About our Optivex® UV Glass Filters
These Optivex® UV glass filters eliminate more than 99% of UV radiation. Choose your own diameter or order a custom size by phone to protect textiles, historical documents, or works of art from photochemical degradation.
- Retards Photochemical Degradation: retards photochemical degradation in textiles, water colors, historical documents, works of art, and other sensitive display items
- Blocks UV Radiation: average UV blocking exceeds 99% for all radiation below 400 nanometers in wavelength
- Higher Light Levels: allows an increase of light levels without the risk of damage to display objects
- Several Light Sources: enables the use of a broader range of light sources
- Good Visible Light Transmission: average visible light transmission exceeds 85%
- Heat-Resistant Material: made of heat-resistant borosilicate glass
- Several Sizes: Optivex® UV glass filters are available in the sizes listed below. [Caution: The size of the UV glass filter should be determined by what will hold the filter in place (a filter holder and/or the light fixture) and not by the lamp (light bulb) diameter.]
1.965in diameter – normally used with MR16 fixtures
3.750in diameter – normally used with PAR20 fixtures
4.750in diameter – normally used with PAR30 fixtures
5.437in diameter – normally used with PAR38 fixtures
Custom Diameter – total order must be for 25+ pieces of one size
Custom Rectangular Sizes – up to 10in x 30in available upon request
- No Color Distortion: sharp filter cutoff means almost no color distortion in the visible spectrum.
- Long Life Span: the Optivex® UV filter is a dichroic glass filter that is extremely durable, resisting abrasions and cracking; lasts significantly longer than plastics or gels
- Cleaning Instructions: To clean Optivex® UV glass filters use NON-ammonia based, commercially-available, glass cleaning agents. They may be applied directly to the filter but do NOT immerse or soak Optivex® filters in any cleaning solutions. Cleaning agents containing harsh chemical or abrasive detergents may cause scratches or deterioration of the special film that has been deposited on the glass.
- Comments: Ultraviolet radiation —invisible, silent, ubiquitous, and persistent enough to steal the color and value from the priceless images of museum masterpieces and the hues of high fashion fabrics. Your textiles, water colors, historical documents, and works of art can be displayed safely while reducing the harmful effects of photochemical degradation —with Optivex® UV filters.
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Optivex® UV Filters, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Specifications & Measurements
Transmittance Graph for Optivex® UV Glass Filters
Transmittance Curve Showing Percentage of
Transmission vs. Wavelength of Light
Optivex® UV Glass Filters
By Dan from San Francisco on December 7, 2012
Hi! I have some halogen light fixtures that came with our house when it was new. Once, when changing a bulb, I accidentally misplaced a circular glass fixture. I wanted to see if I could track down a replacement. I took a picture of one of the remaining ones. It appears to read "UV-001." Would this Optivex UV Glass Filter be a suitable replacement? It's an MR16 type fixture.
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on December 7, 2012
Yes, this should be a good replacement. Select our smallest size designed for MR16 lamps.