Contact Us Contact Us
Now In: Under Cabinet Lighting  >  Fluorescent Under Cabinet Lighting  >  Fluorescent T5 Thin-Inch Light Fixtures

Product Overview:
  • Rocker switch installed
  • Cool white bulbs
  • Steel housing
  • CA Title 24 Compliant
  • Learn More

Need Assistance?

Have a Question?

Fluorescent T5 Thin-Inch Light Fixtures

Pegasus Lighting BBB Business Review

Item #PTISL-EXSB
Rating
Price
$17.90
OptionsSelect a Wattage / Length: 
AvailabilityUsually ships the next business day
Quantity  Add to cartAdd to Wishlist

About our Fluorescent T5 Thin-Inch Light Fixtures
Description

These fluorescent T5 thin-inch under cabinet light fixtures are available in five sizes and come complete with lamps, electronic ballasts, and pre-installed rocker switches. These fluorescent fixtures are perfect for kitchen under cabinet task lighting, work stations in offices, hospitals, and laboratories, certain types of display cases and showcases, shelf lighting, exhibits, merchandising, and bars.

LIGHT FIXTURE

• 5 Models:

Model# PTISL-
    120EXSB
    PTISL-
    210EXSB
    PTISL
    240EXSB
    PTISL-
    330EXSB
    PTISL-
    420EXSB
    Wattage 8 watts 13 watts 16 watts 21 watts 26 watts
    Lumens 320 lumens 700 lumens 640 lumens 1020 lumens 1400 lumens
    Length 12-1/8in 21.25in 24.5in 33-3/8in 42-3/8in
  • Low Profile: only 1in thick by 5in wide
  • Steel Housing: die-formed housing made of cold rolled steel with a baked white enamel finish
  • Flexible Polycarbonate Diffuser: flexible, one piece, extruded, ribbed, white polycarbonate diffuser
  • Complete Fixture: supplied with
    1) T5 cool white fluorescent lamp(s),
    2) T5 electronic ballast,
    3) a pre-installed rocker switch, and
    4) a Cable connector for hardwiring.

LIGHT BULB

• Fluorescent Light Bulbs Are Included: fluorescent T5 lamp(s) (5/8in in diameter) are included
  • Cool White Light Bulbs: color temperature of 4100K (cool white)
  • Lumen Ratings: 8W light bulb produces 320 lumens of light; 13W light bulb produces 700 lumens of light
  • Good Lamp Life: rated life is 10,000 hours on average (Lamp is easily replaced.)
    [Caution: always be certain that the light bulb is seated properly in both of its sockets. Be sure that both pins of each end are inside their respective socket and that the light bulb is rotated 90 degrees once the pins are in the sockets. Failure to make good electrical contact between the pins and its socket may result in arcing and excessive heating of the socket.]

ELECTRICAL FEATURES

• Quiet Electronic Ballast: lightweight electronic ballast provides instant-on starting with no flickering and cool quiet operation (less heat, less weight, less noise, & lower wattage than a magnetic ballast)
  • Energy Efficient: uses only 8, 13, 16, 21, 26 watts of power/fixture respectively (Uses 70% less energy than incandescent lights of equivalent wattage.)
  • CA Title 24 Compliant: this thin-inch under cabinet light meets California Title 24 strict energy-efficient requirements
  • On/Off Rocker Switch: an on/off rocker switch is pre-installed
  • Switching: when these fluorescent under cabinet task lights are linked together, an individual fixture may be adjusted by the on/off fixture switch without affecting the other fixtures. Additionally, if multiple fixtures are hardwired to power, then they may be controlled by a single wall switch as long as the rocker switch on each fixture is left in the “on” position.
  • Not Dimmable: these fluorescent fixtures are not dimmable

INSTALLATION

• Easy to Install: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). [Caution: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.]
  • Easy to Wire: may be “hard-wired” directly to power source using multiple 1/2in knockouts at the rear of the fixture, the "top" of the fixture, or the two ends of the fixture.
  • Easy to Connect Multiple Fixtures Together: multiple fixtures can be "daisy-chained" together. One standard household 14/2 wire between each fixture completes the parallel circuit.

OTHER

• Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Fluorescent T5 Thin-Inch Light Fixtures, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form.  We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.

UL Listed  1-Year Warranty  Satisfaction Guarantee  Quick Ship Item  CA Title 24 Compliant

Product Reviews
$17.90
4.5 Stars based on 58 Review(s)
Jeffrey Jacks
Alturas, California
5 Stars
I would recommend this item to a friend.

