Description of Miniature MR11 Low Voltage Recessed Lighting Fixtures with White Baffle
These miniature MR11 low voltage recessed lighting fixtures have a white baffle and a low-profile housing. Ideal for non-insulated ceilings, shelving, cabinets, and displays.
- 4 Models:
PNM-244-W has a white trim with white baffle
PNM-244-B has a black trim with white baffle
PNM-244-C has a chrome trim with white baffle
PNM-244-G has a gold trim with white baffle
- Trim Material: die cast aluminum
- Outside Diameter of Trim: 2-5/8in
- Ceiling Hole Diameter: only 2-5/16in
- Housing Dimensions: only 3-3/8in high
- Thermal Control Protection: has thermal control protection to prevent the fixture from overheating
- Ceiling Insulation: fixture is UL approved for use in non-insulated ceilings. This fixture may be used in an insulated ceiling but only if all insulation is kept at least 3 inches away from all outside surfaces of the housing.
- Downlight Only: has been UL tested and approved only as a downlight. If this fixture were to be used as an uplight, the air flow and heat dissipation may cause the fixture to overheat and, at the very least, will cause the lamp to burn out prematurely.
- Complete Fixture: supplied with cast aluminum trim, clear glass lens with retaining ring, low-profile housing, halogen socket with 18in leads, and thermal control protection to prevent the fixture from overheating
- Lamps: uses a 12-volt MR11 low voltage halogen lamp. (Lamp ordered separately.) The appropriate MR11 low voltage halogen lamp may be ordered in the Accessories tab.
- Lamp Wattage: maximum of 20 watts
- Transformers: uses 12-volt electronic transformer. (Transformer must be ordered separately.) The appropriate 12V electronic transformer may be ordered in the Accessories tab.
- Transformer Wattages: our 150W electronic transformers can power 3-6 20-watt mini recessed lights; depending on the transformer some of our 300W electronic transformers can power 3-15 20-watt mini recessed lights while some of our other 300W electronic transformers can power 2-15 20-watt mini recessed lights. [Caution: Some of our electronic transformers will not operate properly unless they power at least 50 watts of lighting load and some will not operate properly unless they power at least 35 watts of lighting load.]
- Multi-Tap Connectors: multi-tap connectors provide an easy method to wire multiple fixtures to one electronic transformer. Multi-tap connectors come in two sizes; one connector (PNM-143) can accommodate up to 3 fixtures while the other connector (PNM-146) can accommodate up to 6 fixtures. Please order the multi-tap connectors in the Accessories tab.
- Dimmability: fixtures may be dimmed by connecting a dimmer to the LINE voltage side (primary side) of the transformer
- Dimmers: uses a dimmer designed for a low voltage electronic transformer. (Dimmer and Transformer must be ordered separately.) For a complete description of the dimmers that are specifically designed to control a low voltage electronic transformer please click on Dimmers for Electronic Low Voltage Lighting Systems.
- Easy to Install: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
- Accessories: click Accessories to learn more and order
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Miniature MR11 Low Voltage Recessed Lighting Fixtures with White Baffle, please call us at our toll-free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.