7/8in wide by 1-11/16in high
  • Very Little Heat: gives off very little heat
  • Complete Unit: each T5 Low-Profile Fluorescent Fixture made of polycarbonate comes with a T5 cool white fluorescent lamp, an attractive, easy-to-clean, ribbed, acrylic cover that protects the T5 fluorescent lamp, a rocker switch pre-installed on the fixture, a direct connector, and a 6ft cord-and-plug with a two-prong polarized plug

LIGHT BULB

• Light Bulb Included: T5 (5/8in diameter) fluorescent light bulb with a color temperature of 4100K (cool white) is included with each fixture
  • Very Good Lamp Life: rated life is 20,000 hours on average (Lamp is easily replaced.)
    Caution: always be certain that the lamp is seated properly in both of its sockets. Be sure that both pins of each end are inside their respective socket and that the lamp is rotated 90 degrees once the pins are in the sockets. Failure to make good electrical contact between the pins and its socket may result in arcing and excessive heating of the socket.
  • End of Lamp Life: when a fluorescent light bulb burns out it is always a good idea to turn off the corresponding Microfluorescent fixture. Otherwise, the solid state ballast used inside that fixture can sometimes burn out while trying to start a bad light bulb.

ELECTRICAL FEATURES

• Quiet Electronic Ballast: built-in lightweight electronic ballast provides instant-on starting with no flickering and cool quiet operation
  • Energy-Efficient: uses only 8, 13, 18, 21, 24, 28 watts of power/fixture respectively
  • Linkable: as many as 10 T5 units may be linked together in one continuous line using Direct Connectors or Flexible Connectors of 6in, 12in, or 18in. If the distance between two T5 Low-Profile Fixtures is greater than 18 inches, then use two or more Flexible Connectors. For example, if the distance between two T5 Low-Profile Fixtures is 25 inches, use two 18in Flexible Connectors connected end-to-end. (NOTE: Each T5 Low-Profile Light Fixture normally comes with an "end cap" on one end. This end cap must be removed before the fixture can be linked to a second fixture.)
  • Rocker Switch Pre-Installed: all of the fixtures come equipped with a small rocker switch on the side of the fixture. When the Fluorescent T5 Low-Profile Fixtures are linked together one or more of the fixtures may be turned off by using the rocker switch without affecting the other fixtures.
  • 2-Wire Non-Grounded: 2-wire non-grounded fixtures like these Microfluorescent T5 Low-Profile Light Fixtures can be used for residential installations; on the other hand, 3-wire grounded microfluorescent fixtures are strongly recommenced for projects that require grounding - especially commercial installations
  • Not Dimmable: these fluorescent fixtures are not dimmable

INSTALLATION

• Easy to Install: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
  • Plug-In Electrical Connection: unit is supplied with a 6ft cord-and-plug adapter with a two-prong polarized plug. These Microfluorescent T5 Low-Profile Light Fixtures cannot be hardwired directly; their profile is simply too small.

ACCESSORIES

• Flexible Connectors: Optional, used to link 2 or more T5 fixtures together
  • Direct Connectors: Optional, used to link 2 or more T5 fixtures together end-to-end
  • T5 Cool White Fluorescent Light Bulbs: Optional, additional spare lamps are recommended

OTHER

• Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Microfluorescent T5 Low-Profile Light Fixtures, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form.  We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.

ETL Listed  1-Year Warranty  Satisfaction Gaurantee  Quick Ship Item  Installation Difficulty

Specifications & Measurements

When determining how many Microfluorescent T5 Low-Profile Light Fixtures and which size you will need for under cabinet lighting you first have to measure the space where the fixtures will be attached. To do this you should NOT measure the face of the cabinets; you must measure the "cavity" under the cabinet where the fixtures will actually be placed. We recommend that you "fill up" the cavity space with as many fixtures that can fit. For example, for a space that measures 28 inches we recommend that you use the fixture that measures 25-1/8in, NOT the one that measures 22.5in. This will ensure that the countertop below will be uniformly lit.

Cavity Measurement Microfluorescent T5 Low-Profile Light Fixtures   Cavity Measurement Microfluorescent T5 Low-Profile Light Fixtures
15.5in - 24in PNULS-8 40in - 49in PNULS-24
25in - 27in PNULS-13 50in + PNULS-28
28in - 37in PNULS-18    
38in - 39in PNULS-21    
NOTE: These dimensions assume that the power cord sticks out approximately 2.0in from the fixture.

Product Reviews
$14.50
4.5 Stars based on 29 Review(s)
Jack
Memphis, TN
5 Stars
I would recommend this item to a friend.

