Description of LED Under Cabinet Task Light with 28 LEDs
This award-winning LED under cabinet task light uses just 5 watts of power to operate - yet it delivers an impressive light output equivalent to that of three 20W line voltage halogen light bulbs. Perfect for kitchen under cabinet task lighting, work stations in offices, hospitals, and laboratories, certain types of display cases and showcases, shelf lighting, exhibits, merchandising, and bars.
Embed this video on your site
- Award Winner: Lighting for Tomorrow, an independent lighting fixture competition, named this LED Under Cabinet Task Light as one of its winners for the 2006 Lighting Fixture Design Competition in the Solid State Lighting Category. Fixtures were evaluated on the basis of attractiveness, value, innovation, and functionality.
- Finish: Oil-rubbed bronze (PDDU-28LED-RB)
- Very Low Profile: only 0.75in deep
- Dimensions: 9.5in(L) x 6.25in(W) x 0.75in(D)
- Extended Width: extended fixture width allows a wide, even light distribution
- Lightweight Construction: durable ABS housing with frosted diffuser
- Easy to Install: use 2 screws or double-sided tape (both included)
- Spec Sheet: click LED Task Light w28 LEDs or the Specifications & Measurements tab to learn more
- 28 LEDs: 28 individual LEDs provide wide even light distribution with low glare on lit surface
- Neutral White Light: this task light has a neutral white (3500K) color temperature
- Good Light Output: light output equivalent to one 13W T5 fluorescent light bulb or three 20W line voltage halogen light bulbs
- Very Good Rated Life: rated life of LEDs is 50,000+ hours on average
- Cool Operation: gives off very little heat
- Very Energy-Efficient: uses only 5 watts of power
- Three Position Switch: this LED under cabinet task light is not dimmable but it does have a three position (hi/lo/off) illuminated push button switch for full or half light output
- Switching: when these LED under cabinet task lights are linked together, an individual fixture may be adjusted by the hi/lo/off fixture switch without affecting the other fixtures. Additionally, if multiple fixtures are hardwired to power using the hardwire box, then they may be controlled by a single wall switch as long as the three position switch on each fixture is left in the “hi” or “lo” position.
- No Transformer Needed: no remote power supply needed; plugs directly into 120-volt outlet
- Cord & Plug Included: a 4.5ft power cord with a polarized plug is included for plug-in installations
- Optional Hardwire Box: hardwire installations require an optional Hardwire Box which can be ordered on the Accessories tab
- Optional 24in Flexible Connector: a 24in white Flexible Connector is available for connecting 2 LED Task Lights together or for connecting an LED task light to the optional Hardwire Box, which can be ordered on the Accessories tab
- Linkable: connect up to 20 fixtures with Direct Connectors or with 12in or 24in Flexible Connectors (One Direct Connector and one 12in Flexible Connector are included with each fixture.)
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of LED Under Cabinet Task Lights w/28 LEDs, please call us at our toll-free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Specifications for LED Under Cabinet Task Light with 28 LEDs
This undercabinet diode unit features 28 quarter (.25W) watt leds that can be adjusted with push button switch to full or half power.
High gloss ABS injection molded plastic housing. Frosted ABS injection molded diffuser. 28Diode .25 watt white LEDs. Unit can be adhesive or screw mounted. Has 3-position switch for full or half light output. Uses proprietary power connectors.
Oil-rubbed bronze housing with clear frosted diffuser.
Diffuser is 1/8" thick ABS material. Frosted texture on surface, clear over LEDs.
Circuit board contains 28 .25 watt white LEDs 3500K, 60° beam spread
One .25 watt blue LED for switch backlight
LED AC/DC converter integrated PC board
Must use proprietary power connectors
3-position push switch
20 Units (145W) Maximum to Interconnect
Fixture complies with U.L. 153
UL listed for dry locations.
120volt, ±10%, 60Hz A.C.
60" 18ga SPT-2 Power cable with connector (Included)
12" Interconnect Cable (Included)
Two #6 screws for mounting to metal or wood (Included)
Four 1" sq adhesive pad for mounting to painted surfaces (Included)
Hardwire Box - 120V In-Line Power (Not Included)
Model No. PXNHB Series
Select the quantity of your Accessories below, then click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of the Accessories tab.
By Nathan from Toledo, OH on March 15, 2013
Is there a different diffuser cover for a backlighting display configuration where even light distribution is preferred over pointed lighting?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on March 15, 2013
No, I'm sorry there is not a diffuser cover available for this item.
LED Under Cabinet Task Light with 28 LEDs
Stars based on
Manchester, New Hampshire
I would recommend this item to a friend.
April 14, 2011
It is nice, light, slim for factor. I am using it as a desk light for my childrens' desks. They seem to provide enough light to illuminate the desktop, even under dimmed condition. Lifetime and reliability is still to be determined. The CCT seems cooler than 3000K. If my children want to get into graphics and art I will need to get a better CRI lamp.
Pros:size is nice
weight is low
dimmed ( 2 settings only) is good
easy to turn on and dim (push button)
Cons:case is all plastic - need to be careful during installation
CCT is a little too "cool"
seeing the discrete LEDs is not pleasant - uniformity is better.
Why not to buy.
March 24, 2011
Not much light. 20 watts max maybe. Cheap looking plastic bronze colored housing. 28 LED'S? 3 LED white metal light strip at Lowes has more brightness for $45. Pegasus Lighting bronze plastic was $89. Not impressed to say the least.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Very thin fixture with no glare even when mounted above eye level.
December 1, 2010
The LEDs seem to direct the light down so there is no glare when viewing from the side or slightly below. We will see how long the lamps last since they cannot be replaced.