Description of Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixtures
A grounded, 3-wire, microfluorescent T5 light fixture with high output lamps, offering 70% more lumens than standard T5 light bulbs, and the added benefit of a 360 degree rotation adjustable light shield. A great fixture for both home and commercial settings - use as backlighting, cabinet lighting, cove lighting, desk lighting, display case lighting, exhibits, merchandising, over cabinet lighting, shelf lights, showcase lighting, task lighting, trade show lighting, and under cabinet lighting.
- 3 Models: click Specifications to see a complete description of model differences
- Adjustable Light Shield: fixtures feature an adjustable light shield that rotates 360° to direct light where you need it
- Solid Construction: fixture frame is constructed of extruded aluminum unlike some T5 fluorescent units that are made of plastic
- Finish: white enamel finish
- Full Fixture Lighting: the end of the T5 lamp is only 0.50in from the end of the fixture unlike some T5 units like this that often have a full 1.50 inches between the end of the lamp and the end of the fixture
- Very Low Profile: only 7/8in wide by 1-7/8in high
- Very Little Heat: gives off very little heat
- Acrylic Diffuser: the acrylic diffuser lamp cover fits securely on the housing of the fixture and distributes light output with the highest efficiency and quality of beam control
- Complete Unit: includes an energy efficient T5 high output fluorescent lamp, power cord, acrylic cover, one direct connector, and stainless steel mounting clips with screws for vertical or horizontal mount.
- T5 High Output Lamps: offers increased light output, up to 70% more lumens than standard T5 lamps
- T5 HO Lamp Included: a T5 (5/8in diameter) high output tri-phosphorous fluorescent lamp with a color temperature of 3000K (warm white), 4100K (cool white), or 6400K (daylight) is included with each Microfluorescent T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixture
- Very Good Lamp Life: rated life is 20,000 hours on average (Lamp is easily replaced.)
(Caution: always be certain that the lamp is seated properly in both of its sockets. Be sure that both pins of each end are inside their respective socket and that the lamp is rotated 90 degrees once the pins are in the sockets. Failure to make good electrical contact between the pins and its socket may result in arcing and excessive heating of the socket.)
- Good Color Rendition: high Color Rendering Index (CRI) of 82+ for all lamps (warm white, cool white, daylight)
- 3 Nominal Lengths: 3 lamp nominal lengths of 22.25in, 36in, and 48in regardless of the color temperature of the lamp
- End of Lamp Life: when a fluorescent light bulb burns out it is always a good idea to turn off the corresponding Microfluorescent fixture. Otherwise, the solid state ballast used inside that fixture can sometimes burn out while trying to start a bad light bulb.
- Quiet Electronic Ballast: built-in lightweight electronic ballast provides instant-on starting with no flickering and cool quiet operation
- Energy Efficient: uses only 24, 39, 54 watts of power/fixture respectively
- Linkable: can be installed as a single unit or as multiple units connected in line with Direct Connectors and/or Flexible Connectors of 6in, 12in, 24in, or 36in. If the distance between two Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Fixtures is greater than 36 inches, then use two or more Flexible Connectors. For example, if the distance between two fixtures is 65 inches, use two 36in Flexible Connectors connected end-to-end.
- Maximum Wattage: linkable up to 10 fixtures with a maximum of 350 watts
- 3-Wire Grounded: 3-wire grounded fixtures like these Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 HO Grounded Light Fixtures are strongly recommended for projects that require grounding - especially commercial installations; on the other hand, 2-wire non-grounded microfluorescent fixtures can be used for residential installations
- Not Dimmable: these fluorescent fixtures are not dimmable
- Easy to Install: easy to install with 2 screw-in clips, then fixture snaps into place
- Electrical Connections: can easily be connected to power by either using the included 6ft power cord or one of 2 Hardwire Boxes. However, these Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixtures cannot be hardwired directly to the fixture; their profile is simply too small. The hardwire boxes can be ordered in the Accessories tab.
- Plastic Hardwire Box with Control Switch: will permit the Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixture(s) to be hardwired and controlled by the rocker switch on the hardwire box. It has 3 knockouts for electrical connections. (Please remember that a flexible connector of the appropriate length must be used to connect the Hardwire Box and Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixture.) The optional Acrylic Hardwire Boxes may be ordered in the Accessories tab.
- Commercial Grade Metal Hardwire Box: will permit the Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixture(s) to be hardwired into a circuit controlled by a wall switch. It has 4 knockouts for electrical connections. (Please remember that a Flexible Connector of the appropriate length must be used to connect the Hardwire Box and a Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixture.) The optional Commercial Hardwire Boxes may be ordered in the Accessories tab.
- Optional Accessories: a variety of connectors (Direct Connectors, 3-Way Direct Connectors, Flexible Connectors, Power Cords, Hardwire Boxes, Mounting Clips, and spare T5 HO light bulbs) may be ordered on the Accessories tab
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixtures, please call us at our toll-free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Specifications for Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixtures
|Wattage of Fixture
|Length of Fixture
|Length of Fixture
|Width of Fixture
|Height of Fixture
(based on cool white lamps)
|Rated Life of Lamp
|Color Rendering Index
|Nominal Length of Lamp
Measurement Guide for Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixtures
When determining how many Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixtures and which size you will need you first have to measure the space where the fixtures will be attached. We recommend that you "fill up" the space with the largest fixture that can fit. For example, for a space that measures 49 inches we recommend that you use the 54W fixture that measures 48.5in long with the power cord, not the 39W fixture that measures 36-5/8in with the power cord.
|Length of Fixture
WITH Power Cord
Adjustable T5 HO
Grounded Light Fixture
|25in - 36in
|37in - 48in
|NOTE: These dimensions assume that the power cord sticks out approximately 2in from
one end of the fixture and that nothing is connected to the other end of the fixture.
Linking the Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixtures
Linked fixtures must NOT exceed 350 watts combined.
Installation of Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixtures
Select the quantity of your Accessories below, then click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of the Accessories tab.
By Pete from Costa Rica on February 27, 2013
I am unclear as to the direct wire-ability of this lamp. Are you saying that it CANNOT be direct wired to dedicated supply wiring and standard on/off light switch?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on February 28, 2013
To hardwire this fixture, you will need a hardwire box and a flexible connector that connects the hardwire box to the fixture. Both items are on the Accessories tab.
The fixture itself cannot accept direct wire because it's too narrow.
By Nicholas Goodwin from Orlando, Fl on August 29, 2012
I want to use this fixture with an HO full spectrum bulb. The fixture would be mounted on a shelf 30" above my desk top. However since this fixture is not being installed onto a wall what should I use as a dimmer? Also I plan on just making it plug into a wall outlet. And will this be a good lighting source for a home desk?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on August 30, 2012
Like must fluorescent light fixtures, this light fixture is NOT dimmable.
It does make a great light source for a desk because it is bright and easy to mount.
Microfluorescent Adjustable T5 High Output Grounded Light Fixtures
Stars based on
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Love This Light - Probably ordering another
October 5, 2012
I just built a desk for myself and this light is perfect. I have it mounted 30 inches above my table top. The adjustable shield is a must for a workstation. Also contrary to what the product page said at the time I bought this light fixture, it DOES have a switch on it. Which is a lot better than not. The low profile looks amazing as well. I'll probably be buying another as light dispersion laterally isn't very much. Customer Service was great as well.
Pros:Style, Profile, High Quality, Shield, Light Output