Description of 150-Watt 24-Volt Electronic Low Voltage Transformer
This 150-watt transformer from Lightech is fully dimmable. This transformer’s safety features include short circuit, overload and thermal protection, and it is UL recognized.
- Uses: used to power 12-volt halogen or xenon lighting systems [Caution: Not recommended for low voltage cable lighting systems that use cables suspended between walls to support and power decorative low voltage light fixtures hanging from the cables.]
- Maximum 150 Watts of Load: 150 watts maximum of lighting load. Unlike most magnetic transformers, these electronic transformers can be used to power the maximum wattage. [Caution: Always attach the load to the transformer before connecting the transformer to power.]
- Minimum 50 Watts of Load: Unless this transformer is powering at least 50 watts of lighting load it will not work properly.
- Input: 120 volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 1.35 amps
- Input Wires: one white and one black 18AWG wires
- Output: 24 volts AC, 6.25 amp [Caution: a standard AC voltmeter cannot measure the output of a high frequency electronic transformer; instead, a special "true RMS" voltmeter must be used.]
- Output Wires: two purple 16AWG wires
- Dimensions: 1in(H) x 1.25in(W) x 3.25in(L)
- Dimmable: dimmable using a dimmer designed for an electronic transformer. Please see the Accessories tab to purchase a compatible dimmer. An electronic transformer can sometimes work with a standard incandescent dimmer. However, to ensure that your lighting system works effectively with the greatest dimming range we recommend that you use a dimmer that was specifically designed to control an electronic low voltage transformer. Additionally, using this type of dimmer will diminish the possibility of an audible hum when the dimmer is used – especially at low light levels. [Caution: dimmer should always be connected to the input side, 120V side, of a transformer.]
- Power Factor: 0.985
- Permanent Short Circuit Protection
- Overload Protection
- Thermal Protection
- Color: black
- UL Recognized in the USA & Canada
- Brand: Lightech
- 3-Year Warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 150W 24V Electronic Low Voltage Transformers, please call us at our toll-free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.