About our White LED Flexible Tape Light, 16.4-Foot Reel, Damp Location, 12-Volt
If you need assistance with selecting the right components for your lighting project, please download this LED Flexible Tape Light
worksheet, complete it, and fax it to 724.846.8833. Then a Technical Customer Service Rep will contact you by email or phone to discuss your project further.
This LED flexible tape light provides a bright white light and is energy-efficient and practical for almost any application, especially under cabinet, cove, niche, and shelf lighting. With a strong adhesive backing from 3M, it easily mounts to many surfaces, including wood and metal. The tape light comes in a reel of 16 feet and is field cuttable, allowing you to create different length sections to meet the needs of your project.
- Dimensions: 16.4ft long; only 3/32in thick and only 13/32in wide
- Maximum Run: 16.4ft of tape light
- Dimmable: dimmable when powered by electronic dimmable drivers
- Field Cuttable: every 4in at cut marks
- LEDs: each 16.4-foot reel has 150 LEDs spaced every 1.3in
- Wattage: 36 watts for entire reel; 2.2 watts/foot
- Voltage: 12 volts DC
- 2 Color Temperatures: choose from color temperatures of 3000K (warm white) or 5000K (soft daylight)
- Light Output: 74 lumens/foot for warm white; 97 lumens/foot for soft daylight
- Good Color Rendering: 75 CRI for warm white, 77 CRI for soft daylight
- Excellent Rated Life: 50,000 hours of average rated life
- LED Tape Light Reel: one 16.4-foot reel
- 3 Power Connection Kits: used to connect tape light to drivers. Three power connection kits are included with each reel. Each kit includes one 36in white cable with RCA adapter for connecting to plug-in drivers and one 36in black cable with hardwire leads for connecting to hardwire drivers. Note: both cables are used when connecting to a hardwire driver.
- 3M Adhesive Backing: sturdy adhesive allows for easy mounting to wood, metals, glass, and most other smooth surfaces
- 16 Mounting Clips: clear clips with screws
REQUIRED CONSTANT VOLTAGE DRIVER
One 12-volt DC driver is required for each continuous run. Three types are available. Be sure to select an LED driver whose wattage rating is equal to or slightly greater than the total wattage of the LED tape light being powered. All of these items are ordered separately.
- Calculating Total Wattage of Run: to determine the LED driver you need, calculate the total wattage rating of your tape light run by multiplying the feet of tape light you intend to power by 2.2 watts. For example, for 16.4 feet of tape light, you would need to select a driver rated for at least 36 watts (16.4ft x 2.2W/ft = 36W).
- Non-Dimmable Plug-In: choose from 36- or 60-watt plug-in drivers. A maximum load of 80% is recommended. For example, if you select the 60-watt driver, a maximum of 48 watts should be connected.
- Non-Dimmable Hardwire: choose from 25-, 60-, or 100-watt hardwire drivers.
- Dimmable Electronic Hardwire: choose from 25-, 60-, 100-, or 150-watt hardwire drivers.
All of these Accessories are ordered separately.
- Pulse Width Modulation Dimmer: compatible in-wall dimmer that connects to secondary side of dimmable driver. Dimmer can handle a maximum of 72 watts of load.
- Pulse Width Modulation Repeater: allows for dimming loads larger than 72 watts
- Jumper Cables: available in three lengths: 6in, 12in, and 24in. Electrically links 2 sections together over a short distance or around corners.
- L Connectors: electrically links two sections together at a 90 degree angle. Comes in a pack of 3.
- T Connectors: electrically links three sections together in a "T" formation. Comes in a pack of 2.
- Splice Connectors: electrically links two sections together end-to-end. Comes in a pack of 5.
- RCA Y Splitter: connects 2 separate runs to a single plug-in driver. Use splitters if you would like to power runs longer than 16.4ft on one plug-in driver. Splitters are not needed for connecting separate runs to a single hardwire driver
- RCA Extension Cable: adds 24in of lead from plug-in driver to beginning of run
- Power Connection Kits: purchase additional power connection kits if you need to separate a reel into more than 3 runs.
- Mounting Clips: additional mounting clips are available in a pack of 16.
- Enclosure for Hardwire Drivers: stores electrical connections and hardwire drivers. Use with PLED-DR-12 or PLED-DR60-12 only.
- Installation Instructions: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
- Dimming Instructions: please refer to the Dimming Instructions (PDF) for complete information about connecting tape light to a dimmer
- Outdoor or Indoor Use: IP44 rating (protected against solid objects over 1.0mm in size and water sprayed from all directions). When used outdoors, all connections must be sealed with silicone and shrink tube (sold separately).
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of White LED Flexible Tape Light, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
White LED Flexible Tape Light, 16.4-Foot Reel, Damp Location, 12-Volt
Stars based on
I would recommend this item to a friend.
March 11, 2013
Very nice - good value, compared to what I'd been seeing. Easy to cut and connect. Comes with extra connectors which is handy. I used for upper cabinet front lip and they were perfect.- they take corners well also. I thought about using a foil strip at right angle above as a reflector, but not needed!
My only question is consistency of lighting - I ordered the 'warm white', but it seems a bit cool, and looking at the strip, the LEDs are mixed - most fairly cool with some warmer ones mixed in at no consistent interval, which I can't believe is normal.
ease of connecting
Cons:warm seems pretty cool
Light slips out
January 2, 2013
The connection where you cut the light strip to the jumper cable is not very strong. It can slip out easily.
By Bob from Virginia on August 2, 2012
The maximum jumper length is 24", is there any way to spread them further apart? Will the jumpers hook together?
By Chris at Pegasus Lighting on August 3, 2012
We have verified with the manufacturer that the jumpers cannot be linked together. A new run of tape light will be required if you want to go beyond the 24 inches.
By Mike from Canada on December 4, 2012
Is there a maximum number of jumpers you can use on a given run? For example, I want to use five 24" jumpers and 14 feet of tape light in total over 6 sections. Will that be a problem?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on December 5, 2012
Answer:Mike, No that shouldn't be a problem.
By Bob from Wildomar, CA on December 6, 2012
Answer:Using jumpers does not consume any power so you can use as many jumps that you need for your installation. With that said use common sense. The jumpers create a weak spot in the installation. If you have a problem with a section not working it will most likely be the jumper is loose or not installed correctly. The jumpers are very fragile and should not be repeatedly plugged in and unplugged.