About our Lutron Maestro Dimmer for Electronic Low Voltage Transformers
Lutron Maestro dimmers are designer light controls with personalized programming options. Preset your desired dimming level, activate a delayed fade-to-off feature that gives you 10-60 seconds to leave the room, or simply adjust the lights manually using an easy-to-operate rocker switch. A "soft glow" LED feature will also enable you to find the dimmer in a dark room. This product controls low voltage xenon or low voltage halogen lighting systems that use electronic transformers (12 or 24 volts).
- Dimming Range: full range dimming that can save energy and extend lamp life
- Poles: dimmer is designed as either a single pole (one control for one lighting system) or a multi-location dimmer switch (two controls for one lighting system).
- Preset: Maestro® models include an on/off switch to save the previous selected lighting level
- Maximum Wattage: maximum wattage that can be controlled is 600 watts
- Construction: durable nylon construction
- RFI Suppression: advanced radio frequency protection circuitry
- Installation: designed to replace standard toggle switches. These dimmers must be mounted in a wall box. Please see the Installation Instructions for details. [Caution: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.]
- 7 Designer Gloss Finish Colors: Ivory (IV), White (WH), Almond (AL), Light Almond (LA), Gray (GR), Brown (BR), and Black (BL). (The pricing for all of the colors is identical. However, the lead time for Ivory and White is the shortest; the lead time for all other colors is longer by 3-5 business days.)
- Wallplate NOT Included: does NOT include a wallplate. Compatible with Lutron Claro style wallplates.
- Depth: all Lutron Maestro® dimmers measure 1.44in deep into the wall box
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Lutron Maestro Dimmer for Electronic Low Voltage Transformers, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Specifications & Measurements
|MAESTRO DIMMER MODEL #
|Type of Transformer Used With
Controlled by Dimmer
||single pole & multi-location
|Slide to Off
||2.94inW x 4.69inH
|Colors in Designer
|Ivory, White, Almond, Lt-Almond, Gray, Brown, Black
|Colors in Architectural
Wiring diagram for model MAELV-600
Lutron Maestro Dimmer for Electronic Low Voltage Transformers
By Manfred Heiss from Naples, FL on May 1, 2015
Can this product be used with the following LED bi-pin bulb:
Generation Brands, BRILLIANT MR16, GU5.3, 8.0W, 12V, 3000K, 80CRI
If not, what other Lutron Maestro Product would you recommend?
By Chris from Pegasus Lighting on May 5, 2015
Unfortunately, we are not familiar with that specific LED light bulb. Thus, I am not able to state for 100% accuracy what specific dimmer to use. In addition, this specific dimmer is for low voltage lighting systems with an electronic transformer.
Lutron has a line of Maestro dimmers specifically for CFL and LED lighting. You can find them at http://www.pegasuslighting.com/maestro-c-l-dimmer-line-voltage.html. This might be a better choice for your specific LED light bulb, but again I cannot say for 100% certainty.
I would suggest that you contact the manufacturer of the MR16 LED lamp to see if they have a list of compatible dimmers that they have tested.
By Char from Southgate, MI on March 30, 2013
Can the remote be used through the ceiling, around 50 feet, for recessed lighting?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on April 1, 2013
Answer:Char, this dimmer is not remote controlled, so no, a remote cannot be used to control through the ceiling.