About our LED Straight Edge Strip Light
The LED Straight Edge Versatile Mount Linear Strip Lights provide excellent bright light that enhances the ambiance in any space. This energy-efficient LED strip light provides non-UV lighting, perfect for retail applications, under cabinet lighting, cove and display applications. This dimmable strip light has four mounting options, allowing for highly customized layouts and designs.
- Attractive Finish: abrasion resistant white powder coat finish
- Heat Control: LED technology eliminates forward heat from the fixture
- Very Low Profile: only 0.5in thick and 7/8in wide.
- Polycarbonate Lens: provides even light distribution the length of the fixture and ensures that the area below is uniformly lit and does not have "hot spots" of well-lit areas separated by dark areas
- Accessories Included: each fixture includes two flat and two 45 degree angle mounting clips, one "I" connector for linking fixtures end-to-end, and two mounting screws
- Bright LEDs
- 2 Color Temperatures: available in either 2700K (warm white) or 4500K (cool white) color temperature for each length
- Good Color Rendering: 85 CRI for the 2700K (warm white) fixture; 82 CRI for the 4500K (cool white) fixture
- Excellent Rated Life: 50,000 hours of rated life on average
- Beam Spread: 120 degrees
- Linkable: there are 3 ways to connect (link) these lights together electrically.
1) End-to-End - They can be connected end-to-end directly to each other using the included "I" connector. This method allows 2 strip lights to be touching each other at the point of connection.
2) Joiner Cables - They can be linked using Joiner Cables. This method allows 2 strip lights to be connected across a distance of about 3ft or less. Note that custom cable extenders may be used to create linking cables longer than 3ft.
3) Splitter Cables - X or Y splitters can be used to link multiple light fixtures.
- Dimmable: yes, with dimmable transformer and electronic low voltage dimmers. Use of other types of dimmers may cause an unacceptable audible hum.
- Easy to Install: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). [Caution: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.]
- Versatile Mounting: 4 mounting options to choose from:
1) Flat Mounting Clips - 2 clips are included with each strip light. Mounts Straight Edge flat to a surface
2) 45 Degree Angle Mounting Clip - 2 clips are included with each strip light. Mounts Straight Edge in corners.
3) Adjustable Angle Mounting Clip - sold separately. Mounts Straight Edge to a surface and allows for the fixture to pivot.
4) Magnetic Tape - sold separately. Mounts Straight Edge to a metal surface.
- Installation Video: view this video from the manufacturer, WAC Lighting, for installation tips and more information on optional accessories
REQUIRED 24V TRANSFORMER
One 24-volt electronic transformer is required for each continuous run. Compatible hardwire and plug-in transformers are available. Be sure to select a transformer whose wattage rating is equal to or slightly greater than the total wattage of the run being powered.
- Calculating Total Wattage of Run: to determine the transformer you need, calculate the total wattage rating of your run by adding the total wattage of the system you intend to power. For example, for a run of (3) 7.25in Straight Edge Lights and (3) 13.25in Straight Edge Lights, you will need a transformer rated for at least 24 watts. (3 7.25in Straight Edge Fixtures x 3W/Fixture + 3 13.25in Straight Edge Fixtures x 5W/Fixture = 24W)
- Plug-In: choose from 60- or 96-watt models
- Hardwire: for 120V applications, choose from 60- or 96-watt models. For 277-volt applications, a 100-watt transformer is available.
All of these Accessories are ordered separately.
- Joiner Cable: available in 4 lengths: 6in, 12in, 24in, and 36in. This joiner cable can be used to electrically link 2 fixtures together across a short distance or around corners. Each end has a male connector. To create a custom joiner cable longer than 36in, you will also need custom cable extender(s).
- Custom Cable Extender: connects two joiner cables to create custom lengths. This cable extender has two female ends.
- Splitter Cable: allows an easily customizable design layout. Available in either a 3-way "Y" connector with three male connectors, or a 4-way "X" connector with four male connectors. Splitter cables can connect to joiner cables with use of a custom cable extender.
- Adjustable Angle Mounting Clips: used to mount Straight Edge light fixtures. Allows fixture to be easily aimed while securely mounted for optimal task lighting performance and flexibility. Each package includes two metal clips.
- 3-Foot Magnetic Tape: easily mount Straight Edge light fixtures to any magnetic surface. This tape has a magnetic strip on one side and a peel and stick surface on the other side. It is easily cut to length in the field.
- Wire Clips: used to tack power cords or joiner cables neatly to a surface. Each pack consists of 10 clips.
- Multiple Terminal Block: easily wire multiple output connections for a neat installation without the use of open splices. This terminal block has one power supply input and either 6 or 8 outputs.
- Wiring Box with Switch: allows for an aesthetically pleasing installation by eliminating visible wire when spanning a large gap in a system layout. Includes an optional on/off switch to control power to light fixtures when a wall switch is not available.
- 12-Foot Extension Cable: extends the distance between the power supply or the wiring box to a Straight Edge fixture. Note this accessory is required when using the 277-Volt transformer.
- Recommended Lutron Dimmers: for optimal dimming performance
- WAC Lighting
- UL Listed for Damp Locations
- 5-Year Warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of LED Straight Edge Versatile Mount Linear Strip Lights, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
LED Straight Edge Strip Light
Stars based on
New York, NY
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Nice lights, a little pricey
February 16, 2014
I've had this lighting system installed under my cabinets for about a month. The lights are great. They are bright, carry a low profile and work as described. I have not attached them to a dimmer so I cannot comment on that aspect but overall I am very happy. My only complaint is that they are expensive. Only time will tell if I got what I paid for.
Pros:Bright, low profile, many options.
By Michelle from Washington, DC on September 8, 2014
Are the bulbs replaceable?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on September 8, 2014
It does not have bulbs so no. This light strip uses integrated LEDs.
By John from Fulshear, Texas on September 17, 2014
Does the dimmer go on the 120V or 24V side of the transformer? Will any of the Lutron electronic dimmers work?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on September 17, 2014
It goes on the 120V side of the transformer.
I would specifically recommend the Lutron Skylark electronic low voltage dimmer. It tends to work best with LED lights because it's the simplest of the Lutron dimmers.
By Idonna from Camano Island, WA on July 22, 2014
Would this work to light a painting that's in the middle of a wall of book shelves? The painting is 53 inches wide and 38 inches tall. We could mount the strip on the outer edge of the shelf above it and want it to be both hard wired and dimmable.
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on July 23, 2014
Answer:Idonna, yes I think you could use it for this application. It's super low profile so it will be easily hidden and you can hardwire it and dim it.
By Michael from Washington, DC on May 31, 2013
Would this kind of lighting be appropriate (provide enough light) for a walk-in closet? If so, which wattage would be best?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on May 31, 2013
Yes, it would work well for closet application. I would suggest picking the longest length that fills up the space you are wanting to illuminate. That way you have even lighting.
By Luis from Eugene, Oregon on October 29, 2014
Can this product be hardwired to a wall switch?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on October 29, 2014
Answer:Absolutely! You will need to use one of the hardwire transformers.
By Kathy from Florida on August 10, 2014
If I am only using one 25.25 light, do I need a transformer? I'm hardwiring this for an under cabinet light.
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on August 11, 2014
Answer:Yes. A transformer is required for these light fixtures no matter the length of your run.