Description of Lutron Maestro Dimmers for Magnetic Low Voltage Transformers
Lutron Maestro dimmers are designer light controls with personalized programming options. Preset your desired dimming level, activate a delayed fade-to-off feature that gives you 10-60 seconds to leave the room, or simply adjust the lights manually using an easy-to-operate rocker switch. A "soft glow" LED feature will also enable you to find the dimmer in a dark room. This model controls low voltage xenon or low voltage halogen lighting systems that use magnetic transformers (12 or 24 volts).
- 2 Models: click Specifications and Measurements to see a complete description of model differences
MALV-600: 450 watts, single pole & multi-location
MALV-1000: 800 watts, single pole & multi-location
- Dimming Range: full range dimming that can save energy and extend lamp life
- Poles: dimmer is designed as either a single pole (one control for one lighting system) or a multi-location dimmer switch (two controls for one lighting system).
- Preset: Maestro® models include an on/off switch to save the previous selected lighting level
- Maximum Wattage: depending on the Maestro® dimmer model selected the maximum lamp load wattage that can be controlled is 450 watts or 800 watts. These dimmers can control a magnetic low voltage transformer that is rated at 600 VA or 1000VA respectively.
- Construction: durable nylon construction
- RFI Suppression: advanced radio frequency protection circuitry
- Installation: 2 wrenches; designed to replace standard toggle switches. These dimmers must be mounted in a wall box. Please see the Installation Instructions for details. [Caution: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.]
- Wiring: click Specifications and Measurements to view helpful wiring diagrams for this dimmer
- 7 Designer Gloss Finish Colors: Ivory (IV), White (WH), Almond (AL), Light Almond (LA), Gray (GR), Brown (BR), and Black (BL). (The pricing for all of the colors is identical. However, the lead time for Ivory and White is the shortest; the lead time for all other colors is longer by 3-5 business days.)
- Wallplates: wallplates feature clean appearance with no visible screws. Wallplates for Maestro® dimmers must be ordered separately. You may order wallplates for Maestro® dimmers in the Accessories tab.
- Depth: all Lutron Maestro® dimmers measure 1.44in deep into the wall box
- Availability: PMALV-600-WH has a lead time of 7-10 business days.
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Lutron Maestro® Dimmers for Magnetic Low Voltage Transformers, please call us at our toll-free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Specifications for Lutron Maestro Dimmers for Magnetic Low Voltage Transformers
|Type of Transformer
Lamp Load Wattage
Controlled by Dimmer
||single pole & multi-location
|Slide to Off
||2.94inW x 4.69inH
|Colors in Designer
|Ivory, White, Almond, Lt-Almond, Gray, Brown, Black
|Colors in Architectural
Wiring Diagram for Single-Location Applications
Wiring Diagram for Multi-Location Applications