Just what I needed
September 28, 2013
These little lights give really Big performance. Perfect under cabinet (or) under shelf lighting with minimal power consumption and plenty of soft light. Experience with Pegasus Lighting was exceptional. Quality products, fast shipping and great service!

stevvor
United States
5 Stars

August 29, 2013
Bought three (12 inch) for kitchen undercabinet. Great lights, great service. Have already placed order for more now that I have seen the product. (Do-it your-selfer)
Pros:
Quality and price
Cons:
Agree with previous comment about not much room to store the wires, but the ballast can slide to the left or right to make more room.

FH
Ann Arbor, MI
5 Stars

High Quality, Low price, Good quick service
August 5, 2013
Lamp met my expectations. It is high quality.
Pros:
Quick delivery, low cost. Quick start ballast.
Cons:
Wish there was a "no switch" option - but a small matter. Also wish I could choose color temp of bulb, but easy to swap out bulbs.

John T.
Pasadena, California
5 Stars

Quality seems excellent after one month's use
August 4, 2013
Purchased two 42" fixtures to replace a pair from Home Depot that had died -- one, after about 7 years; the other, after 13 years of use. In each case, of course, it was the electronic ballast that failed, and finding compatible ballasts was a dead end. Especially since original manufacturer seems to have gone out of business. In any case, these were a fairly easy replacement, even though both lights are hardwired in place; and the light output is as good or better than previous T5 fixtures. I'll buy these again if any of my other fixtures fail.

Jeff
Charlotte, NC
5 Stars

Needed light for my office desk hutch
July 8, 2013
Needed light over my office desk hutch. My wife and I have a home business where we are constantly at our desk. We have a matching set of desks with hutch. Her's is a 72 in desk & mine a 60 in, both with overhead hutch for storage. We bought a nice pair of hutch lights for her's, which work great, from the desk manufacturer. Rather pricey. I ordered the Fluorescent Thin-Inch 26 watt 42 3/8in from Pegasus Lighting for half what her's cost. It actually came quicker than the due date. Connected a power cord in it, mounted it under hutch, was the perfect light. Now my wife says she likes mine more than hers. When hers give out, will buy another one from Pegasus Lighting just like mine. Very well built light and easy to install. Thank you Pegasus Lighting for selling quality products. Have already recommended to three friends.
Pros:
Ease of installation. Quality built. Thinness is a plus. Looks great. Great price.

Maxine
Palo Alto, CA
5 Stars

Thin is in!
February 18, 2011
I placed several of these lights in my new closets and they provide just the right amount of light for small spaces.
Pros:
Barely visible, easy to install, priced just right.

Jim
San Clemente, CA
5 Stars

Trouble Free
March 20, 2014
I was directed to Pegasus through Amazon.com. I went to Lowe's and they didn't have any 12" fixtures in stock, back to the internet. Pegasus had exactly what I was looking for and there was no problems on the website. The delivery was prompt , so I have no negatives to report.

Betty
Ohio
3 Stars

Does the job
March 17, 2014
I was able to successfully replace a similar non-functioning fixture with this item. Doesn't get 5 stars because the design is such that the portion holding all the wiring is VERY difficult to release & reinstall on the casing. It hooks under tabs on the casing but there is not enough give to get it apart easily. Maybe there is a trick I just don't know about but it was tough. Got it apart, but on installation wound up using a washer to hold it in place on one end as I could only get it under one of the tabs. Pegasus gets 5 stars for speedy shipping and including bulbs with the fixture.
Pros:
Bulbs included.
Cons:
Difficult to take apart as needed to access the wiring connections.

MK
Bay Area, CA
4 Stars

Thin inch under cabinet lights
February 27, 2014
I bought 4 of these light fixtures for replacement of existing under cabinet kitchen lighting. 3 were in stock and 1 had to be ordered. The 3 arrived within 5 business days. One fixture had missing wire nuts and cable clamp, but I did not need them (old fixture nuts were used). In general, I was pleased with the fixtures and the resulting lighting. My only criticism would be that the way to open/close the fixture for wiring access required the metal to be pushed out of an overlapping "lip". This was not easy for one person to hold and push. The old fixtures had a simple nut/screw to release the access. Other than this, installation (direct wiring) was straight forward.

Ray
Katy, TX
5 Stars

A perfect match
February 12, 2014
Had to replace "builder's model" lamps that failed. Could not find any big box stores with comparable model. Found the close match at Pegasus.
Pros:
Installed simply. Had sufficient "knockout" positions for wiring at multiple points.
Cons:
Wiring cover attached with clips rather than screws. A little harder to close the unit.

