|Enhance both the safety and the beauty of your exterior property. Accent walkways, buildings, outside floral arrangements, stairs, patios, pools - the list goes on and on. Use landscape lighting to dramatically improve your home or business' curb appeal while also making access to your home's or office's interior safer and easier. We offer high-quality products to make your landscape really shine, including low voltage landscape lighting, outdoor transformers, and LED battery operated lights, when ease of installation and lack of power is a requirement.|
Landscape Lighting Design Tips
- You would be surprised what some yard lights can do for almost any outdoor space. Whether it's a garden, patio, deck, backyard, or path, even a single landscape light can drastically improve its appearance and performance after dark. Here are a few outdoor landscaping lighting tips.
- What Are Your Goals?
- First, think about why you want to light landscaping. Is the point to see better in the dark or simply to accent part of your garden? Defining your goals will help you determine what kinds of landscape light fixtures you need and where to put them in your yard.
- Release Your Inner Artist
- Make a drawing of the areas in your landscaping that you want to illuminate. Include all of the current outside lighting, plants, decorations, and structures. Make note of the current and possible future height of any plantings. This will help you to figure out spacing and layout for your updated exterior lighting.
- Location, Location, Location
- Now, choose where you want to place your new garden lighting. Think about what kinds of effects different landscape lights and their installation location will have on your yard, both for beauty and security.
- Buy The Best Landscape Lighting
- This is the fun part - you get to pick exactly what kinds of outdoor light fixtures you want, and exactly where you want them to go. As you go through the selection process, think about any possible future upgrades you might make to your landscaping (such as any new hardscapes, like a patio or pathway, or future garden beds). For example, if you were to add a new hardscape to your yard, you may want to install a 2-inch plastic conduit underneath so that landscape wiring can be added later.
- Landscape Lighting Transformer - Do I Need One?
- Some landscape lighting can be powered directly through an outdoor electrical outlet, but low voltage landscape lights require a transformer. When adding landscape low voltage lighting we suggest a magnetic outdoor transformer with enough wattage to handle any future upgrades you might make.
- The Virtues of Solar Landscape Lighting
- Solar lighting is the single most energy efficient kind of yard lighting available because it requires zero use of electricity to function. It is also very low-maintenance - other than the occasional wipe down to remove dirt or dust from the solar plate, you won't have to even think about them. Since they're made with LEDs, they won't burn out or need replacing for years and years, and they are usually automatic, so you don't have to remember to switch them on or off. Best of all, they are a one-time investment! You never have to worry about running up your electric bill on account of your fantastically lit yard. Check out our selection of outdoor solar lighting for more details!
- Want More Great Landscaping Lighting Ideas?
- We have gathered a short list of resources for you to check out.