About our LED Channel Rays (50 Pack)
The LED Channel Ray is great for use with sign lighting, channel letters, backlighting, silhouettes, displays and a variety of fluorescent retrofits where cold temperatures exist. The LED Channel Rays are designed for cool operation and heat doesn't build up inside enclosures ensuring long-lasting LED lighting. The LED Channel Rays have a sleek, low profile that easily fit inside smaller letters and housings.
- 2 Models:
PLED-CR3-WH: 8500K (skylight) color temperature
PLED-CR3-RE: red LED color
- Pack of 50 Modules: 50 modules spaced 6.5in on 18 AWG wire for a max length of about 27ft
- Module Dimensions: only 9/32in(H) x 5/8in(W) x 2-5/8in(L)
- Field Cuttable: at every module. Each module contains three LEDs. Recommended 3 modules per foot.
- Maximum Run: 50 modules (approximately 27ft)
- 3M Adhesive Backing: sturdy adhesive allows for easy mounting to wood, metals, glass, and most other smooth surfaces
- Durable Construction: housing is made of ABS plastic
- Weatherproof Design: may be used indoors or outdoors
- Cool Operation: operates cool and saves energy. No heat build-up inside enclosures.
- Viewing Angle: 120 degree viewing angle creates more uniform backlighting effects and better silhouettes
- Bright LEDs
- Wattage: 36 watts for entire length; 0.72 watts per module
- Voltage: 12 volts DC
- Light Output: 47 lumens per 3-chip module
- Excellent Rated Life: 50,000 hours of rated life on average
- Dimmable: dimmable with magnetic low voltage dimmers when powered by PLED-TR-60-12 dimmable drivers
REQUIRED CONSTANT VOLTAGE DRIVER
One 12-volt DC driver is required for each continuous run. Three types are available. Be sure to select an LED driver whose wattage rating is equal to or slightly greater than the total wattage of the LED Channel Ray run being powered. All of these items are ordered separately.
- Calculating Total Wattage of Run: to determine the LED driver you need, calculate the total wattage rating of your channel ray run by multiplying the number of modules you intend to power by 0.72 watts. For example, for 50 modules, you would need to select a driver for at least 36 watts (50 Modules x 0.72W/Module = 36W).
- Non-Dimmable Plug-In: choose from 36- or 60-watt plug-in drivers. A maximum load of 80% is recommended. For example, if you select the 60-watt driver, a maximum of 48 watts should be connected.
- Non-Dimmable Hardwire: choose from 60- or 100-watt hardwire drivers.
- Dimmable Magnetic Hardwire: a 60-watt dimmable hardwire driver is available.
All of these Accessories are ordered separately.
- Magnetic Low Voltage Dimmers: for use with dimmable LED driver
- Enclosure for Hardwire Drivers: stores electrical connections and hardwire drivers. Use with PLED-DR60-12 only.
- Installation Instructions: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). [Caution: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.]
- Outdoor or Indoor Use: IP68 rating for use in and around water; however, when using outdoors, all connections and cut ends must be located where they will not be in contact with water and should be properly sealed with silicone and appropriate wire connectors.
- Mounting: each module has adhesive tape (allow 24 hours to cure before lighting)
- UL Listed in the USA & Canada
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of LED Channel Rays, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.