Perfect
September 20, 2014
Quality build, nice bright light, easy installation under cabinet. The fixtures we replaced were plastic framed and were rotting after only two or three years - right where it mounted to the cabinet. One just fell off. These fixtures are made of metal, T5 bulbs are efficient and bright. Switch is on the fixture, if you need one. Eco plus - Pegasus shipped them with water-soluble p-nut packing. I tossed them on the compost pile instead of sending them to the land fill.
Pros:
Quality construction and bright white light. Perfect for over the stove or sink.
Cons:
None

Doug
Billings, MT
5 Stars

Only Pegasus had what I was looking for (I checked around hard) And at a great price!
April 13, 2014
I was seeking a replacement for a simple design compact slim profile 13" fluorescent light (-GE) that upon returning from away I found wouldn't light! Thinking it was just a bulb problem I bought one spare for but to no avail. Turned out the fixture was bad and all I could do was replace it! Nobody else offered such but finally the Lord led me to Pegasus. The light is perfect for its need. Most affordable. This light will literally illuminate the yard too through the window in which the old one hung! So for $21 (with shipping) I have a perfect solution to the whole problem. I don't have to return the spare bulbs. Nor settle for dark MN! And all thanks to God and Pegasus because nobody else offered anything comparable let alone as nice. I am very very satisfied (couldn't be more)!

Randle
Denton, Texas
5 Stars

Five Star Satisfaction
November 9, 2012
We're impressed with the sturdiness and quality of this light fixture, and have purchased an additional one to give to a relative. It illuminates the counter top area under it very brightly, and is quiet in operation. Its low profile allows it to be totally hidden under modern kitchen cabinetry. Parts were provided for several different approaches to mounting. Pegasus filled and shipped our order promptly, and it arrived very well packed and in perfect condition.

John Bammel
Naples, FL
5 Stars

Satisfaction
July 12, 2014
Easy to install. Works well. Fast delivery and knowledgeable resource people.
Pros:
See above
Cons:
None

Connie
Davis, California
5 Stars

Exactly the desired profile
May 24, 2014
This size is exactly what I had in mind for the lighting project. The mounting hardware and slots make it a 'snap' to install. One item I had not considered is that the on/off rocker switch is on what I would consider as the left side of the fixture; no big deal, but a bit of a surprise.

HP
Seattle, WA
4 Stars

Small, bright, does the job.
May 3, 2014
I've only test-lit these units, but all three that I ordered worked perfectly out of the box. All components seem well designed and constructed.
Pros:
Compact design, should fit anywhere you need a small fluorescent light -- under counters, inside cabinets, etc.

James
Lafayette,TN
5 Stars

Microfluorescent T5 light fixture
February 25, 2014
The light is as advertised. I received it in record time. I installed it with the hardware included and everything went good. The light works perfect and I am well pleased.

Diana
Greenfield, MA
5 Stars

Perfect for our application
December 9, 2013
We needed lights for a long narrow closet - these are perfect. Installed easily and lots of light!

Robert Wald
Burbank, CA
5 Stars

48" Microfluorescent Light Fixture
November 21, 2013
Our entire kitchen is lit up with these under counter fixtures, also purchased from Pegasus a few years ago. One fixture failed recently so we ordered this one as a replacement. It is basically the same as the ones we already have but a newer model with a slightly different housing. So, the original mounting clips did not fit and the new light did not include mounting clips, and we had to improvise a little! However, these lights are perfect for our particular application, the tubes seem to last a very long time and, for any handy person, it is no problem to figure out how to install them.
Pros:
Lots of light, easy installation, very low profile, long life fluorescent tubes, relatively inexpensive.
Cons:
No mounting hardware included, may fail after several years.

Mary
Lansing, MI
5 Stars

Nice streamline light
November 9, 2013
Perfect for cove lighting application. One (out of 16) came with a broken bulb, which was replaced immediately.
Pros:
Lights link together; come in various lengths

Questions & Answers
By Tom from Bellingham, WA on February 25, 2013
Are the ballasts replaceable on these units?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on February 26, 2013

Answer:
Tom - the short answer is no. Basically the fixtures are too small to replace the ballast.

By Malcolm Jensen from Bairnsdale Victoria Australia on June 19, 2013
I have a microfluorescent 28 watt T5 low-profile light fixture and want to change the lamp but am having trouble removing the diffuser without damaging the fixture. Would you please inform me on the correct way to remove the diffuser? Many thanks and I hope that you are able to assist me with this problem.
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on June 20, 2013

Answer:
Malcolm,

The diffuser should remove easily by simply grasping the base of it and pulling it upward. You may need to use your finger nail under the edge but it should be easy to remove.

