About our Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 Grounded Light Fixtures
This grounded, 3-wire, microfluorescent T5 light fixture offers two T5 lamps, providing greater light output than our single T5 lights, a low profile design, and a 360 degree rotating light shield. Our microfluorescent fixtures are one of our most popular lighting products because of their versatility - use as backlighting, cabinet lighting, cove lighting, desk lighting, display case lighting, exhibits, merchandising, over cabinet lighting, shelf lights, showcase lighting, task lighting, trade show lighting, and under cabinet lighting.
- 4 Models:
- Adjustable Light Shield: fixtures feature an adjustable light shield that rotates 360° to direct light where you need it
- Solid Construction: fixture frame is constructed of extruded aluminum unlike some T5 fluorescent units that are made of plastic
- White Enamel Finish
- Full Fixture Lighting: the end of the T5 lamp is only 0.50in from the end of the fixture unlike some T5 units like this that often have a full 1.50 inches between the end of the lamp and the end of the fixture
- Very Low Profile: only 3in wide by 1in high
- Very Little Heat: gives off very little heat
- Acrylic Diffuser: the acrylic diffuser lamp cover fits securely on the housing of the fixture and distributes light output with the highest efficiency and quality of beam control
- Complete Unit: includes an energy efficient high output T5 fluorescent lamp, power cord, acrylic cover, one direct connector, and stainless steel mounting clips with screws for vertical or horizontal mount.
- Light Bulbs Included: energy efficient T5 (5/8in diameter) tri-phosphorous fluorescent lamp with a color temperature of 3000K (warm white), 3500K (neutral white), or 4100K (cool white)
- Very Good Lamp Life: rated life is 20,000 hours on average (Lamp is easily replaced.) Caution: always be certain that the lamp is seated properly in both of its sockets. Be sure that both pins of each end are inside their respective socket and that the lamp is rotated 90 degrees once the pins are in the sockets. Failure to make good electrical contact between the pins and its socket may result in arcing and excessive heating of the socket.
- Good Color Rendition: high Color Rendering Index (CRI) of 82+ for all white lamps (warm white, neutral white, cool white)
- Lamp Lengths: 4 nominal lamp lengths of 22.25in, 36.0in, 48.0in, and 60.0in regardless of color temperature or color of lamp
- End of Lamp Life: when a fluorescent light bulb burns out it is always a good idea to turn off the corresponding Microfluorescent fixture. Otherwise, the solid state ballast used inside that fixture can sometimes burn out while trying to start a bad light bulb.
- Quiet Electronic Ballast: built-in lightweight electronic ballast provides instant-on starting with no flickering and cool quiet operation
- Energy Efficient: uses only 28, 42, 56, 70 watts of power/fixture respectively
- Linkable: can be installed as a single unit or as multiple units connected in line with Direct Connectors and/or Flexible Connectors of 6in, 12in, 24in, or 36in. If the distance between two Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 Light Fixtures is greater than 36 inches, then use two or more Flexible Connectors. For example, if the distance between two Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 Light Fixtures is 65 inches, use two 36in Flexible Connectors connected end-to-end.
- Maximum Wattage: linkable up to 10 fixtures with a maximum of 350 watts
- 3-Wire Grounded: 3-wire grounded fixtures like these Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 Grounded Light Fixtures are strongly recommended for projects that require grounding - especially commercial installations; on the other hand, 2-wire non-grounded microfluorescent fixtures can be used for residential installations
- Not Dimmable: these fluorescent fixtures are not dimmable
- Easy to Install: easy to install with 2 screw-in clips, then fixture snaps into place
- Electrical Connections: can easily be connected to power by either the included 6-foot power cord or a choice of two different Hardwire Boxes. However, these Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 Light Fixtures cannot be hardwired directly to the fixture; their profile is simply too small.
- Plastic Hardwire Box with Control Switch: will permit the Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 Light Fixture(s) to be hardwired and controlled by the rocker switch on the hardwire box. It has 3 knockouts for electrical connections. (Please remember that a flexible connector of the appropriate length must be used to connect the hardwire box and Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 Light Fixture.
- Commercial Grade Metal Hardwire Box: will permit the Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 Light Fixture(s) to be hardwired into a circuit controlled by a wall switch. It has 4 knockouts for electrical connections. (Please remember that a Flexible Connector of the appropriate length must be used to connect the hardwire box and a Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 Light Fixture.)
- Optional Accessories: you may order optional accessories separately
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Microfluorescent T5 Light Fixtures, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Specifications & Measurements
When determining how many Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 Light Fixtures and which size you will need for under cabinet lighting you first will have to measure the space where the fixtures will be attached. To do this you should NOT measure the face of the cabinets; you must measure the "cavity" under the cabinet where the fixtures will actually be placed. We recommend that you "fill up" the cavity space with the largest fixture that can fit. For example, for a cavity space that measures 49 inches we recommend that you use the 28W fixture that measures 48.8in long with the power cord, not the 21W fixture that measures 36-5/8in with the power cord.
Fixture WITH Power Cord
Twin Adjustable T5
|24-7/8in - 36in
|37in - 48in
|49in - 60in
|NOTE: These dimensions assume that the power cord sticks out approximately 2in from
one end of the fixture and that nothing is connected to the other end of the fixture.
Measurements of Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 Grounded Light Fixtures
Microfluorescent Twin Adjustable T5 Grounded Light Fixtures
Stars based on
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Best undercabinet option
May 26, 2011
I needed to replace my undercabinet lights, and spent a LONG time looking. If you want BRIGHT lights, these will do the job. We have dark/granite countertops, and we wanted the extra light. I bought the silver colored fixtures, and they do look very nice. Installation was so easy and quick. My wife is very happy with her new undercabinet lights.
Pros:The price for these lights at Pegasus beat all others on the internet. Much smaller in size than I expected - which is GOOD.