About our 120-Watt 12-Volt Plug-In Electronic Low Voltage Transformer, Remote Mount
This 2-circuit low voltage electronic plug-in transformer will power your 12-volt halogen or xenon lighting systems and can be conveniently stored away from the power receptacle and the installation. Electronic transformers are generally smaller, lighter, quieter, and cooler than magnetic transformers.
- Uses: used to power 12-volt halogen or 12-volt xenon lighting systems.
- Designed for 2 Separate Circuits: this transformer has 2 sets of output leads, which allow for 2 separate 60-watt circuits (one pair of output leads is used for each circuit)
- Remote Mount: includes mounting accessories for remote mount installation. The transformer can be stored a short distance from the installation and the power receptacle, adding flexibility to where you would like to store the transformer.
- 8-Foot Power Cord: 8-foot 18 AWG power cord with inline roller switch
- Maximum 120 Watts of Load: 120 watts maximum of lighting load (60 watts per installation). Unlike most magnetic transformers, these electronic transformers can be used to power the maximum wattage. [Caution: Always attach the load to the transformer before connecting the transformer to power.]
- Minimum 40 Watts of Load: unless this transformer is powering at least 40 watts of lighting load (20 watts per installation) it will not work properly
- Input: 120 volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 1.0 amps
- Output: 11.5 volts AC, 5.0 amps [Caution: a standard AC voltmeter cannot measure the output of a high frequency electronic transformer; instead, a special "true RMS" voltmeter must be used.]
- Output Leads: 24-inch 18 AWG leads with connector blocks
- Dimensions: only 1-3/16in(H) x 1.75in(W) x 6.75in(L)
- Dimmable: dimmable on the input side only (120V side) using a dimmer designed for an electronic low voltage transformer. [Caution: This plug-in electronic transformer is dimmable if its cord & plug set is plugged into one of the two sockets of a dual wall receptacle, for which only that socket is controlled by a dimmer switch. This will leave the other socket available with full power for other electrical appliances like toasters, mixers, TVs, and electric knives.]
- Thermal Protection: yes with auto-reset
- Color: black
- UL Listed: UL Listed in USA and Canada
- 2-Year Warranty: this electronic low voltage transformer carries a 2-year warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 120W 12V Plug-In Electronic Low Voltage Transformers, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
120-Watt 12-Volt Plug-In Electronic Low Voltage Transformer, Remote Mount
Stars based on
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Worked Like A Charm
June 2, 2011
We had 10 under cabinet lights to install and couldn't quite figure out how we were going to get them all working with minimal transformers. These did the trick!
By Ray Kornelis from Lynden, WA on March 13, 2013
Will this power the 16.4ft flexible LED light tape?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on March 13, 2013
No, it will not.
Our LED tape light requires a constant voltage driver.
I would recommend checking the Accessories tab of the LED tape light you are interested in purchasing. There will be a selection of compatible drivers.
By Ken from California on November 26, 2013
Can I use these to power 15 Watt, 12 volt incandescent light bulbs?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on November 26, 2013
Answer:Yes, it can power 12-volt incandescent light bulbs. Please note that the maximum wattage is 120W, so if your light bulbs are 15W each, then you can power a total of 8 light bulbs.