About our LED 2.9-Watt High Brightness Puck Light Kits
Light your countertops or display items with warm white light from these LED high brightness puck lights. They are easy to install and come in complete kits that even include a dimmer. Each light uses only 2.9 watts of power compared to 20-watt incandescent. These puck lights carry the Lighting Facts label, ensuring reliable performance.
- Complete Kits: we bundle the required components together for discount pricing. The complete kits include
(1-6) LED High Brightness Puck Lights
(1) Plug-In Driver with the appropriate wattage rating
(1) 3- or 6-Port Connection Hub for connecting multiple fixtures to the driver
(1) Inline Rotary Dimmer
- 3 Attractive Finishes: black (BK), nickel (NK), or white (WH)
- Versatile Mounting: may be either surface mounted or recessed mounted
- Housing Dimensions: when surface mounted its dimensions are 2-15/16in diameter x 7/8in thick; when recessed mounted its dimensions are 2-15/16in diameter x 1/8in thick.
- Cutout: 2-5/8in hole size for recessed mounting
- Construction: heavy-duty, hard durable plastic
- Lead Wire: 60-inch lead wires
- 5630 LEDs
- Wattage: only 2.9 watts each
- Voltage: 15 volts
- Warm White Light: color temperature of 3000K, warm white
- Bright Light Output: 125 lumens per puck
- Good Color Rendering: CRI of 78-82
- Long Life: 30,000 hours of rated life on average
- No Harmful UV Radiation: emits no UV radiation. [Caution: UV radiation from a halogen or fluorescent source can cause color change and surface deterioration over time.]
- Dimmable: yes, down to 10% using inline rotary dimmer included with each kit
INCLUDED PLUG-IN DRIVERS
- 6-Foot Power Cord: driver has 6-foot cord and 5-foot lead wires to connection hub
- Input: 120 volts AC
- Output: 15 volts, 140mA
- Inline Rotary Dimmer Included: dims lights down to 10%. Dimmer has 58-inch lead wires to connection hub.
- 3- or 6-Port Connection Hub Included: allows multiple puck lights to connect to driver
- Easy to Install: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Recessed Mount Installation: these pucks should only be recessed mounted when top of cabinet is not enclosed
- Lighting Facts Label: yes, carries a Lighting Facts Label
- UL Listed in the USA & Canada
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of LED High Brightness Puck Lights, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Specifications & Measurements
LED 2.9-Watt High Brightness Puck Light Kits
Stars based on
I would recommend this item to a friend.
These lights are PERFECT for our entertainment center
March 9, 2013
So easy to install, which other styles are not. I know, we returned two sets to Lowes. These have no exposed wires for a clean professional look. The lights go from very bright down to romantically dim. No heat with these lights, unlike halogen. They arrived quickly, and the directions to install were absolutely clear. We will definitely purchase these again for our next project.
Pros:No wires are exposed. Perfect for under cabinet kitchen lighting, china cabinet or entertainment center. Easy to install.
June 2, 2013
Just installed my two light puck kit today. Dimmer unit has a short in it somewhere. Touch the dimmer dial, or the wires leading to the dimmer switch, and the lights flicker, or grow dim, or just go dark. Moral to the story...do not install until you have tested these units, including moving the dimmer unit/wires while dialing the dimmer up and down.
I am calling Customer Service tomorrow to see if I can get a replacement expedited.
The lights themselves appear to be fine.
Merchant Response:The dimmer was indeed defective and a replacement dimmer was sent to the customer.
In addition, the manufacturer has since fixed the overriding issue that was occurring.
By Tom from Florida on February 21, 2013
How does the light attach to the surface in the surface mount configuration?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on February 22, 2013
There is a surface mount ring that you secure to the surface with mounting holes. The installation instructions have step by step instructions.
By Tom from Kansas City, Mo on October 24, 2013
If I used these lights the power supply would plug into an outlet that has a dimmer switch controlling it. Would this work as a dimmer in lieu of the inline dimmer provided with the light kit?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on October 24, 2013
No, I'm sorry it would not work properly. The in-line dimmer works on the output side of the driver whereas your dimmer would be in the input side.
By John from Findlay, Ohio on March 3, 2013
I have an open shelved cabinet that will need 8 pucks total. I would like to connect all 8 together and will this present any problems? How many can you connect together?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on March 4, 2013
The max pucks that can connect to one power supply is 6. You cannot connect 8 together. Instead, you would need to use two power supplies.
By Will Edmonds from Mobile, Alabama on June 27, 2013
Can I extend the lead wire to one of the puck lights for the LED 2.9 watt High Brightness puck lights kits? I need a total of 4 lights. I have one cabinet that will need about 12 feet of additional length to make to the housing box beyond what is already connected to the puck light. I've looked on the website but I can't find an extension.
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on June 28, 2013
I'm sorry - No, there is not an extension available for these puck lights.
By George from Oak Park, MI on March 4, 2013
Is the dimmer also the on/off switch?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on March 4, 2013
Answer:Yes, the dimmer controls on/off.
By Rachel from DC on April 11, 2013
Can this item be hard wired?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on April 11, 2013
Answer:No, this item is only available with a plug-in driver.
By Ron Fortner from Sunset Harbor, North Carolina on February 19, 2013
I'm building curio cabinets for my grand daughters. The top is 3/4 inch oak plywood. Will the PLVP-4KIT-BK assembly work in this situation? My concern is will the fixture stay in the mounting hole (3/4 inch plywood). Is the mounting surface thickness an issue? Also, I will build a false top to cover the outside of the fixtures and wiring. Is heat an issue in this area? Thank you for your help.
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on February 19, 2013
The manufacturer does not recommend recessed mounting in cabinets with a closed top because of heat concerns.
In terms of the thickness of your wood, the fixtures are 7/8-inches thick, so they will stick out a bit. Other than that, they should install OK.