About our 150-Watt 12-Volt Electronic Enclosed Low Voltage Transformer, WAC Lighting
This 150-watt electronic enclosed low voltage transformer will power your 12-volt halogen or xenon lighting systems. With an enclosed transformer, you can store all of the electrical connections in the included metal enclosure, meaning a separate junction box is not required. Electronic transformers are generally smaller, lighter, quieter, and cooler than magnetic transformers.
- Uses: used to power 12-volt halogen or 12-volt xenon lighting systems.
- Maximum 150 Watts of Load: 150 watts maximum of lighting load. Unlike most magnetic transformers, these electronic transformers can be used to power the maximum wattage. [Caution: Always attach the load to the transformer before connecting the transformer to power.]
- Minimum 50 Watts of Load: unless this transformer is powering at least 50 watts of lighting load it will not work properly
- Input: 120 volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 1.25 amps
- Output: 12 volts AC [Caution: a standard AC voltmeter cannot measure the output of a high frequency electronic transformer; instead, a special "true RMS" voltmeter must be used.]
- Installation: the transformer and all of the hardwired electrical splices (connections) can be conveniently stored in the included metal enclosure
- Power Cord Available: 8-foot power cord with 3-prong plug and cable connector is available for converting this transformer to a plug-in model.
- Dimensions: 1-5/8in(H) x 3in(W) x 6-1/4in(L)
- Dimmable: fully dimmable using a dimmer designed for an electronic transformer. An electronic transformer can sometimes work with a standard incandescent dimmer. However, to ensure that your lighting system works effectively with the greatest dimming range we recommend that you use a dimmer that was specifically designed to control an electronic low voltage transformer. Additionally, using this type of dimmer will diminish the possibility of an audible hum when the dimmer is used especially at low light levels. [Caution: dimmer should always be connected to the input side, 120V side, of a transformer.]
- Short Circuit Protection: yes with auto-reset
- Overload Protection: yes with auto-reset
- Color: black
- UL Listed: UL Listed in USA and Canada
- Brand: WAC Lighting
- 5 Year Warranty: this WAC Lighting transformer carries a 5 year warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 150W 12V Electronic Enclosed Low Voltage Transformers, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
150-Watt 12-Volt Electronic Enclosed Low Voltage Transformer, WAC Lighting
By Al Goodridge from New York on July 29, 2012
I have seven 20-watt under the cabinet puck type lights. At present time I have a EN-B12 PY-AR 100-watt minimum to 250w maximum. Can I replace the one that I have with the 150-watt? I have had the transformer for over 8 years. I think it is starting to go because the lights are flickering. All connections are tight. I am only using 140 watts.
By Chris at Pegasus Lighting on July 30, 2012
This electronic transformer has a 50-watt minimum and a 150-watt maximum load and, unlike a magnetic, this electronic transformer can be used up to its maximum wattage. So, since you are powering 140 watts this electronic transformer will work for your situation.
By Walter B. from Rochester, NY on April 8, 2014
What are the dimensions of this transformer?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on April 8, 2014
Answer:The dimensions are 1-5/8in(H) x 3in(W) x 6-1/4in(L)