About our LED Low Voltage Cable Light Strip with Fixed-Position Lampholders
Choose LED light strip for energy-efficient accent or indirect lighting around your home or business. The LED festoon lamps are available in two color temperatures, two brightness levels, and several colors. They use only 1.5 watts each and add creative lighting in niches, coves, display cases, or cabinets. Our LED light strip has a variety of options and accessories to fit all of your installation needs.
- Choice of 2 Lamp Spacings: available with either 3 sockets per foot (model number PNDSC-LED-4) or 4 sockets per foot (PNDSC-LED-3). Light Strip with 3 sockets per foot have lamp socket spacing of 4 inches on center, and 4 sockets per foot have lamp socket spacing of 3 inches on center.
- LED Festoon Lamp Sockets: they are pre-attached, fixed in their respective positions, and are designed for easy snap-in lamp replacement.
- Low Profile Dimensions: cross-sectional dimensions of only 3/4 inches wide by 15/16 inches high (including the festoon lamp in its socket). When installed in the included Mounting Channel, the total width is 7/8 inches while the total height is 1 inch.
- Electrical Connections: parallel wiring is used so that the loss of one lamp will not affect the rest of the lamps.
- Rated for 30 Amps: the Light Strip is dual 10-gauge stranded cable that is rated for 30 amps. However, it should never carry more than 25 amps (according to the National Electric Code), which is a maximum of 300 watts of lighting load (light bulbs) at 12 volts.
- Custom Lengths: can be ordered in any length that is measured to the nearest whole foot (e.g., 9 feet, 16 feet, 23 feet, etc.). It is not sold in fractions of a foot; however, it may be cut "in the field" to suit your needs. If your lighting project is large, we recommend purchasing a couple of extra feet.
- Light Strip: ordered by the foot
- LED Festoon Light Bulbs: choose from a variety of color temperatures and colors.
Our LED festoons emit 50 lumens for the warm white model and 60 lumens for the cool white model.
- MR11 LED Light Bulbs : if you will be using Light Strip in a display case or showcase, we recommend using MR11 LED lamps along with LED festoon lamps. You will need MR11 lamp sockets for this type of installation.
Our 2.2-Watt Narrow Flood LED MR11 emits 110 lumens.
Our 2.2-Watt Flood LED MR11 emits 110 lumens for the warm white model and 150 lumens for the soft daylight model.
- Adhesive Pads: use 3M double-sided Adhesive Pads when installing the Light Strip on glass or a smooth metal surface.
- Mounting Clips: used when the Light Strip needs to be held firmly in place, for example, when making a 90-degree turn in direction.
- Mounting Channel: this is a clear plastic U-shaped channel 7/8 inches wide and 3/8 inches in diameter. When installing Light Strip, first attach the mounting channel to your desired location with included screws and then snap the Light Strip into the channel.
- Terminal Blocks: provides a good, tight electrical connection of four electrical wires. One of these Terminal Blocks should be used to connect the end of the Light Strip to a household wire (25-amp rated) that provides power from a low voltage driver. Another Terminal Block should be used to connect the household wire to the driver. Terminal Blocks are strongly recommended over wire nuts for low voltage lighting installations.
- End Caps: used to "cap off" the "exposed" end of Light Strip that is not connected to any electrical components. The End Cap measurements are 1/2in high x 7/8in wide x 1-3/16in long. This component is too wide to snap into the Mounting Channel.
- Connecting Wire: this wire, sold in 1-foot increments, may be used to connect two pieces Light Strip. This wire is rated for 30 amps of current but should not be used behind walls; instead, non-metallic sheathed electrical cable (sometimes called ROMEX® wire) with an amperage of 30 amps should be used behind walls.
- Electronic Driver: a 12V constant voltage electronic hardwire driver is required for each run of LED light strip.
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of LED Low Voltage Light Strip, please call us at our toll-free number, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
LED Low Voltage Cable Light Strip with Fixed-Position Lampholders
By Dave Premenko from Pacifica, CA on August 24, 2013
Need lighting for inside a cabinet. Want to plug cord into an existing 110 outlet. How wide are the lights? Is a transformer required? How long is the cord?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on August 25, 2013
Here are the dimensions of the light strip - cross-sectional dimensions of only 3/4 inches wide by 15/16 inches high.
A hardwire LED driver is required.