Description of our 300-Watt 24-Volt Electronic Enclosed Low Voltage Transformer
This 300-watt electronic enclosed low voltage transformer will power your 24-volt halogen or xenon lighting systems. With an enclosed transformer, you can store all of the electrical connections in the included metal enclosure, meaning a separate junction box is not required. Electronic transformers are generally smaller, lighter, quieter, and cooler than magnetic transformers.
- Uses: used to power 24-volt halogen or 24-volt xenon lighting systems [Caution: Not recommended for low voltage cable lighting systems that use cables suspended between walls to support and power decorative low voltage light fixtures hanging from the cables.]
- Maximum 300 Watts of Load: 300 watts maximum of lighting load. Unlike most magnetic transformers, these electronic transformers can be used to power the maximum wattage. [Caution: Always attach the load to the transformer before connecting the transformer to power.]
- Minimum 100 Watts of Load: unless this transformer is powering at least 100 watts of lighting load it will not work properly
- Input: 120 volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 2.5 amps
- Output: 24 volts AC [Caution: a standard AC voltmeter cannot measure the output of a high frequency electronic transformer; instead, a special "true RMS" voltmeter must be used.]
- Installation: the transformer and all of the hardwired electrical splices (connections) can be conveniently stored in the included metal enclosure
- Power Cord Available: 8-foot power cord with 3-prong plug and cable connector is available for converting this transformer to a plug-in model. See Accessories tab to purchase.
- Dimensions: 2.5in(H) x 3-3/8in(W) x 6.5in(L)
- Dimmable: fully dimmable using a dimmer designed for an electronic transformer. An electronic transformer can sometimes work with a standard incandescent dimmer. However, to ensure that your lighting system works effectively with the greatest dimming range we recommend that you use a dimmer that was specifically designed to control an electronic low voltage transformer. Additionally, using this type of dimmer will diminish the possibility of an audible hum when the dimmer is used – especially at low light levels. [Caution: dimmer should always be connected to the input side, 120V side, of a transformer.]
- Short Circuit Protection: yes with auto-reset
- Overload Protection: yes with auto-reset
- Color: black
- UL Listed: UL Listed in USA and Canada
- Brand: WAC Lighting
- 5 Year Warranty: this WAC Lighting transformer carries a 5 year warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 300W 24V Electronic Enclosed Low Voltage Transformers, please call us at our toll-free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.