Contact Us Contact Us
Now In: Under Cabinet Lighting  >  Fluorescent Under Cabinet Lighting  >  T5 Fluorescent Thin & Narrow Hardwire Light Fixtures

Product Overview:
  • Low profile
  • Quiet electronic ballast
  • Energy-efficient
  • Rocker switch
  • Light bulb included
  • 2-Year warranty
  • Learn More

Need Assistance?

Have a Question?

T5 Fluorescent Thin & Narrow Hardwire Light Fixtures

Pegasus Lighting BBB Business Review

Item #PSL-ESB-DW
Rating
Price
$19.90
OptionsSelect a Wattage/Length: 
AvailabilityUsually ships the next business day
Quantity  Add to cartAdd to Wishlist

About our T5 Fluorescent Thin & Narrow Hardwire Light Fixtures
Description

These thin & narrow fluorescent T5 lights come complete with light bulbs, electronic ballasts, and pre-installed rocker switches. They have a very low profile, allowing them to be hidden under cabinets while still proving excellent task lighting.

LIGHT FIXTURE

• 5 Models:

Model# PSL-
    123ESB-DW
    PSL-
    213ESB-DW
    PSL-
    243ESB-DW
    PSL-
    333ESB-DW
    PSL-
    423ESB-DW
    Wattage 8 watts 13 watts 14 watts 21 watts 28 watts
    Lumens 320 lumens 700 lumens 1270 lumens 1970 lumens 2700 lumens
    Length 12.25in 21.25in 22.5in 34-3/8in 46.25in
  • Low Profile: only 1in thick by 2.5in wide
  • Steel Housing: die-formed housing made of cold rolled steel with a baked white enamel finish
  • Flexible Polycarbonate Diffuser: flexible, one piece, extruded, ribbed, clear polycarbonate diffuser
  • Complete Fixture: supplied with
    1) T5 cool white fluorescent light bulb,
    2) T5 electronic ballast,
    3) a Cable connector for hardwiring, and
    3) a pre-installed rocker switch

LIGHT BULB

• Light Bulb Is Included: fluorescent T5 lamp (5/8in in diameter) is included with each fixture.
  • Cool White Lamps: color temperature of 4100K (cool white)
  • Good Lamp Life: rated life is 10,000 hours on average (lamp is easily replaced.) [Caution: always be certain that the lamp is seated properly in both of its sockets. Be sure that both pins of each end are inside their respective socket and that the lamp is rotated 90 degrees once the pins are in the sockets. Failure to make good electrical contact between the pins and its socket may result in arcing and excessive heating of the socket.]

ELECTRICAL FEATURES

• Quiet Electronic Ballast: lightweight electronic ballast provides instant-on starting with no flickering and cool quiet operation (less heat, less weight, less noise, & lower wattage than a magnetic ballast)
  • Energy Efficient: uses only 8, 13, 14, 21, 28 watts of power/fixture respectively
  • On/Off Rocker Switch: an on/off rocker switch is pre-installed
  • Not Dimmable: these fluorescent fixtures are not dimmable

INSTALLATION

• Hardwire Electrical Connections: may be hardwired directly to power using household wire and the multiple knockouts at the rear of the fixture. For a plug-in, linkable version of this light fixture, please see the T5 Fluorescent Thin & Narrow Plug-In Light Fixture.
  • Safety: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.

OTHER

• UL Listed: UL Listed in the USA & Canada
  • California Title 24 Compliant
  • 2-Year Warranty: these under cabinet task lights carry a 2-year warranty
  • Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Fluorescent T5 Thin & Narrow Hardwire Light Fixtures, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form.  We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.

UL Listed  2-Year Warranty Satisfaction Gaurantee  Quick Ship Item  Installation Difficulty

Specifications & Measurements

When determining how many Fluorescent T5 Thin & Narrow Hardwire Light Fixtures and which size you will need for under cabinet lighting you first will have to measure the space where the fixtures will be attached. To do this you should not measure the face of the cabinets; you should measure the "cavity" under the cabinet where the fixture will actually be placed. We recommend that you "fill up" the cavity space with as many fixtures that can fit. For example, for a space that measures 27 inches we recommend that you use the fixture that measures 22.5in long, not the one that measures 12.25in. This will ensure the countertop below will be uniformly lit.

Cavity Measurement T5 Fluorescent Thin & Narrow Hardwire Light Fixture
13in - 21in one #PSL-123ESB-DW
22in one #PSL-213ESB-DW
23in - 34in one #PSL-243ESB-DW
35in - 46in one #PSL-333ESB-DW
47in + one #PSL-423ESB-DW

Product Reviews
$19.90
4.5 Stars based on 8 Review(s)
Jack Freethy
Lafayette, California
2 Stars

Installation directions lack full description
July 27, 2014
I have called your distributor and she was nice, but lacked the full details to install this light. A complete installation video would have been helpful , but that is not available. I will attempt to have an electrician friend of mine to assist me in this installation. I hope we do not break the lens.
Cons:
better directions. and a video installation guide would be helpful

W. Sampson
Parker, CO
4 Stars
I would recommend this item to a friend.

T5 Fluorescent
March 12, 2014
This unit was very easy to install. The hardest part is squeezing the unit to free it so that wires can be connected. I used a large offset pliers that provided the proper leverage.

