About our Lutron Maestro Vacancy Sensor Switch, Multi-Location
Turn lights off automatically in a small unoccupied room with this vacancy switch from Lutron. The Maestro vacancy sensor controls most light sources, including LED, halogen, and CFLs, and can control a ceiling fan. This vacancy sensor features advanced sensing technology to detect fine motions, such as reading a book, to eliminate false shut-offs.
- Uses: perfect for small rooms like laundry room, bathroom, nursery, kitchen, kid's playroom, storage room - 900 square foot coverage or less. Ideal for rooms where lights are often left on accidentally, such a child's room, or rooms where you often enter with your hands full, such as a laundry room or a storage room.
- 4 Attractive Finishes: White (Model # MS-VPS5M-WH), Ivory (Model # MS-VPS5M-IV), Almond (Model # MS-VPS5M-AL), and Light Almond (Model # MS-VPS5M-LA)
- Vacancy Sensor Only: sensor will act only as a vacancy sensor
- Vacancy Mode: lights must be turned on manually when you enter a room but they turn off automatically when you leave
- Light Sources Controlled: incandescent, halogen, xenon, electronic low voltage, magnetic low voltage, compact fluorescents (CFLs), LEDs, magnetic or electronic ballasts, 3-amp fan
- Ambient Light Detection: lights turn on only when there's not enough daylight in the space
- Advanced Sensing Technology: uses a proprietary XCT reliable sensing technology, which detects fine motion, eliminating false shut-offs
- Savings: average savings in energy costs is $10/yr. Savings could be as much as $25/yr (assuming 240 watts, an electricity rate of $0.11/kWh, and a 54% reduction in energy usage). Actual savings will vary with usage, application, and electricity rates.
- Adjustable Time Delay: will turn off lights after 1 to 30 minutes depending on how the time delay is set
- Technology: passive Infrared (PIR) technology detects human movement in room
- Adjustable Sensitivity Settings: sensitivity can vary from a low of "1" (used to avoid false alerts in smaller rooms or near a doorway or near a heat source) to a high of "2" (used in larger rooms)
- Motion Detection Area: detects major motion up to 30 feet away and minor motion up to 20 feet away
- Wallplate NOT Included: does NOT include a wallplate. Compatible with Lutron Claro style wallplates.
- Coverage Area: 180 degrees, 900 square feet
- Dimensions: 4.69in(H) x 2.94in(W) x 0.3in(L)
- Quick Installation: does not require a neutral wire - perfect for retrofit applications
- Easy to Install: designed to be mounted in a standard wall box. Please see the Installation Instructions (PDF) for details. [Caution: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.]
- Wattage Controlled: 0 - 600 watts
- Input Voltage: 120 volts
- Maximum Input Current: 5 amps
- # of Poles: may be used for multi-location or 3-way or single-pole switch installations
- Indoor Use Only
- CA Title 24: meets California Title 24 requirements
- UL Listed in the USA & Canada
- Warranty: 5-year limited warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Lutron Maestro Vacancy Sensor Switches, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Lutron Maestro Vacancy Sensor Switch, Multi-Location