About our Color Changing LED Flexible Tape Light Sections, Wet Location, 24-Volt
If you need assistance with selecting the right components for your lighting project, please download this Color Changing LED Flexible Tape Light
worksheet, complete it, and fax it to 724.846.8833. Then a Technical Customer Service Rep will contact you by email or phone to discuss your project further.
Install these color changing tape light sections for spectacular accent lighting. The energy-efficient LEDs will generate 16 different colors of light in 4 different patterns. Tape light sections are ideal for small projects, such as shelves and cabinets, or for expanding a reel.
- Sections: use sections to expand your run or to light a small space such as a niche or shelf. Visit the 16-Foot Reel of Color Changing LED Flexible Tape Light, Wet Location, 24-Volt page for larger projects.
- Changing Color LEDs: red, green, blue colors in each diode allow for creative color changing light that is programmed using the RGB controller
- RGB Modes: emits 16 different colors at 3 different brightness levels and in 4 color patterns (flash, strobe, fade, and smooth)
- Low Profile: only 1/16in thick and 9/16in wide
- Maximum Run: 40ft of tape light
- Not Dimmable
- LEDs: 6 bright LEDs for each 6-inch section; 12 bright LEDs for each 12-inch section
- Wattage: 1.25 watts for 6-inch sections, 2.5 watts for 12-inch sections
- Voltage: 24 volts DC
- Excellent Rated Life: 50,000 hours on average rated life
- LED Tape Light Section: choose from 6- or 12-inch sections
- 3M Adhesive Backing: sturdy adhesive allows for easy mounting to wood, metals, glass, and most other smooth surfaces
- 2 Shrink Wrap Tubes: seals connections made in the field to maintain wet location listing
One 24-volt DC driver, one power line interconnector cable, and one 24-volt RGB controller are required for each continuous tape light run. Three types of 24V DC LED drivers are available: plug-in electronic driver, hardwire electronic driver, and hardwire magnetic driver. Be sure to select an LED driver whose wattage rating is equal to or slightly greater than the total wattage of the LED tape light being powered. These items are ordered separately.
- Power Line Interconnectors: connect tape light to an RGB controller, which in turn connects to an LED driver. Unlike the reel of tape light, sections do not include this cable. It is required if not using sections to expand a 16-foot reel.
- RGB Controller: controls colors emitted, brightness level, and color patterns of the tape light. Compatible hand held remotes are also available but are not required.
- Calculating Total Wattage of Run: to determine the LED driver you need, calculate the total wattage rating of your tape light run by multiplying the feet of tape light you intend to power by 2.5 watts. For example, for 16 feet of tape light, you would need to select a driver rated for at least 40 watts (16ft x 2.5W/ft = 40W).
- Plug-In Electronic: choose from 24-, 45-, or 96-watt plug-in electronic drivers
- Hardwire Electronic: choose from 30-, 60-, or 100-watt hardwire electronic drivers
- Hardwire Magnetic: choose from 48-, 96-, or 300-watt hardwire magnetic drivers for either 120-Volt (residential applications) or 277-Volt (commercial applications) input voltage systems
All of these Accessories are ordered separately.
- Hand Held RGB Remote: allows for wireless control of LED tape light up to 22ft away from RGB controller.
- Interconnection Cables: available in five lengths: 2in, 6in, 18in, 36in, and 72in. These cables electrically link 2 sections together over a short distance or around corners.
- Splitter Cables: Y and X splitters are available. Purchase a splitter cable if you need multiple runs to connect to a single driver or if you need to split a single run of tape light into multiple sections.
- RGB Controller Extension Cable: 10- and 30-foot extension cables are available for extending distance between LED drivers and RGB controllers
- Junction Box: required for connecting hardwire drivers PNATL-530HW and PNATL-560HW to tape light
- End Cap: covers an open end of tape light. An end cap sealed by shrink wrap tube is required for each open end of tape light in order to maintain wet location listing. In dry and damp locations, end caps are not required.
- Shrink Wrap Tube: available in a pack of 5 for sealing exposed connections made in the field. In order to maintain the ETL wet location listing, connections must be sealed using shrink wrap tube. Each section includes 2 tubes. Purchase additional shrink wrap tubes if you will be making more than 2 connections.
- 4-Foot Aluminum Channel: securely mounts tape light to a surface. It is field cuttable.
- Mounting Clips: additional mounting clips are available in a pack of 15
- Installation Instructions: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
- Outdoor or Indoor Use: IP65 rating (totally protected against dust and protected against low pressure jets of water from all directions). When used outdoors, all exposed connections must be sealed with shrink tube.
- 3-Year Warranty
- ETL Listed: wet location listed in USA and Canada (not submersible)
- CA Title 24 Compliant: this product complies with the strict energy efficiency requirements established by the state of California
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Color Changing LED Flexible Tape Light Sections, Wet Location, 24-Volt, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Color Changing LED Flexible Tape Light Sections, Wet Location, 24-Volt
By Gary Blais from Raleigh, NC on January 21, 2015
Are these suitable for an outdoor application? What other equipment is required to make the lights cycle through the colors? My plan is to put these lights on the ground, on either side of the stairs in the photo during the holidays next year. The goal is to illuminate the front of the house with seasonal colors that change slowly or quickly as the mood strikes. Ideally, they could also do the same thing at Halloween. At a minimum, how many 12 inch sections would I need to adequately illuminate the house? On each side of the stairs is about a 12 foot section to illuminate. I want to be about to use the outdoor outlet on the left of the stairs. I do have 2 small LED spots on the ground in the center of the 12 sections that are hard wired into a 300 Watt transformer that runs my landscape lighting. What's your advice?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on January 21, 2015
Answer:Yes, they are suitable for outdoor use.
For each run an LED driver, a power line interconnector cable, and an RGB controller are required. I would also recommend the remote control for added convenience.
Although these will definitely add festive color, they are not bright enough to illuminate your entire home's facade. They are meant as accent lights. I would recommend using 12in sections to fill the entire length that you intend to light.
By Gwen from Long Beach, MS on October 21, 2012
Are these color changing sections available in white strips?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on October 22, 2012
The tape light is not available in white strips.