About our Color Changing LED Flexible Tape Light, 16-Foot Reel, Wet Location, 12-Volt
If you need assistance with selecting the right components for your lighting project, please download this Color Changing LED Flexible Tape Light
worksheet, complete it, and fax it to 724.846.8833. Then a Technical Customer Service Rep will contact you by email or phone to discuss your project further.
This 12-volt color changing LED tape light will enhance your space with creative lighting. You can set it on a stationary color or automatic changing colors in any one of several different modes. It is safe to use in wet locations and is very simple to install and customize to your projectís exact length.
- Color Changing LEDs: red, green, blue colors in each diode allow for creative color changing light that is programmed using the RGB controller
- RGB Modes: 16 different colors at 3 different brightness levels and in 4 color patterns (flash, strobe, fade, and smooth)
- Low Profile: 16ft long; only 1/16in thick and 9/16in wide
- Maximum Run: 24ft of tape light
- Not Dimmable
- Field Cuttable: every 6in
- Easily Separates: sections separate every 12in
- LEDs: each 16-foot reel has 192 LEDs
- Wattage: 40 watts for entire reel; 2.5 watts/foot
- Voltage: 12 volts DC
- Excellent Rated Life: 50,000 hours on average rated life
- LED Tape Light Reel: one 16-foot reel, which separates every 12in
- Power Line Interconnector: 12-inch cable connects tape light to an RGB controller, which in turn connects to an LED driver
- 3M Adhesive Backing: sturdy adhesive allows for easy mounting to wood, metals, glass, and most other smooth surfaces
- 15 Mounting Clips: clear acrylic clips with screws
- 5 Shrink Wrap Tubes: seals connections made in the field to maintain wet location listing
One 12-volt DC driver and one 12-volt RGB controller are required for each continuous tape light run. Three types of 12V DC LED drivers are available: plug-in electronic driver, hardwire electronic driver, and hardwire magnetic driver. Be sure to select an LED driver whose wattage rating is equal to or slightly greater than the total wattage of the LED tape light being powered. These items are ordered separately.
- RGB Controller: controls colors emitted, brightness level, and color patterns of the tape light. Compatible hand held remotes are also available but are not required.
- Calculating Total Wattage of Run: to determine the LED driver you need, calculate the total wattage rating of your tape light run by multiplying the feet of tape light you intend to power by 2.5 watts. For example, for 16 feet of tape light, you would need to select a driver rated for at least 40 watts (16ft x 2.5W/ft = 40W).
- Plug-In Electronic: choose from 24- or 50-watt plug-in electronic drivers
- Hardwire Electronic: choose from 30- or 60-watt hardwire electronic drivers
- Hardwire Magnetic: choose from 36-, 60-, or 240-watt hardwire magnetic drivers for either 120-Volt (residential applications) or 277-Volt (commercial applications) input voltage systems
All of these Accessories are ordered separately.
- LED Tape Light Sections: 6-inch and 12-inch sections are available for expanding your run
- Hand Held RGB Remote: allows for wireless control of LED tape light up to 22ft away from RGB controller.
- Interconnection Cables: available in five lengths: 2in, 6in, 18in, 36in, and 72in. These cables electrically link 2 sections together over a short distance or around corners.
- Splitter Cables: Y and X splitters are available. Purchase a splitter cable if you need multiple runs to connect to a single driver or if you need to split a single run of tape light into multiple sections.
- RGB Controller Extension Cable: 10- and 30-foot extension cables are available for extending distance between LED drivers and RGB controllers
- Junction Box: required for connecting hardwire drivers PNATL-530HW and PNATL-560HW to tape light
- End Cap: covers an open end of tape light. An end cap sealed by shrink wrap tube is required for each open end of tape light in order to maintain wet location listing. In dry and damp locations, end caps are not required.
- Power Line Interconnectors: connect tape light to RGB controllers, which in turn connect to LED drivers. Each reel includes a 12-inch power line interconnector. Purchase additional power line interconnectors if you are connecting a reel to more than 1 RGB controller and driver.
- Shrink Wrap Tube: available in a pack of 5 for sealing exposed connections made in the field. In order to maintain the ETL wet location listing, connections must be sealed using shrink wrap tube. Each reel includes 5 tubes. Purchase additional shrink wrap tubes if you will be making more than 5 connections.
- 4-Foot Aluminum Channel: securely mounts tape light to a surface. It is field cuttable.
- Mounting Clips: additional mounting clips are available in a pack of 15
- Installation Instructions: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
- Outdoor or Indoor Use: IP65 rating (totally protected against dust and protected against low pressure jets of water from all directions). When used outdoors, all exposed connections must be sealed with shrink tube.
- 3-Year Warranty
- ETL Listed: wet location listed in USA and Canada (not submersible)
- CA Title 24 Compliant: this product complies with the strict energy efficiency requirements established by the state of California
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Color Changing Color LED Flexible Tape Light, 16-Foot Reel, Wet Location, 12-Volt, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Color Changing LED Flexible Tape Light, 16-Foot Reel, Wet Location, 12-Volt