Description of 75-Watt 12-Volt Electronic Low Voltage Transformer, Back Feed
This Lightech electronic low voltage transformer handles lighting loads between 10 to 75 watts of 12-volt halogen or xenon lighting systems. It is dimmable, features short circuit protection, and comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Uses: used to power 12-volt halogen or xenon lighting systems [Caution: Not recommended for low voltage cable lighting systems that use cables suspended between walls to support and power decorative low voltage light fixtures hanging from the cables.]
- Maximum 75 Watts of Load: 75 watts maximum of lighting load. Unlike most magnetic transformers, this electronic transformer can be used to power the maximum wattage. [Caution: Always attach the load to the transformer before connecting the transformer to power.]
- Minimum 10 Watts of Load: minimum load without dimmer is 10 watts; minimum load with dimmer is 20 watts. Unless this transformer is powering at least 10 watts of lighting load it will not work properly.
- Input: 120 volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 0.625 amps
- Input Leads: one 6-inch white 18 AWG wire (neutral) and one 6-inch black 18 AWG wire (hot)
- Output: 11.7 volts AC, 6.25 amps [Caution: a standard AC voltmeter cannot measure the output of a high frequency electronic transformer; instead, a special "true RMS" voltmeter must be used.]
- Output Leads: two 6-inch red 14 AWG wires [Suggestion: Use a terminal block for each connection in the 12V output circuit and make certain that these connections are very tight and secure. Also, be sure that the gauge of the electrical wire used in the output circuit is not less than 14 AWG.]
- Power Factor: 0.95
- Dimensions: 0.8in(H) x 1.5in(W) x 2.5in(L)
- Dimmable: fully dimmable using a low voltage electronic dimmer. Please see the Accessories tab to purchase a compatible dimmer. An electronic transformer can sometimes work with a standard incandescent dimmer. However, to ensure that your lighting system works effectively with the greatest dimming range we recommend that you use a dimmer that was specifically designed to control an electronic low voltage transformer. Additionally, using this type of dimmer will diminish the possibility of an audible hum when the dimmer is used – especially at low light levels. [Caution: dimmer should always be connected to the input side, 120V side, of a transformer.]
- Short Circuit Protection: yes, with electronic internal resettable protection
- Casing: aluminum
- Color: silver
- UL Recognized in the USA & Canada
- Brand: Lightech
- 3-Year Warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 75W 12V Electronic Low Voltage Transformers, please call us at our toll-free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.