Jim
Appleton, WI
4 Stars

Super Bright Light
November 10, 2013
The replacement of our over-the-sink light went without a hitch, except that the small diameter bulb was difficult to remove and replace using my fat fingers. The light is super bright. My wife is very happy with the result of my efforts. I recommend this product to other do-it-yourselfers.

Paige
Elm Grove, WI
5 Stars

Nice lights
May 30, 2013
Can't see under the cabinets

Sally
Portland, Maine
5 Stars

Great Kitchen Undercabinet Light
May 8, 2013
This was a replacement light for one I purchased just over a year ago from Lowe's. The switch would work only intermittently and Lowe's no longer carries the size I needed. This one fits the bill perfectly. Excellent lighting and just the right size for the undercabinet space I need to illuminate. Very inexpensive compared to others.

ROGER
NW Arkansas
5 Stars

Under counter lights, t-5 fluorescent
November 15, 2012
Arrived in two days after shipping, great turn around time, very well packaged, great to do business with.
Pros:
Great product for the price, my wife loves her undercounter lighting.
Cons:
no cons

DEB
Elkhart, IN
4 Stars

Great for closets
April 9, 2012
Installed in new home in closets. Small size but has great light. Would buy again.

Neil
Gainesville, FL
5 Stars

Good Value
December 3, 2011
I purchased 11 of these style fixtures in various lengths to redo the under/over cabinet lighting in my kitchen. They were easy to work with and provide more light than I had with the old, larger tube, fluorescents. They seem to be made out of more inexpensive materials than the ones I took out (i.e., thinner metal case), but they work fine and are much cheaper in cost than many similar fixtures. Out of sight, out of mind.

Questions & Answers
By Richard from 04105 on May 20, 2014
Can I purchase this light fixture with a 3000K bulb rather than the specified 4100K bulb?

By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on May 20, 2014

Answer:
Richard,

These fixtures only come with a 4100K lamp.

3000K or other desired color temperature light bulbs may be purchased separately - http://www.pegasuslighting.com/t5-fluorescent-light-bulbs.html

By Nancy from Charlotte, NC on August 8, 2012
Can you confirm that these are NOT linkable?
By Pegasus Lighting on August 9, 2012

Answer:
Nancy, You are correct; these are not linkable.
By Neil from Gainesville, FL on August 9, 2012

Answer:
I have installed these in my kitchen. They are not linkable if you are thinking of a "plug and play" type thing but the are totally linkable by wire. They have punch out holes in both ends. I ran one power wire into one and then another wire connecting it to the next and then the next. All three are tight against each other. So I guess it depends on what you are looking for, plug together, no; wire together, yes.
By Jim from Concord, NORTH CAROLINA (NC) on August 9, 2012

Answer:
Well, they are, sort of. You can link them with Romex (this requires a clamp, which Pegasus will sell you). The problem is on the smaller fixtures (12"). There is a switch on one side. The wiring and the switch take up all the extra room, so on the smaller ones, they are theoretically linkable, but in practice, they are not. I ended up going to another supplier to get fixtures without switches. Pegasus might carry unswitched fixtures, or they could special order (but that gets expensive).
By Kevin VanBuren from New Paltz on August 9, 2012

Answer:
This one is not linkable. See the plug-in linkable one as an alternative.

By Richard from 04105 on May 21, 2014
What size are the electrical knockouts?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on May 22, 2014

Answer:
They are 1/2inch knockouts.
By CHARALAMBOS from MASPETH, NY on May 22, 2014

Answer:
They are the small ones. I think around 1/2 inch, if i am not mistaken they come with the connectors.

By Diane from Boston, Massachusetts on September 12, 2012
Can these be installed on a 20-amp circuit?
By Jim from Concord, NC on September 13, 2012

Answer:
Yes. 20 amps is the limit of the circuit. It constrains how much you can attach to the circuit.

By Mark from Marine, Minnesota on October 21, 2012
Does the 46.25 fixture have a knockout in the back (the side against the cabinet) to hard wire it with Romex?

By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on October 22, 2012

Answer:
Yes, each fixture has knockouts on the back of the light fixture.
By Jim from Concord, NORTH CAROLINA (NC) on October 22, 2012

Answer:
Yes.

By Shari from Barrie, On, Canada on June 2, 2013
Why does this light have a rocker switch if it is hard wired?
I assume I have to supply the wiring?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on June 3, 2013

Answer:
Shari,

The rocker switch is included for those applications where the light is NOT hardwired to a wall switch. Also, it allows you to control each fixture in a circuit individually.

Yes, wiring is NOT included.

Thanks!

By Shari from Barrie,On, Canada on June 3, 2013
Can these fixtures be purchased in Canada, (Ontario) specifically ? If so, where?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on June 3, 2013

Answer:
Shari,

We happily ship to Canada. If you'd like to order for us, simply select the size fixture you'd like and click Add to Cart. Feel free to call customer service for ordering assistance.

Recently Viewed Items
Accessories
Related Items
Related Categories