Contact Us Contact Us
Now In: Under Cabinet Lighting  >  Fluorescent Under Cabinet Lighting  >  T5 Fluorescent Thin & Narrow Plug-In Light Fixtures

Product Overview:
  • Low profile
  • Plug-In
  • Quiet electronic ballast
  • Energy-efficient
  • Rocker switch
  • Light bulb included
  • 2-Year warranty
  • Learn More

Need Assistance?

Have a Question?

T5 Fluorescent Thin & Narrow Plug-In Light Fixtures

Pegasus Lighting BBB Business Review

Item #PSL-EB
Rating
Price
$19.90
OptionsSelect a Wattage / Length: 
AvailabilityUsually ships the next business day
Quantity  Add to cartAdd to Wishlist

About our T5 Fluorescent Thin & Narrow Plug-In Light Fixtures
Description

These thin & narrow fluorescent T5 lights come complete with light bulbs, electronic ballasts, and pre-installed rocker switches. They are perfect for kitchen under cabinet task lighting; work stations in offices, hospitals, and laboratories; display cases and exhibits.

LIGHT FIXTURES

• 5 Models:

Model# PSL-123EB PSL-213EB PSL-333EB PSL-423EB
    Wattage 8 watts 13 watts 21 watts 28 watts
    Lumens 320 lumens 700 lumens 1970 lumens 2700 lumens
    Length 12.25in 21.25in 34-3/8in 46.25in
  • Low Profile: only 1in thick by 2.5in wide
  • Steel Housing: die-formed housing made of cold rolled steel with a baked white enamel finish
  • Flexible Polycarbonate Diffuser: flexible, one piece, extruded, ribbed, clear polycarbonate diffuser
  • Complete Fixture: supplied with
    1) T5 cool white fluorescent light bulb,
    2) T5 electronic ballast,
    3) a pre-installed rocker switch,
    4) 5-foot cord & plug, and
    5) a 24-inch linking cable

LIGHT BULB

• Light Bulb Is Included: fluorescent T5 lamp (5/8in in diameter) is included with each fixture.
  • Cool White Lamps: color temperature of 4100K (cool white)
  • Good Lamp Life: rated life is 10,000 hours on average (Lamp is easily replaced.)
    [Caution: always be certain that the lamp is seated properly in both of its sockets. Be sure that both pins of each end are inside their respective socket and that the lamp is rotated 90 degrees once the pins are in the sockets. Failure to make good electrical contact between the pins and its socket may result in arcing and excessive heating of the socket.]

ELECTRICAL FEATURES

• Quiet Electronic Ballast: lightweight electronic ballast provides instant-on starting with no flickering and cool quiet operation (less heat, less weight, less noise, & lower wattage than a magnetic ballast)
  • Energy Efficient: uses only 8, 13, 21, 28 watts of power/fixture respectively
  • On/Off Rocker Switch: an on/off rocker switch is pre-installed
  • Switching: when these fluorescent under cabinet task lights are linked together, an individual fixture may be adjusted by the on/off fixture switch without affecting the other fixtures
  • Not Dimmable: these fluorescent fixtures are not dimmable

INSTALLATION

• Plug-In Electrical Connection: may be plugged into a nearby standard 120-volt outlet using the 5-foot cord & plug that is supplied with each fixture; although there are rear knockouts on these fixtures, they cannot be hardwired directly because the inner plug connectors block the knockouts. For a hardwire version of this light fixture, please see the T5 Fluorescent Thin & Narrow Hardwire Light Fixture.
  • Linkable: each fluorescent fixture includes one 24-inch Linking Cable, which makes it very easy to electrically link 2 Fluorescent T5 Thin & Narrow Light Fixtures together
  • Safety: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.

OTHER

• UL Listed: UL listed in the USA & Canada
  • 2-Year Warranty: these under cabinet task lights carry a 2-year warranty
  • Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Fluorescent T5 Thin & Narrow Plug-In Light Fixtures, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form.  We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.

UL Listed  2-Year Warranty Satisfaction Gaurantee  Quick Ship Item  Installation Difficulty

Product Reviews
$19.90
4 Stars based on 9 Review(s)
Prof
Topeka, KS
1 Stars

Many shortcomings
February 4, 2013
Not much light. You have to add a couple of inches in addition to the 18-inch width due to the funky cord that sticks out the side -- poor engineering. Also, the bulb is very small and cramped into the frame. You can't get your fingers around it to take it out or put it in. You have to fool with needle nose pliers. Poor engineering again. All this and little light, a waste of time and money. Buy something else!
Pros:
Not much
Cons:
Most everything

JIM PYRON
LOACHAPOKA AL
5 Stars
I would recommend this item to a friend.

