About our LED Flexible Tape Light Sections, Wet Location, 24-Volt
If you need assistance with selecting the right components for your lighting project, please download this LED Flexible Tape Light
worksheet, complete it, and fax it to 724.846.8833. Then a Technical Customer Service Rep will contact you by email or phone to discuss your project further.
Use sections of wet location LED tape light to expand your run or to light a small space such as a niche. It has a 3M adhesive backing and is available in two color temperatures and 4 colors.
- Sections: use sections to expand your run or to light a small space such as a niche. Visit the 16-Foot Reel of LED Flexible Tape Light, Wet Location, 24-Volt page for larger projects.
- 2 Lengths: choose from 4- or 12-inch sections
- Dimensions: only 1/16in thick and only 7/16in wide
- Maximum Run: 64ft of tape light
- Dimmable: dimmable when powered by dimmable drivers
- LEDs: 6 bright LEDs for each 4-inch section; 18 bright LEDs for each 12-inch section
- Wattage: 0.5 watts for 4-inch sections, 1.5 watts for 12-inch sections
- Voltage: 24 volts DC
- 2 Color Temperatures or 4 Colors: choice of 3000K (warm white) or 4200K (cool white) color temperatures, or the colors blue, green, red, or yellow
- Excellent Rated Life: 50,000 hours on average rated life
- Light Output: up to 23 lumens (cool white) for 4-inch sections; up to 70 lumens (cool white) for 12-inch sections
- LED Tape Light Section: choose from 4- or 12-inch sections
- 3M Adhesive Backing: sturdy adhesive allows for easy mounting to wood, metals, glass, and most other smooth surfaces
- 2 Shrink Wrap Tubes: seals connections made in the field to maintain wet location listing
One 24-volt DC driver is required for each continuous tape light run. Three types of 24V DC LED drivers are available: non-dimmable plug-in electronic driver, non-dimmable hardwire electronic driver, and dimmable hardwire magnetic driver. Be sure to select an LED driver whose wattage rating is equal to or slightly greater than the total wattage of the LED tape light being powered. One power line interconnector cable is required for each run of tape light. These items are ordered separately.
- Power Line Interconnectors: connect tape light to a driver. Unlike the reel of tape light, sections do not include this cable. It is required if not using sections to expand a 16-foot reel.
- Calculating Total Wattage of Run: to determine the LED driver you need, calculate the total wattage rating of your tape light run by multiplying the feet of tape light you intend to power by 1.5 watts. For example, for 16 feet of tape light, you would need to select a driver rated for at least 24 watts (16ft x 1.5W/ft = 24W).
- Non-Dimmable Plug-In Electronic: choose from 24-, 45-, or 96-watt plug-in electronic drivers
- Non-Dimmable Hardwire Electronic: choose from 30-, 60-, or 100-watt hardwire electronic drivers
- Dimmable Hardwire Magnetic: choose from 48-, 96-, or 300-watt hardwire magnetic drivers for either 120-Volt (residential applications) or 277-Volt (commercial applications) input voltage systems
All of these Accessories are ordered separately.
- Interconnection Cables: available in five lengths: 2in, 6in, 18in, 36in, and 72in. These cables electrically link 2 sections together over a short distance or around corners.
- Splitter Cables: Y and X splitters are available. Purchase a splitter cable if you need multiple runs to connect to a single driver or if you need to split a single run of tape light into multiple sections.
- Junction Box: required for connecting hardwire drivers PNATL-530HW and PNATL-560HW to tape light
- End Cap: covers an open end of tape light. An end cap sealed by shrink wrap tube is required for each open end of tape light in order to maintain wet location listing. In dry and damp locations, end caps are not required.
- Shrink Wrap Tube: available in a pack of 5 for sealing exposed connections made in the field. In order to maintain the ETL wet location listing, connections must be sealed using shrink wrap tube. Each section includes 2 tubes.
- 4-Foot Plastic Channel: the plastic channel securely mounts tape light to a surface. It is UV protected and field cuttable.
- Mounting Clips: additional mounting clips are available in a pack of 15
- Installation Instructions: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
- Outdoor or Indoor Use: IP65 rating (totally protected against dust and protected against low pressure jets of water from all directions). When used outdoors, all exposed connections must be sealed with shrink tube.
- 3-Year Warranty
- ETL Listed: wet location listed in USA and Canada (not submersible)
- CA Title 24 Compliant: this product complies with the strict energy efficiency requirements established by the state of California
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of sections of LED Flexible Tape Light, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
LED Flexible Tape Light Sections, Wet Location, 24-Volt
Stars based on
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Needed a special lighting situation and this was the only place I found that could meet my requirements.
November 15, 2013
No problems! Worked the first time it was plugged in.
By Bryan from OR on March 31, 2014
Looking to install a field-cuttable, under cabinet LED lighting tape system, that is fully dimmable using a standard wall box, Decora-style magnetic/electronic dimmer, e.g.: Leviton Vizia. Will the below config work?
LED Flexible Tape Light Sections, Wet Location, 24-Volt
PNUTP1-LED (multiple lengths, not to exceed 15ft long)
Power Line Interconnector Cable for LED Flexible Tape Light, Wet Location, 24-Volt
Junction Box for Hardwire Constant Voltage Drivers
50-Watt 24-Volt DC Dimmable Magnetic Hardwire Constant Voltage LED Driver
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on April 1, 2014
You need to use one of the specific drivers listed on this page -
The reason is that they have special connectors allowing them to easily connect to the tape light.
I would suggest this driver specifically instead of the 50W driver - http://www.pegasuslighting.com/constant-voltage-led-driver-48w-24v-dc-hardwire-dimmable.html
Use a magnetic low voltage dimmer for this driver.
You do not need the junction box if you use this driver.