About our Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixtures
This grounded, 3-wire, twin microfluorescent T5 light fixture includes a 360 degree adjustable light shield for those applications where shielding light is important. It also includes the lamp, mounting brackets and screws, direct connector, and built-in, instant-on, energy-efficient, silent, electronic ballast. A very versatile light fixture for both home and office, the microfluorescent twin adjustable T5 HO grounded light fixture can be used for backlighting, cabinet lighting, cove lighting, desk lighting, display case lighting, exhibits, merchandising, over cabinet lighting, shelf lights, showcase lighting, task lighting, trade show lighting, and under cabinet lighting.
- 3 Models
- Adjustable Light Shield: fixtures feature an adjustable light shield that rotates 360° to direct light where you need it
- Solid Construction: fixture frame is constructed of extruded aluminum unlike some T5 fluorescent units that are made of plastic
- White Enamel Finish
- Full Fixture Lighting: the end of the T5 lamp is only 0.50in from the end of the fixture unlike some T5 units like this that often have a full 1.50 inches between the end of the lamp and the end of the fixture
- Very Low Profile: only 3in wide by 1in high
- Very Little Heat: gives off very little heat
- Acrylic Diffuser: the acrylic diffuser lamp cover fits securely on the housing of the fixture and distributes light output with the highest efficiency and quality of beam control
- Complete Unit: includes two energy efficient high output T5 fluorescent lamps, power cord, acrylic cover, one direct connector, and stainless steel mounting clips with screws for vertical or horizontal mount.
- High Output T5 Light Bulb: offers increased light output, up to 70% more lumens than standard T5 lamps
- Light Bulbs Included: energy efficient high output T5 (5/8in diameter) tri-phosphorous fluorescent lamps with a color temperature of 3000K (warm white), 4100K (cool white), or 6400K (daylight)
- Very Good Lamp Life: rated life is 20,000 hours on average (Lamp is easily replaced.) Caution: always be certain that the lamp is seated properly in both of its sockets. Be sure that both pins of each end are inside their respective socket and that the lamp is rotated 90 degrees once the pins are in the sockets. Failure to make good electrical contact between the pins and its socket may result in arcing and excessive heating of the socket.
- Good Color Rendition: high Color Rendering Index (CRI) of 82+ for all white lamps (warm white, cool white, daylight)
- Lamp Lengths: 3 different lamp lengths of 22.25in, 36in, and 48in regardless of color temperature or color of lamp
- End of Lamp Life: when a fluorescent light bulb burns out it is always a good idea to turn off the corresponding Microfluorescent fixture. Otherwise, the solid state ballast used inside that fixture can sometimes burn out while trying to start a bad light bulb.
- Quiet Electronic Ballast: built-in lightweight electronic ballast provides instant-on starting with no flickering and cool quiet operation
- Energy Efficient: uses only 48, 78, 108 watts of power/fixture respectively
- Linkable: can be installed as a single unit or as multiple units connected in line with Direct Connectors and/or Flexible Connectors of 6in, 12in, 24in, or 36in. If the distance between two Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable High Output T5 Light Fixtures is greater than 36 inches, then use two or more Flexible Connectors. For example, if the distance between two Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable High Output T5 Light Fixtures is 65 inches, use two 36in Flexible Connectors connected end-to-end.
- Maximum Wattage: linkable up to 10 fixtures with a maximum of 350 watts
- 3-Wire Grounded: 3-wire grounded fixtures like these Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 HO Grounded Light Fixtures are strongly recommended for projects that require grounding - especially commercial installations; on the other hand, 2-wire non-grounded microfluorescent fixtures can be used for residential installations
- Not Dimmable: these fluorescent fixtures are not dimmable
- Easy to Install: easy to install with 2 screw-in clips, then fixture snaps into place
- Electrical Connections: can easily be connected to power by either using the included 6-foot power cord or a choice of two different Hardwire Boxes. However, these Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable High Output T5 Light Fixtures cannot be hardwired directly to the fixture; their profile is simply too small.
- Plastic Hardwire Box with Control Switch: will permit the Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable High Output T5 Light Fixture(s) to be hardwired and controlled by the rocker switch on the hardwire box. It has 3 knockouts for electrical connections. (Please remember that a flexible connector of the appropriate length must be used to connect the hardwire box and Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable High Output T5 Light Fixtures.)
- Commercial Grade Metal Hardwire Box: will permit the Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable High Output T5 Light Fixture(s) to be hardwired into a circuit controlled by a wall switch. It has 4 knockouts for electrical connections. (Please remember that a Flexible Connector of the appropriate length must be used to connect the hardwire box and a Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable High Output T5 Light Fixture.)
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Microfluorescent High Output T5 Light Fixtures, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixtures
Stars based on
I would recommend this item to a friend.
very nice and slim lamp
September 28, 2012
Perfect for my living room with 17 ft ceiling. It has got the sleek look that I was looking for.
I with they had a slim power cable with it. Fat cable doesn't go with slim look.
Also it gets very hot. It may be due to the fact that this is 54 watt x 2...
By Nick from Water Mill, NY on April 24, 2013
What are the lumen ratings for the various models?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on April 26, 2013
Answer:Lumen ratings are 2200, 3500, and 5000 lumens, respectively.