- Lighting Research Center – www.lrc.rpi.edu
of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, the Lighting Research Center is the leading
university-based research center devoted to lighting. They investigate lighting
issues and educate the next generation of lighting leaders.
- Electric Power Research Institute – www.epri.com
- The EPRI conducts research, development and demonstration relating to the generation, delivery and use of electricity for the benefit of the public.
- Lighting Systems Research Group – lighting.lbl.gov/
Lighting Systems Research Group researches and develops fixtures, controls, and
software that employ and promote energy efficient lighting. The group is primarily
funded by the U.S. Department of Energy, although some funding is provided by
industry for specific projects. The Lighting Research Group is part of the Building
Technologies Department of the Environmental Energy Technologies Division at
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- NoUVIR Research - www.nouvir.com
(rhymes with "new year") is the leading researcher and manufacturer
of museum fiber optic lighting systems and microenvironmental protection systems,
protected by 20 US patents. NoUVIR stands for "No UV or IR" lighting
systems which is the promise the company made over ten years ago to museum curators.
- CA Title 24 Residential Lighting Energy Efficiency Standards, The California Energy Commission, 2008 - http://www.energy.ca.gov/title24/2008standards/