T-5 FIXTURE
January 19, 2013
Fixture is as described. I am visually impaired and this is a test mounting the fixture in a special way...just over the computer plus keyboard. Works very well. After additional test will likely order the next length - 21 inches plus or minus.
Pros:
Simplicity Plug-in No problem

ML
Los Angeles
4 Stars

December 30, 2012
Easy to install. Works fine. Wish it came with a choice of light color.
Pros:
Provides adequate under counter lighting
Cons:
Had to buy separate warm white bulb

Robert Evans
Iron River, MI
5 Stars

Works good - just what I needed
December 30, 2012
This under-cabinet light fixture arrived promptly, and was just as described. Installation was pretty easy (you do have to supply your own wood screws). I am very satisfied with this purchase.

Calvin Sammons
Bartlett, TN
4 Stars

Great Lights, So So Linking cable
September 16, 2012
These give great light for a very fair price. But what is truly exceptional is the customer service from Pegasus. I had a problem and have never had a problem handled as effectively as they did. Truly great service.
Pros:
Great value and well made lights
Cons:
Did not furnish mounting screws or template for mounting. Not having a linking cable other than 24 inches causes you extra work and effort to hide the excess wire. Not a good thing for the inexperienced.

Mike
Wilmington, DE
5 Stars

Undercounter Light
February 20, 2012
This light is very easy to install and provides a lot of light. It's a perfect undercounter light for a reasonable price.

JRKSR56
Glasgow, KY
4 Stars

First DOA product I've ever had.
December 23, 2011
As I stated the first light was DOA in spite of what I would call an over the top packaging. The customer service of Pegasus Lighting was outstanding!! The 4 star rating has little to do with the light, it's for the seller.
Merchant Response:
Thank you for your nice comments regarding our customer service. We definitely do not have many reports of lights delivered dead on arrival. This was definitely a strange problem. I am glad that we were able to resolve the issue quickly and to your satisfaction.
Pros:
The perfect size to hang over my keyboard and lights it from end to end.
Cons:
The first one was DOA.

Seward
New York, NY
3 Stars

(Mostly) Easy-to-Install Task Light
September 17, 2011
I installed this in less than 30 minutes with nothing more than a screwdriver.
Pros:
Simple design. Easy instructions, except for how to remove the cover, part of the installation process: The diagram did not show which edge to peel away from the housing and when I finally tried the correct edge (the one closer to the switch), it came right off with no trouble. I'm chalking this up to inexperience - no stars taken away for this. Overall, I would recommend this item to friends, but only those who have experience installing things. (See my comments on installation.)
Cons:
I took away 2 stars, not for performance but for installation which was a slight hassle: 1. No screws provided. Good thing I had leftovers from previous do-it-yourself projects but they were standard wood screws with countersunk heads; factory-supplied domed screws would have been a better fit for such fixtures with keyhole installation slots. (Take away 1st star.) 2. The power cord provided was a male. The safety cap was fitted to the female connector on the fixture, which meant I had to remove it before plugging in the cord. Since the safety cap did not fit the male connector, it remained an exposed shock hazard. I made do by taping cardboard over it. (Take away 2nd star.)

Jon
SW Ohio
3 Stars

Product is great ... but On-line connection description faulty
April 25, 2011
We ordered several of these lights ( 12" & 24" units) for a new kitchen cabinet installation planning to hardwire to wall switch. The fixtures appear to be well built units and I'm sure would work just fine if you are looking for a plug-in connection. For a plug-in installation, these rate a 5-star for low cost, compact and sturdy build. However, the "thin and narrow" case essentially prevents hardwiring these lights. Although the Web page description claims "may be hardwired" these lights are not designed so this is a reasonable option and there are no instructions provided for doing so. Yes, there are knock outs in the back of the case but these are blocked on the inside by the plug-in connectors and the welded-on brackets that hold the plug-in wiring in place - see photo. Service from Pegasus has been great so far, so I'll be returning these lights and try the T5 Thin-Inch units.
Merchant Response:
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback about this product. Based upon your review we will be updating our website very soon and selling this product as a linkable or plug-in unit ONLY and offering a different product by the same manufacturer that has a slightly different design that is much easier to hardwire.
Pros:
Well built Compact Economical
Cons:
Can NOT be hardwired.

Questions & Answers
By Jessie from San Francisco on February 13, 2014
Is the 46 inch light linkable?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on February 14, 2014

Answer:
Yes, all of the lengths are linkable.

Recently Viewed Items
Accessories