Social Media and Content Specialist
Location: Raleigh/Durham, NC or Greater Pittsburgh, PA area
Begun in 1993, Pegasus Lighting is a division of Edison Lighting Systems, Inc., which, in turn, has been in business since 1987. We sell unique lighting products for both residential and commercial settings. By "unique lighting," we mean light fixtures that are difficult to find, contemporary or avant-garde in styling, custom-made, energy-efficient, and/or powered by a state-of-the-art light source. Thus, we prefer to sell light fixtures that use LED, fluorescent, halogen, or xenon light bulbs instead of traditional incandescent, and fluorescent fixtures that use quiet, energy-efficient electronic ballasts instead of magnetic.
Our mission is to provide unique lighting products of the utmost quality, and to ensure our customer's lighting project is a successful one. On our website, our customers will find detailed product descriptions, installation guides with step-by-step instructions, and how-to articles to get them started on any project. We want our customers to be impressed with the quality and performance of our lighting products along every step of the way. Whether they are selecting a unique light fixture on our website, opening the package that arrived at their door, or admiring the completed installation, we strive for 100% satisfaction. That's why we have a generous return policy, a highly knowledgeable customer service department, and a dedicated blog for lighting information and tips.
Our guiding principles include,
- treating everyone fairly and with respect;
- work smarter;
- communicate clearly and thoroughly;
- encourage innovation;
- and, have some fun.
Pegasus Lighting differentiates itself by providing,
- "Unique Lighting Products for Your Special Needs"TM;
- outstanding customer service that you won't soon forget;
- and, a positive learning experience in lighting.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR PEGASUS LIGHTING?
- Because you want to make an impact on a company...NOW! This position reports directly to the President and we promise, your ideas will be heard without having to schedule boring meetings and writing formal reports. Just pick up the phone or email.
- Because you want to gain valuable experience in e-commerce and Internet marketing. Once you start working for Pegasus Lighting you will dive right into the deep end making an impact in the company on a daily, even hourly, basis. The e-commerce world moves fast and it's a blast moving fast right along with it.
- Because you hate being bored doing the same thing over and over and over again. Not going to happen at Pegasus Lighting! Your closet will get full with the many hats you will wear working for us.
- Because you are a self-starter who hates being micro-managed.
- Because you don't want to wear fancy suits and have a long commute five days a week. You will work from home. Every day can be pajama day! Of course, we do ask that when you leave the house you put on something other than your pajamas.
Pegasus Lighting is seeking a full-time Social Media and Content Specialist to join our Marketing team. This person's primary responsibilities will include writing for and assisting in managing our company blog, assisting in content creation for our e-commerce website, and managing our social media accounts. In addition, this person will help to evaluate website analytics data, create video content, and help with search engine optimization (SEO). The ideal candidate will have a strong writing background along with some practical experience working with websites and social networking (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.), and a passion for e-commerce, social media, and Internet marketing.
- Write new and engaging content on a regular basis for our “Light Reading” blog.
Write new content, and edit existing content, for our e-commerce website that is engaging to the website visitor, SEO friendly, and based on keyphrase research and semantic relationships.
- Manage the company's multiple social media profiles and actively engage with our social media followers on a daily basis.
- Assist in outreach efforts to relevant websites and industry influencers through content marketing, as well as competitive analysis, etc. to generate additional organic traffic to our website.
- Conduct industry and competitive research to continuously monitor SEM efforts and messaging as well as identifying new trends and approaches.
- Assist in the tracking and reporting of key website analytic data as it relates to our content efforts.
- Write press releases announcing company news.
- Assist in the creation of video content.
- Work closely with the President and provide project management and reporting support.
- BA/BS degree requirement
- Professional verbal and written skills
- Strong writing background
- Friendly and energetic personality
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and displaying strong initiative
- Previous experience with multiple social media networks and social media management platforms
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Passionate about success
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to work from home
- Creative writing background
- Previous experience with Internet marketing and/or e-commerce websites
- Previous experience with Hootsuite
- Some HTML knowledge
- Knowledge and use of Wordpress
- Blogging experience
- Experience with Google Analytics
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in joining Pegasus Lighting full-time, send your PDF resume along with your cover letter in the body of the email to jobs [at] pegasuslighting [dot] com.
No agencies please!