Questions & Answers
By Jeff in Dallas from Dallas on October 24, 2013
I'm assuming the 42 3/8 fixture takes 2 21-inch 13-Watt T5 bulbs? I'm replacing a 42.5" fixture that takes 2 21-inch 13-watt T5 bulbs.
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on October 25, 2013

Answer:
Jeff,

That's correct. The 42in fixture takes 2 13W T5.

By Camp from Washington, DC on February 18, 2014
To confirm the bulb configuration of 24.5inch model is 2 12-inch T5's?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on February 19, 2014

Answer:
Yes, it uses two 8W 12in T5 light bulbs.

By Jim from Thousand Oaks, CA. on February 24, 2014
What is the width of this item?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on February 25, 2014

Answer:
5in wide

By Steve Havanas from Cleveland, OH on August 26, 2012
Are replacement lens (bulb covers) available for this fixture?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on August 27, 2012

Answer:
Steve, I'm sorry - replacement covers are not available

By Steven Lopez from Durham, NC on September 7, 2012
Does this come in 277V?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on September 7, 2012

Answer:
Steven,

No, it is 120V only

By Bob Hanes from Brighton MO on August 11, 2013
What is the distance from the end to the back knockout, if it is the center what is the total length of the fixture?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on August 12, 2013

Answer:
There are 3 knockouts on each fixture.

One knockout is in the center. See the models table in the description for the exact length of each size.

Two knockouts are on the ends. They are 1-11/16in from the edge of the fixture.

By Barb from NJ on December 21, 2013
I have 4 24 "cabinets right next to each other.
Are these linkable?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on December 22, 2013

Answer:
Yes, they can be linked together using standard 14/2 household wire.

By Chuck Higgins from San Diego, CA on October 28, 2012
Will the knockout accept two Romex cables plus a ground? What is the dimension of the knockout? Location?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on October 29, 2012

Answer:
There are multiple 1/2in knockouts located at the rear, top, and ends of the light fixture. I would suspect that being able to fit the cables will be determined by their exact cable size.
By Joey from Kingsland, TX on October 29, 2012

Answer:
The factory knockout is 3/8". I will often drill a 7/8" hole where I want it and insert a black bushing and that will support two 12/2 Romex. It will be difficult to get both wires in the 3/8 hole but possible.
By JR from Clemson, SC on October 29, 2012

Answer:
The fixture is 1" thick. There are three knockouts on the long fixtures, all on the back, each end and the middle. I think the middle one is larger than the ends, probably the full 1", while ends are maybe 3/4". Assuming use with non-metallic Romex® cable, #14 would work. #12 would be mighty crowded.
By John from Naples, FL on October 29, 2012

Answer:
No. It will not. The dimension is about 1/2 inch diameter.
By Jim from Winston Salem, NC on October 29, 2012

Answer:
We have installed with (2) 14/3 wires with no problem.
By David Watkins from Bel Air, Maryland on October 29, 2012

Answer:
Yes, this is feasible. There is a larger knockout in the middle-back to allow placement near the back of a wall cabinet, with a plastic grommet included. There are 2 smaller knockouts on either end, as well, and they do accommodate Romex connectors. Use 14 gauge wire for connections, because of space limitations in the 1 inch housing.
By John Blizard, Installer for Vicki from Northern VA on October 29, 2012

Answer:
I just installed two of these for a customer. The knockout is the standard size that will accept a 3/8" Romex cable connector and you can fit two 12/2 or 14/2 Romex connectors. There are several knockouts available-side, back. I had to use the one in the back. The metal connector supplied with the light is TOO SMALL FOR THE KNOCKOUT IN THE FIXTURE. In the one install I used a standard 3/8" NM cable connector, and the other light fixture came with a plastic grommet type knockout insert which fit and worked fine.

Hope this helps!
John
By Jeff B from Tulsa on October 29, 2012

Answer:
These fixtures have 1/2 KO's that will accommodate 2 Romex cables with ground. I recommend using 16 gauge or less for flexibility. 12 gauge is very tough to work with in these thin fixtures.
By Donald from Bullard, TX on October 31, 2012

Answer:
There are 6 knockouts. Each are 0.5 inches in diameter. Three are located along the back edge (left, right and center) and three on the top surface (left, right and center). Since my light is mounted in a tight space I cannot see if there are any more.
Hope this helps.
By Curtis from Syracuse, New York on October 31, 2012

Answer:
There is a knockout at left and right ends and at the center of the back of the fixture. The knockout approximates the size of a penny. The Romex wire that supplies power to my fixture has a black, white and bare ground wire. This one Romex wire was able to fit into the knockout. Don't know why you will need two of these but the knockout is big enough to tightly fit two Romex wires.

Recently Viewed Items
Accessories
Related Items
Related Categories