By Terry from Albany, NY on February 28, 2013
I'd like to create a lighted panel to back light a vintage Mobil Gas sign lens (about 5' in diameter). I don't have a lot of clearance. Is it possible to mount the fixture on its side?
By John from Los Angeles, CA on February 28, 2013

Answer:
We have been using the T5 low profile light strip for over a year. It is on a shelf overlooking hard to read DVDs in an old armoire housing a TV. It has made the use of a flashlight a thing of the past. T.Y.
By Penny Anderson from Regina, Saskatchewan on February 28, 2013

Answer:
Yes Terry it would work as it mounts on the side. I use my lights for under cabinet lighting.
By Deborah from Santa Clarita, CA on March 1, 2013

Answer:
The mounting brackets are made for the backside of the light and are not wide enough for the sides. I have mine laying on it's side on a shelving unit, and it is fine. If you go to the hardware store, I am sure you can find something to work for a side mounting. I would check with the manufacturer if you are using it outside. It does not have. grounded plug.

By Tim from Michigan on October 23, 2013
What size bulb does the 13w 22.5" fixture take? Size in inches.
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on October 24, 2013

Answer:
It takes the 13W 21in T5 - http://www.pegasuslighting.com/t5-fluorescent-light-bulb-f13t5cw.html

By Deer from San Antonio, TX on August 4, 2012
Which item# do I order if I have 22" 2-prong T5 13 watt bulbs (22" includes the prongs)?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on August 6, 2012

Answer:
Thanks for your question.

The PNULS-13 uses the 13W light bulbs.

By Julie from Slingerlands, NY on August 23, 2012
My showcase is glass & metal. I cant drill in it to mount it. Is there another way to mount the light in
the showcase? Perhaps adhesive?

By Ryan from Costa Mesa, CA on August 23, 2012

Answer:
I have used VHB and it works pretty well. The key to VHB is that you have to push really hard to start the adhesive process. Many people just put it on and barely push and this does not engage the adhesive fully.
By Matt from Costa Mesa, CA on August 23, 2012

Answer:
Use the grey 3M adhesive exterior tape. You can purchase it from your local Home Depot.
By Mark from Raleigh on August 23, 2012

Answer:
We used industrial velcro to mount this fixture under the ledge of a desk.
By ray from ray.smith12@gmail.com on August 23, 2012

Answer:
The light fixtures are pretty light. A good double sided tape should hold them up.
By Barbara from Kansas on August 23, 2012

Answer:
3M VHB tape will work great. Product #4930
By Annie from Chapel Hill, North Carolina on August 23, 2012

Answer:
I ordered this fixture to use as a desk light. I mounted it under some shelving with screws. While I can't speak from personal experience about using adhesive, the fixture itself is not heavy at all, so I wouldn't be surprised if a few adhesive strips would hold it steady (the top is flat - perfect for sticking things). Plus the light doesn't generate that much heat (compared to an incandescent or halogen), so temperature wouldn't be a problem for the adhesive as much. Overall, this light has functioned perfectly for me - crisp white light and no glare on my computer screen!!!
By Joseph from Medford, Ma. on August 24, 2012

Answer:
Yes. Use clear silicone caulking. It has strong holding power when dried.

By Uli from Estero, Florida on December 15, 2012
Bought T5 28 watts 47" long. How can I change the lamps? Regularly you twist them until the pins are straight upright and take them out. This model has a plastic ring there and I could not get the lamps out of the fixture.
Anybody help?

By Mike Bennett from Macedon, NY on August 3, 2013
I have 3/4 inch deep space below cabinets. I don't want the bulbs to show or at least minimize the view. Can these be mounted flush against the bottom of the cabinet with thinnest profile used? If not can you suggest better option, Electrical outlets are limited and LED drivers seem too expensive to have installed to direct power. Thanks in advance. Mike
By Pegasus Lighting on August 5, 2013

Answer:
Yes, these can be mounted flush against the cabinets. However, the thickness will be 7/8in, so it will be visible below your 0.75in lip. Note that these are some of our lowest profile fixtures.
By Greg from Enfield CT on August 5, 2013

Answer:
Unfortunately the 3/4" limitation will drive you in a different direction. I had a similar situation with available space. We ended up going with LEDs which had a much lower profile and last much longer than these T5 lamps.
By B Amin from Bolingbrook IL on August 5, 2013

Answer:
Short Answer is "yes". Even after installing flush against at the bottom of the cabinet, you may see the fixture at a distance. Not if you are standing at your countertop doing your "counter top" stuff, then you will not see the fixture. Also,you might want to install the fixture at the bottom of cabinet right at the front(i.e. right behind cabinet's front facing frame). Although this type of installation is a bit awkward and difficult but the end results are beautiful and you will not see the fixture and glow of the light will gently fall on your task.
By Deborah from Santa Clarita, CA on August 5, 2013

