Description of Lutron Diva Dimmers for Electronic Low Voltage Transformers
The Lutron Diva dimmer is a designer-style switch featuring a large paddle to light the room and a sleek slide control to dim it. A built-in soft-glow night light will also enable you to find the switch instantly in a dark room. This model is for low voltage xenon or low voltage halogen lighting systems that use electronic transformers (12 or 24 volts).
- 2 Models: click Specifications & Measurements to see a complete description of model differences
DVELV-300P : 300 watts, single pole
DVELV-303P : 300 watts, 3-way
- Dimming Range: full range dimming that can save energy and extend lamp life
- Poles: dimmer is designed as either a single pole (one control for one lighting system) or a 3-way dimmer switch (two controls for one lighting system)
- Preset: Diva® models include an on/off switch to save the previous selected lighting level
- Night Light: Diva® dimmers feature built-in soft-glow nightlight, which is visible best with lighter colors
- Maximum Wattage: maximum wattage that can be controlled is 300 watts
- Construction: durable nylon construction
- RFI Suppression: advanced radio frequency protection circuitry
- Installation: 2 wrenches; designed to replace standard toggle switches. These dimmers must be mounted in a wall box. Please see the Installation Instructions for details. [Caution: Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.]
- Wiring: neutral wire required. Click Specifications & Measurements to view helpful wiring diagrams for this dimmer
- 7 Designer Gloss Finish Colors: Ivory (IV), White (WH), Almond (AL), Light Almond (LA), Gray (GR), Brown (BR), and Black (BL). (The pricing for all of the colors is identical. However, the lead time for Ivory and White is the shortest; the lead time for all other colors is longer by 3-5 business days.)
- Wallplates: wallplates feature clean appearance with no visible screws. You may order wallplates for Diva® dimmers in the Accessories tab above
- Depth: all Lutron Diva® dimmers measure 1.44in deep into the wall box
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of Lutron Diva® Dimmers for Electronic Low Voltage Transformers, please call us at our toll-free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Specifications for Lutron Diva Dimmers for Electronic Low Voltage Transformers
|DIVA DIMMER MODEL #
|Type of Transformer Used With
Controlled by Dimmer
|Slide to Off
|Built-In Night Light
||2.94 in W x 4.69 in H
Designer Gloss Finishes
|White, Ivory, Almond, Lt-Almond, Gray, Brown, Black
|Colors in Architectural
WIRING DIAGRAMS for DIMMERS
Wiring diagram for model DVELV-300P
Wiring diagram for model DVELV-303P
Select the quantity of your Accessories below, then click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of the Accessories tab.
By Dan from Milwaukee, WI on December 10, 2012
Can the dimmer mechanism be separated from the plate, or is the plate and dimmer manufactured as a solid unit?
I already have a Lutron plate and would simply like to install the dimmer.
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on December 10, 2012
The wall plate picture is NOT included, so you would only be purchasing the actual dimmer switch.
By Jim Hodges from Houston, Texas on September 13, 2012
I have a WAC Lighting rail system that uses an electronic transformer. There are five 12V MR16-G 50 Watt bulbs on the rail. The instructions say "if dimming, an electronic low voltage dimmer is recommended". Is this the correct dimmer for my application?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on September 13, 2012
Yes, this dimmer is correct for your application - as long as the rail system is the only fixture connected to the dimmer. If you are connecting any additional lights, you will need a higher load.
By Cedric from Longmont, CO on September 13, 2012
Answer:This dimmer is definitely suitable for your application, this specific dimmer (as any other Lutron ELV dimmer) is specifically designed for working with electronic low voltage transformers (needed for MR16). My company produces an LED MR16 module for OEM manufacturers and I bought specifically these dimmers for tests and trade shows for illustration of compatibility. The Diva is a great product.
By Christopher from Lafayette, CA on January 31, 2013
Can I use this dimmer to control a Low voltage transformer circuit plus a circuit with regular line voltage lights or do I need to control them with separate dimmers?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on February 1, 2013
I would use separate dimmers...
an ELV dimmer for your electronic transformer
a line voltage dimmer for the line voltage lights
Lutron Diva Dimmers for Electronic Low Voltage Transformers
Stars based on
San Luis Obispo, CA
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Lutron Dimmer for Low Voltage Transformer
February 19, 2013
The dimmer is great - just expensive! Works like all other Lutron DIVA dimmers I've used. ONE IMPORTANT NOTE: the dimmer requires a neutral wire. Most "normal" dimmers do not need a neutral to operate, and many residences do not have a neutral in the typical wall box wiring setup used in most rooms. NO NOTE of this is made in the Pegasus description or in the Lutron info. I learned this only after getting the unit and reading the install instructions! DIY'ers beware! No neutral means pulling a new wire to the wall box which could mean opening up the wall. I was powering my cabinet light install from an outlet circuit with the source right near the dimmer wall box location, so I had no problems. Something to consider...
Merchant Response:On our Specifications & Measurements tab we have a wiring diagram showing the neutral wire connection for this dimmer. We will also add a note about the neutral wire to the Description tab for this product page. Thanks!
Pros:Works very well - acts like all other Lutron dimmers.
Cons:Expensive! Also, a neutral is required, a requirement not made obvious in any web documentation. That should be fixed.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
February 24, 2012
Its a dimmer switch - it works. It arrived promptly. Looks like all the rest of our switches. A little pricey.