Description of Decorator PIR Occupancy-Vacancy Sensor, 180-Degrees, Wall Mounted, No Neutral Required
This passive infrared occupancy sensor will turn lights on when body heat is detected and automatically turn them off when you leave the room. It easily replaces standard wall switches or dimmers and will reduce energy consumption by eliminating wasteful use of electricity in rooms where people forget to turn off the lights. The sensor will cover up to 180 degrees and 1200 square feet. Install it to work with any fluorescent or incandescent light sources with no minimum load required.
- Uses: commercial grade sensor for offices, storage closets, small restrooms; can also be used in certain residential settings when the sensor can "see" the occupant and the occupant is not motionless for more than 30 minutes at a time
- Occupancy Sensor OR Vacancy Sensor: sensor can act as either an occupancy sensor or as a vacancy sensor.
In the occupancy mode the sensor turns the lights on when someone enters the room and off after the last occupant leaves the room. Note: the lights can also be turned off by pressing the on/off switch at the bottom of the face of the sensor.
In the vacancy mode the lights turn on when the on/off switch at the bottom of the face of the sensor is pressed and off after the last occupant leaves the room. Note: the lights can also be turned off by pressing the on/off switch at the bottom of the face of the sensor.
- Light Sources Controlled: incandescent, halogen, xenon, fluorescent (both electronic & magnetic ballasts)
- Adjustable Time Delay: will turn off lights after 15 seconds to 30 minutes depending on how the time delay is set
- Technology: Passive Infrared (PIR) technology detects human movement in room
- Adjustable Sensitivity Settings: sensitivity can vary from a low of "1" (used to avoid false alerts in smaller rooms or near a doorway or near a heat source) to a high of "4" (used in larger rooms)
- LED Indicator: has an LED indicator to verify detection within the room
- Wall Plate Included: standard decorator wall plate is included
- Coverage Area: 180°, 1200 square feet
- Color: white
- Dimensions: 1.63in(H) x 1.69in(W) x 1.30in(L)
- Specifications: for the complete specifications, including wiring and coverage diagrams, please examine the information on this Specifications Sheet (PDF).
- Neutral Wire NOT Required: sensor must be connected to green wire (ground), black wire (hot), red wire (lighting load)
- Easy to Install: designed to be mounted in a standard wall box. Please see these Installation Instructions (PDF) for details.
[Caution: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.]
- Wattage Controlled: 0-800 watts
- Voltage: 120 volts
- No Minimum Load Requirement: sensor does not need a minimum amount of lighting load to work properly
- Indoor Use Only
- Brand: Intermatic
- CA Title 24: meets California Title 24 requirements
- UL Listed in the USA & Canada
- Warranty: 5-year limited warranty
- ISO9001 Registered: manufacturing facility meets a family of standards relating to high quality management systems, which is periodically confirmed by a third party certification body
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Decorator PIR Occupancy-Vacancy Sensors, please call us at our toll-free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.