About our LED Flexible Tape Light, 16-Foot Reel, Wet Location, 24-Volt
If you need assistance with selecting the right components for your lighting project, please download this LED Flexible Tape Light
worksheet, complete it, and fax it to 724.846.8833. Then a Technical Customer Service Rep will contact you by email or phone to discuss your project further.
Dramatically illuminate under cabinets, coves, rails, or decks with this wet location LED flexible tape light reel. It is field cuttable and easily separates every 12in, making it simple to install this custom strip lighting system. The LEDs are available in two different color temperatures and four different colors.
- Dimensions: 16ft long; only 1/16in thick and only 7/16in wide
- Maximum Run: 64ft of tape light
- Dimmable: dimmable when powered by dimmable drivers
- Field Cuttable: every 4in
- Easily Separates: sections separate every 12in
- LEDs: each 16-foot reel has 288 LEDs
- Wattage: 24 watts for entire reel; 1.5 watts/foot
- Voltage: 24 volts DC
- 2 Color Temperatures or 4 Colors: choice of 3000K (warm white) or 4200K (cool white) color temperatures, or the colors blue, green, red, or yellow
- Lumens: up to 70 lumens/foot (cool white)
- Excellent Rated Life: 50,000 hours on average rated life
- LED Tape Light Reel: one 16-foot reel, which separates every 12in
- Power Line Interconnector: 9-inch cable connects tape light to driver
- 3M Adhesive Backing: sturdy adhesive allows for easy mounting to wood, metals, glass, and most other smooth surfaces
- 15 Mounting Clips: clear acrylic clips with screws
- 5 Shrink Wrap Tubes: seals connections made in the field to maintain wet location listing
REQUIRED LED DRIVER
One 24-volt DC driver is required for each continuous tape light run. Three types of 24V DC LED drivers are available: non-dimmable plug-in electronic driver, non-dimmable hardwire electronic driver, and dimmable hardwire magnetic driver. Be sure to select an LED driver whose wattage rating is equal to or slightly greater than the total wattage of the LED tape light being powered. The LED drivers are ordered separately.
- Calculating Total Wattage of Run: to determine the LED driver you need, calculate the total wattage rating of your tape light run by multiplying the feet of tape light you intend to power by 1.5 watts. For example, for 16 feet of tape light, you would need to select a driver rated for at least 24 watts (16ft x 1.5W/ft = 24W).
- Non-Dimmable Plug-In Electronic: choose from 24-, 45-, or 96-watt plug-in electronic drivers
- Non-Dimmable Hardwire Electronic: choose from 30-, 60-, or 100-watt hardwire electronic drivers
- Dimmable Hardwire Magnetic: choose from 48-, 96-, or 300-watt hardwire magnetic drivers for either 120-Volt (residential applications) or 277-Volt (commercial applications) input voltage systems
All of these Accessories are ordered separately.
- LED Tape Light Sections: 4-inch and 12-inch sections are available for expanding your run
- Interconnection Cables: available in five lengths: 2in, 6in, 18in, 36in, and 72in. These cables electrically link 2 sections together over a short distance or around corners.
- Splitter Cables: Y and X splitters are available. Purchase a splitter cable if you need multiple runs to connect to a single driver or if you need to split a single run of tape light into multiple sections.
- Junction Box: required for connecting hardwire drivers PNATL-530HW and PNATL-560HW to tape light
- End Cap: covers an open end of tape light. An end cap sealed by shrink wrap tube is required for each open end of tape light in order to maintain wet location listing. In dry and damp locations, end caps are not required.
- Power Line Interconnectors: connect tape light to a driver. Each reel includes a 9-inch power line interconnector. Purchase additional power line interconnectors if you are connecting a reel to more than 1 driver.
- Shrink Wrap Tube: available in a pack of 5 for sealing exposed connections made in the field. In order to maintain the ETL wet location listing, connections must be sealed using shrink wrap tube. Each reel includes 5 tubes. Purchase additional shrink wrap tubes if you will be making more than 5 connections.
- 4-Foot Plastic Channel: the plastic channel securely mounts tape light to a surface. It is UV protected and field cuttable.
- Mounting Clips: additional mounting clips are available in a pack of 15
- Installation Instructions: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
- Outdoor or Indoor Use: IP65 rating (totally protected against dust and protected against low pressure jets of water from all directions). When used outdoors, all exposed connections must be sealed with shrink tube.
- 3-Year Warranty
- ETL Listed: wet location listed in USA and Canada (not submersible)
- CA Title 24 Compliant: this product complies with the strict energy efficiency requirements established by the state of California
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of LED Flexible Tape Light, 16-Foot Reel, Wet Location, 24-Volt please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
LED Flexible Tape Light, 16-Foot Reel, Wet Location, 24-Volt
By Barron Electric from Tucson AZ on October 13, 2012
What color is best for art work? Also need the accessories for assembling in different lengths.
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on October 15, 2012
Answer:The color best for artwork will depend upon your aesthetic tastes and the location of the artwork.
As for as accessories, if you view the Accessories on the product page, you will find all of the items you will need for installing tape light.