Answer:
It might be tight as you would have to lay them on their side. They are exactly 3/4" . The brackets will not work in this scenario, so you would have to find an alternative way of mounting them. If you use mounting tape, it will put you over the 3/4" depth under the cabinet. Having said that, they are a fantastic light source for what you are describing.
By Jack from Martinsville, IN on August 6, 2013

Answer:
3/4" is pushing it but I got around this by moving lights back about 2-3 Inches and stapling aluminum foil under the lamps to bottom of cabinet to increase light output and increase area covered by lamp laying on it's side.
Looks and works great. In fact I had another brand installed on other cabinets and placed foil under them with the same results. Brighter output and better distribution of light.

By Jim from Montana on April 15, 2013
It says two wire non grounded. These are direct wire fixtures? Do they connect right to left or left to right or both? At which end can the wires come right or left?

By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on April 16, 2013

Answer:
Jim, these are NOT direct wire fixtures. The fixture's profile is too small to be wired directly. They can only be plugged in.

By Tony from Cranford, NJ on September 11, 2013
So, when say 3 fixtures are attached to one another, if I leave 2 with the rocker switch in the on position and the 3rd which will have power cord going to outlet, can I just use the one rocker switch to turn all 3 on and off at once.
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on September 11, 2013

Answer:
Tony,

No, that will not work. Each individual rocker switch controls each individual fixture, even when linked together.

The two lights that are On will be On no matter what the switch position is for the first fixture.

By Brock Landers from Strongsville,Ohio on December 24, 2013
I will be building a new house and for the kitchen I will need 3 PNULS-28s & 3 PNULS-8s as I have 3 locations that will need one of each wired together.I also have a 4th location that will need 1 PNULS -24. Can these all be wired together so they come on with one external wall switch? If not what would you suggest?
By Andy from Seaford, DE on December 26, 2013

Answer:
We use them in an application where 6 lights are daisy-chained together into one receptacle and have that receptacle controlled by a light switch. That should work similar to what you are trying to do
By Greg Davis from Enfield, CT on December 26, 2013

Answer:
They can be wired together. Make sure that you purchase the jumper cord that is available from the manufacturer.
By LehiTech from Lehigh Valley, PA on December 26, 2013

Answer:
I believe they can be wired if you use a link cable. The cables are short, 12" I think, so if you are going to make longer runs that it will be an issue because you won't be able to plug the cables into an extension cord.
By Scot from Key Largo, FL on December 26, 2013

Answer:
They come with a regular wall plug, so you can plug these into an extension cord to a powered switched outlet. I did this for my entertainment center that lights up with a switch. Hope this helps.
By Daren from Syracuse, UT on December 26, 2013

Answer:
I have a similar setup in my house that we built and I used the same lights. All the lights go to a single wall switch. You'll need a hardwire box in each location. I used these: http://www.pegasuslighting.com/hardwire-box-grounded-metal-psgbm.html (Make sure you have the box corresponding to your lights. I used 3-wire version: http://www.pegasuslighting.com/microfluorescent-t5-grounded.html). Have an electrician run the wires in the wall to the boxes and to the switch. When you're ready to install the lights, plug one into the box and daisy chain them together (depending on your setup) with http://www.pegasuslighting.com/connector-grounded-flexible-psgcc.html. I used some small wire clips to attach the wires to the underside of the cabinet. Similar to these: http://www.pegasuslighting.com/wire-clip-pslwc1.html I've included some pictures. If you have any other questions reply back. Works great and looks awesome.
By Richard from Missoula, MT on December 26, 2013

Answer:
The NULS 8 fixtures that I use have a notice that says no more than 8 units (8 x 8 = 64 Watts) or no more than 70 Watts. Presumably this limit applies when they are wired together, one feeding thru to the next, using the sockets at each end of each fixture. If only two fixtures are wired together in this fashion at each location then each location would be well within the 70 watt limit. All four locations (132 Watts or less than 1.point 2 Amps total) would be well within the limits of a single 12 gauge 15amp circuit controlled by a single light switch. Because of the ordinary two prong power plug that comes with each fixture, I would be tempted to feed each location with an ordinary duplex wall outlet, but this would probably waste half of each duplex outlet because anything plugged into the extra socket would be turned off whenever the lights are turned off ,and also might overload the light switch.

PS regarding the NULS8s. I live in a camper and they work well both on commercial AC power but also work
when fed by a 12 volt battery through a power inverter.
Regards, Richard

Recently Viewed Items
Accessories
Related Items