About our Lutron Maestro Occupancy-Vacancy Sensor C-L Dimmer, Multi-Location
This switch combines a dimmer with an occupancy-vacancy sensor for added versatility and energy-savings. The dimmer may be set to turn lights on at various light levels or locked to a pre-set level. Additional settings are available to fade the lights off. This occupancy-vacancy sensor from Lutron carries a 5-year warranty and is UL listed.
- Uses: perfect for small rooms like laundry room, bathroom, nursery, kitchen, kid's playroom, storage room - 900 square foot coverage or less. Ideal for rooms where lights are often left on accidentally, such a child's room, or rooms where you often enter with your hands full, such as a laundry room or a storage room.
- 4 Attractive Finishes: White (Model # MSCL-OP153M-WH), Ivory (Model # MSCL-OP153M-IV), Almond (Model # MSCL-OP153M-AL), and Light Almond (Model # MSCL-OP153M-LA)
- Dual Sensor: sensor may act as either an occupancy sensor or as a vacancy sensor
In the occupancy mode the sensor will automatically turn lights on when you enter a room and turn them off when you leave
In the vacancy mode lights must be turned on manually when you enter a room but they turn off automatically when you leave
- Dimmer: while the lights are on they may be dimmed, providing even more energy savings
- Light Sources Controlled: 150 watts of CFLs or LEDs or 600 watts of incandescent, halogen, or xenon
- Ambient Light Detection: lights turn on only when there’s not enough daylight in the space
- Advanced Sensing Technology: uses a proprietary XCT reliable sensing technology, which detects fine motion, eliminating false shut-offs
- Savings: average savings in energy costs is $10/yr. Savings could be as much as $25/yr (assuming 240 watts, an electricity rate of $0.11/kWh, and a 54% reduction in energy usage). Actual savings will vary with usage, application, and electricity rates.
- Adjustable Time Delay: will turn off lights after 1 to 30 minutes depending on how the time delay is set
- Technology: passive Infrared (PIR) technology detects human movement in room
- Adjustable Sensitivity Settings: sensitivity can vary from a low of "1" (used to avoid false alerts in smaller rooms or near a doorway or near a heat source) to a high of "2" (used in larger rooms)
- Motion Detection Area: detects major motion up to 30 feet away and minor motion up to 20 feet away
- Adjustable Light Level Settings: may be set to turn lights on at 100%, 50%, the last light level, or locked to a pre-set light level
- Off Warning: fades lights to off over a period of 10 seconds
- Wallplate NOT Included: does NOT include a wallplate. Compatible with Lutron Claro style wallplates.
- Coverage Area: 180 degrees, 900 square feet
- Dimensions: 4-11/16in(H) x 2-15/16in(W) x 1-1/8in(L)
- Quick Installation: does not require a neutral wire - perfect for retrofit applications
- Easy to Install: designed to be mounted in a standard wall box. Please see the Installation Instructions (PDF) for details. [Caution: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.]
- Wattage Controlled: 0 - 600 watts
- Input Voltage: 120 volts
- Maximum Input Current: varies with type of light source
- # of Poles: may be used for multi-location or 3-way or single-pole dimmer installations
- Indoor Use Only
- CA Title 24: meets California Title 24 requirements
- UL Listed in the USA & Canada
- Warranty: 5-year limited warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Lutron Maestro Occupancy-Vacancy Sensors, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Lutron Maestro Occupancy-Vacancy Sensor C-L Dimmer, Multi-Location
Stars based on
I would recommend this item to a friend.
February 7, 2014
Very pleased with this dimmer/motion switch. Has several additional options to tweak it to your personal situation.
By Mike from NY on February 18, 2015
Is wall plate included?
By Chris from Pegasus Lighting on February 18, 2015
As it states in our product description, a wallplate is not included. It is compatible with the Lutron Claro wallplates purchased separately.