About our Lutron Maestro Occupancy-Vacancy Sensor Switch, Single-Pole
This occupancy-vacancy switch from Lutron uses passive infrared technology to detect body heat for lighting control. It easily replaces a standard wall switch and is available in a variety of finishes to fit any room decor. The sensor detects motion 180 degrees and up to 30 feet away, and is designed for rooms up to 900 square feet.
- Uses: perfect for small rooms like laundry room, bathroom, nursery, kitchen, kid's playroom, storage room - 900 square foot coverage or less. Ideal for rooms where lights are often left on accidentally, such a child's room, or rooms where you often enter with your hands full, such as a laundry room or a storage room.
- 4 Attractive Finishes: White (Model # MS-OPS2-WH), Ivory (Model # MS-OPS2-IV), Almond (Model # MS-OPS2-AL), and Light Almond (Model # MS-OPS-LA)
- Dual Sensor: sensor may act as either an occupancy sensor or as a vacancy sensor
In the sensor mode the sensor will automatically turn lights on when you enter a room and turn them off when you leave
In the vacancy mode lights must be turned on manually when you enter a room but they turn off automatically when you leave
- Light Sources Controlled: incandescent, halogen, xenon, electronic low voltage, magnetic low voltage, compact fluorescents (CFLs), LEDs, magnetic or electronic ballasts
- Ambient Light Detection: lights turn on only when there's not enough daylight in the space
- Advanced Sensing Technology: uses a proprietary XCT reliable sensing technology, which detects fine motion, eliminating false shut-offs
- Savings: average savings in energy costs is $10/yr. Savings could be as much as $25/yr (assuming 240 watts, an electricity rate of $0.11/kWh, and a 54% reduction in energy usage). Actual savings will vary with usage, application, and electricity rates.
- Adjustable Time Delay: will turn off lights after 1 to 30 minutes depending on how the time delay is set
- Technology: passive Infrared (PIR) technology detects human movement in room
- Adjustable Sensitivity Settings: sensitivity can vary from a low of "1" (used to avoid false alerts in smaller rooms or near a doorway or near a heat source&41; to a high of "2" (used in larger rooms)
- Motion Detection Area: detects major motion up to 30 feet away and minor motion up to 20 feet away
- Wallplate NOT Included: does NOT include a wallplate. Compatible with Lutron Claro style wallplates.
- Coverage Area: 180 degrees, 900 square feet
- Dimensions: 4.69in(H) x 2.94in(W) x 0.3in(L)
- Quick Installation: does not require a neutral wire - perfect for retrofit applications
- Easy to Install: designed to be mounted in a standard wall box. Please see the Installation Instructions (PDF) for details. [Caution: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.]
- Wattage Controlled: 0 - 250 watts
- Input Voltage: 120 volts
- Maximum Input Current: 2 amps
- Single-pole Switch Installations Only
- Indoor Use Only
- CA Title 24: meets California Title 24 requirements
- UL Listed in the USA & Canada
- Warranty: 5-year limited warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Lutron Maestro Occupancy-Vacancy Sensor Switches, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Lutron Maestro Occupancy-Vacancy Sensor Switch, Single-Pole