Description of our 250-Watt 24-Volt Magnetic Low Voltage Transformer with Boost Tap
This 250-watt low voltage magnetic transformer will power your 24-volt halogen or xenon lighting systems. This transformer has a boost tap lead, which can compensate for voltage drop associated with long runs.
- Uses: used to power 24-volt halogen or 24-volt xenon lighting systems
- Maximum Load: 200 watts maximum of lighting load. Like most magnetic transformers, these transformers can be used to power up to about 80% of their wattage rating. [Caution: Always attach the load to the transformer before connecting the transformer to power.]
- Input: 120 volts AC, 60 Hz, 2.1 amps
- Input Leads: one 18 AWG white wire and one 18 AWG black wire
- Output: 23 volts AC
- Output Leads: 12 AWG purple wires [Suggestion: Use a terminal block for each connection in the 24V output circuit and make certain that these connections are very tight and secure. Also, be sure that the gauge of the electrical wire used in the output circuit is not less than 12 AWG.]
- Boost Tap: includes orange boost tap wire, which can be used to compensate for voltage drop between the transformer and the light fixture. To use, simply connect the input wires to the white and orange leads instead of the white and black leads. The boost tap option should be used if the light fixtures are receiving 21 volts or less.
- Installation: the transformer and all of the hardwired electrical splices (connections) can be conveniently stored in the included metal enclosure
- Power Cord Available: 8-foot power cord with 3-prong plug and cable connector is available for converting this transformer to a plug-in model. See Accessories tab to purchase.
- Metal Enclosure: easy opening case with knock-outs for hardwiring. Powder coated textured paint finish.
- Case Size: 5.65in(H) x 2.75in(W) x 2.9in(L)
- Dimmable: fully dimmable using a dimmer designed for a magnetic transformer. [Caution: dimmer should always be connected to the input side, 120V side, of a transformer.]
- Thermal Shutdown Protection: yes with manual reset circuit breaker on the secondary side
- Easy to Install: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). [Caution: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.]
- Color: black
- ETL Listed: ETL Listed in the USA and Canada
- 5 Year Warranty: this transformer carries a 5 year warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 250W 24V AC Magnetic Low Voltage Transformers, please call us at our toll-free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.