About our 300 Watt - 12 Volt - Hardwire - Magnetic Transformer - Multi-tap Terminal - WAC Lighting
This 300-watt low voltage magnetic transformer, backed by a 5-year warranty, will power your 12-volt lighting systems and features a multi-tap voltage terminal board, which compensates for voltage drop associated with long runs.
- Uses: used to power 12-volt lighting systems
- Multi-Tap Voltage Terminal Board: this transformer features a multi-tap voltage terminal board that can be used to compensate for voltage drop associated with long runs. There are four taps: 12V, 13V, 14V, and 15V. Please read the Installation Instructions (PDF) for more information.
- Maximum Load: 300 watts maximum of lighting load. Unlike most magnetic transformers, these transformers can be fully loaded. [Caution: Always attach the load to the transformer before connecting the transformer to power.]
- Minimum Load: 50 watts minimum of lighting load. If this transformer is not powering at least 50 watts, it will not work properly.
- Input: 120 volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 2.5 amps
- Output: 12 volts AC
- Installation: the transformer and all of the hardwired electrical splices (connections) can be conveniently stored in the included metal enclosure
- Metal Enclosure: easy opening case with knockouts for hardwiring splices.
- Power Cord Available: 8-foot power cord with 3-prong plug and cable connector is available for converting this transformer to a plug-in model.
- Case Size: 3.75in(H) x 4.25in(W) x 8.75in(L)
- Dimmable: fully dimmable using a dimmer designed for a magnetic transformer. [Caution: dimmer should always be connected to the input side, 120V side, of a transformer.]
- 5 Year Warranty: this WAC Lighting transformer carries a 5-year warranty
- Short Circuit Protection: yes
- Thermal Shutdown Protection: yes with manual reset circuit breaker
- Easy to Install: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). [Caution: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.]
- Color: black
- UL Listed: UL Listed in the USA and Canada
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 300W 12V AC Magnetic Low Voltage Transformers with Multi-Tap Connectors, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
300 Watt - 12 Volt - Hardwire - Magnetic Transformer - Multi-tap Terminal - WAC Lighting
By TIM from Denver, CO on July 23, 2012
Is this product designed to be placed indoors (a garage) to power landscape lighting? If not this product, do you have a product with 300-watt with multi tap that can be housed inside?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on July 23, 2012
Yes, this transformer can be used to power landscape lighting since you are placing it indoors.
By Whit from Foster City, CA on January 17, 2013
Can this transformer support a low voltage cable lighting systems that use cables suspended between walls to support and power halogen low voltage light fixtures hanging from the cables?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on January 18, 2013
Since this transformer has a multi-tap, allowing it to compensate for voltage drop, I think it should work with a low voltage cable system.
By John from Sheboygan, WI on October 31, 2014
Is there a timer that works with this transformer?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on October 31, 2014
Answer:Yes, a wall timer may be used to control this transformer. Check out our selection here - http://www.pegasuslighting.com/light-switch-timers.html