About our 100-Watt 12-Volt Electronic Enclosed Low Voltage Transformer, WAC Lighting
This 100-watt electronic enclosed low voltage transformer will power your 12-volt halogen or xenon lighting systems. With an enclosed transformer, you can store all of the electrical connections in the included metal enclosure, meaning a separate junction box is not required. Electronic transformers are generally smaller, lighter, quieter, and cooler than magnetic transformers.
- Uses: used to power 12-volt halogen or 12-volt xenon lighting systems.
- Maximum 100 Watts of Load: 100 watts maximum of lighting load. Unlike most magnetic transformers, these electronic transformers can be used to power the maximum wattage. [Caution: Always attach the load to the transformer before connecting the transformer to power.]
- Minimum 35 Watts of Load: unless this transformer is powering at least 35 watts of lighting load it will not work properly
- Input: 120 volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 0.83 amps
- Output: 12 volts AC [Caution: a standard AC voltmeter cannot measure the output of a high frequency electronic transformer; instead, a special "true RMS" voltmeter must be used.]
- Installation: the transformer and all of the hardwired electrical splices (connections) can be conveniently stored in the included metal enclosure
- Power Cord Available: 8-foot power cord with 3-prong plug and cable connector is available for converting this transformer to a plug-in model.
- Dimensions: 1-5/8in(H) x 3in(W) x 6-1/4in(L)
- Dimmable: fully dimmable using a dimmer designed for an electronic transformer. An electronic transformer can sometimes work with a standard incandescent dimmer. However, to ensure that your lighting system works effectively with the greatest dimming range we recommend that you use a dimmer that was specifically designed to control an electronic low voltage transformer. Additionally, using this type of dimmer will diminish the possibility of an audible hum when the dimmer is used especially at low light levels. [Caution: dimmer should always be connected to the input side, 120V side, of a transformer.]
- Short Circuit Protection: yes with auto-reset
- Overload Protection: yes with auto-reset
- Color: black
- UL Listed: UL Listed in USA and Canada
- Brand: WAC Lighting
- 5 Year Warranty: this WAC Lighting transformer carries a 5 year warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 100W 12V Electronic Enclosed Low Voltage Transformers, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
100-Watt 12-Volt Electronic Enclosed Low Voltage Transformer, WAC Lighting
By Kazys from Illinois on July 23, 2013
I'm replacing a transformer in an existing fixture ceiling mount base. Can the enclosure of this transformer be removed and what would be the dimensions of the actual electronics box?
By Atul from Trenton NJ on April 17, 2013
I am looking to connect several LED (12V) lighting strips to via Lutron dimmer (RRD-6NA) - Phase adaptive dimmer with Neutral wire) and was looking to use a dimmable electronic low voltage dimmer. Can you please recommend one for the following Watt loads (18W 28W 34W 52W 86W 104W).
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on April 18, 2013
I would recommend checking with the manufacturer of your tape light to make sure that it does indeed require a 12V TRANSFORMER rather than a 12V DRIVER. Most linear LED products use drivers.
In terms of determining the load, simply browse our selection and pick a driver rated slightly higher or equal to the wattage of the system you are looking to power. For example, for your 18W load, select a 20W 12V Constant Voltage LED Driver.