About our Decorator PIR Occupancy-Vacancy Sensor, 180-Degrees, Wall Mounted, Neutral Required
Add this occupancy-vacancy sensor to utility rooms, closets, bathrooms, or even office spaces for automatic on/off lighting. This passive infrared (PIR) sensor detects body heat and will automatically turn the lights on until the presence is no longer detected. This sensor is designed to work with both incandescent and fluorescent lighting and has multiple settings, so you can customize the light control to your exact needs.
- Uses: commercial grade sensor for offices, storage closets, small restrooms; can also be used in certain residential settings when the sensor can "see" the occupant and the occupant is not motionless for more than 30 minutes at a time
- Occupancy Sensor OR Vacancy Sensor: sensor can act as either an occupancy sensor or as a vacancy sensor.
In the occupancy mode the sensor turns the lights on when someone enters the room and off after the last occupant leaves the room. Note: the lights can also be turned off by pressing the on/off switch at the bottom of the face of the sensor.
In the vacancy mode the lights turn on when the on/off switch at the bottom of the face of the sensor is pressed and off after the last occupant leaves the room. Note: the lights can also be turned off by pressing the on/off switch at the bottom of the face of the sensor.
- Ambient Light Sensor: prevents the lights from turning on when sunlight is present, regardless of occupancy. The sensitivity of the Ambient Light Sensor is adjustable.
- Light Sources Controlled: incandescent, halogen, xenon, fluorescent (both electronic & magnetic ballasts)
- Adjustable Time Delay: will turn off lights after 15 seconds to 30 minutes depending on how the time delay is set
- Technology: Passive Infrared (PIR) technology detects human movement in room
- Adjustable Sensitivity Settings: sensitivity can vary from a low of "1" (used to avoid false alerts in smaller rooms or near a doorway or near a heat source) to a high of "4" (used in larger rooms)
- LED Indicator: has an LED indicator to verify detection within the room
- Wall Plate Included: standard decorator wall plate is included
- Coverage Area: 180°, 1200 square feet
- Color: white
- Dimensions: 1.63in(H) x 1.69in(W) x 1.30in(L)
- Specifications: for the complete specifications, including wiring and coverage diagrams, please examine the information on this Specifications Sheet (PDF).
- Neutral Wire Required: sensor must be connected to green wire (ground), black wire (hot), red wire (lighting load), and white wire (neutral)
- Easy to Install: designed to be mounted in a standard wall box. Please see these Installation Instructions (PDF) for details.
[Caution: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.]
- Wattage Controlled: 0-800 watts
- Voltage: 120 volts
- No Minimum Load Requirement: sensor does not need a minimum amount of lighting load to work properly
- Indoor Use Only
- Brand: Intermatic
- CA Title 24: meets California Title 24 requirements
- UL Listed in the USA & Canada
- Warranty: 5-year limited warranty
- ISO9001 Registered: manufacturing facility meets a family of standards relating to high quality management systems, which is periodically confirmed by a third party certification body
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Decorator PIR Occupancy-Vacancy Sensors, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Decorator PIR Occupancy-Vacancy Sensor, 180-Degrees, Wall Mounted, Neutral Required
Stars based on
I would recommend this item to a friend.
October 20, 2013
Priced other Sensor Switch's and by far the BEST product for the price. Must give this switch a big Number 5!!!!!
By David from Louisville, KY on February 5, 2013
Will these work on a light that is currently wired as a 3-way (i.e., switched from two locations)?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on February 5, 2013
These are designed only for single pole installation.