About our MR16 Halogen Ceiling Mount Flexible Display Light, Remote Transformer
This low voltage (12 volts) display wall light comes with a 50-watt MR16 halogen light bulb, and has a 24-inch flexible arm in black, white, or brushed nickel. It is ideal for lighting trade show booths, museum exhibits, retail displays, artwork, signs, or wall hangings.
- 3 Models:
PMM-204-BK-L: Black finish, light bulb included
PMM-204-WT-L: White finish, light bulb included
PMM-204-BN-L: Brushed Nickel finish, light bulb included
- Adjustable Arm: flexible 24in arm can direct the light exactly where it is needed
- Mounting: this display light can be mounted on the wall, on the ceiling, on shelving, in cabinets, above work stations, and in numerous other applications where the mounting surface is sturdy but less than 1.0in thick. The fixture slips through a hole that is 0.5in in diameter and is held in place with a washer that is 1.25in in diameter and a heavy nut. (Caution: The installation of this fixture requires that the installer must have access to the "back" of the wall, shelf, or ceiling.)
- Weight: approximately 0.5 pounds (includes adjustable arm, fixture head, and MR16 light bulb)
- Included: one 24in flexible arm with a mounting bracket at one end and an MR16 lamp socket at the other end plus one 50W MR16 halogen lamp
- Transformer Required: a transformer is not included and is required for this display light to operate.
- MR16 Halogen Light Bulb Included: a 50-watt 12-volt MR16 halogen light bulb with a safety front glass and a flood beam spread (EXN-FG) is included.
- Maximum Wattage: 50 watts
- Has Front Lens: the low voltage lamp that is used with this fixture must have a front glass for safety
- Quiet Electronic Transformer: 60-watt plug-in electronic transformer has a 3-prong grounded plug and an on/off rocker switch. The transformer is detachable from the 8.0ft cord that, in turn, is permanently attached to the display light.
- Lamp Shields: mesh wire lamp shields or solid lamp shields may be purchased in black, white, or brushed nickel. The shield snaps over the MR16 lamp to diffuse glare from the rear of the lamp.
- Colored Glass Filters: 7 colored glass filters (red, amber, yellow, green, emerald green, light blue, and blue) and an Optivex UV glass filter may be used with this fixture. Please be careful to order the correct size for these optional filters. If you want to use a colored glass filter, you must also order a Clip-On Holder to hold the filter in place.
- Honeycomb Louver: a black honeycomb louver may be used with this fixture. If you want to use a honeycomb louver, you must also order a Clip-On Holder to hold the louver in place.
- Lenses: a spread lens or a linear spread lens may be used with this fixture. Please be careful to order the correct size for these optional lenses. If you want to use a lens, you must also order a Clip-On Holder to hold the lens in place.
- Clip-On Holder: a clip-on holder must be used to hold a 2in glass light filter, a honeycomb light louver, or a glass lens on the MR16 lamp.
- Easy to Install: please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
- Specifications Sheet: to learn more details about this display light please click Spec Sheet
- Spacing Guidelines: If there are specific display items that need to be highlighted (e.g., paintings), then use one display light for each item unless the item is especially wide. If the item is especially wide, then use two display lights. Otherwise, use one MR16 halogen display light for approximately every 2 feet of horizontal display space.
- Approvals: This product is ETL Listed. As long as it is used with an MR16 halogen lamp that has an integral front glass and has a wattage that does NOT exceed 75 watts this display light IS also approved to be used at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Please read the LVCVA Policy on Halogen Lighting for complete details.
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of MR16 Halogen Flexible Wall Lights (12 or more), please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
MR16 Halogen Ceiling Mount Flexible Display Light, Remote Transformer
Stars based on
I would recommend this item to a friend.
MR16 Halogen Flexible Wall Lights - I LOVE!
August 22, 2012
I had such a dark kitchen with a vaulted ceiling. It was so difficult to install good lights, and I didn't really want to put large fluorescents up there. Finally I took a chance on these. Just ordered the transformers that are offered with it, and the shades. I installed through the top of the cabinet, over the stove, plugged into a power strip and it adds so much light, plus it looks cool. The electrician installed with a rheostat so you can have the glamour of dimming, not that I ever use that! I got 3 lights and 3 transformers, and I think it included the flood light bulbs.
I will try to add a night time picture, but you really can believe me, these lights make a huge difference. Something makes the (clear) shades glow with a pink/orange tint. It makes them look cool.
Pros:It is BRIGHT! I can now see the color of the food I am cooking! Yay!
By Barry from Jacksonville, Florida on September 2, 2014
Can I "daisy chain" multiple fixtures from a single transformer?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on September 3, 2014
Multiple fixtures can be wired to a single transformer. Just be sure the wattage of the light fixtures does not exceed the rated wattage of the transformer.
By Charles from Nasville, TN on August 21, 2012
What other type of transformer can I use?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on August 22, 2012
Answer:Charles, any 12V electronic transformer should work. Just be sure that it is rated for 50 watts or greater.
By Chris F from Minneapolis, MN on August 22, 2012
Answer:I just ordered the one that was offered with it... just choose between plug-in or wall hook-up. Also, the customer service people are really helpful.
By Samantha Lim from Brooklyn, New York on August 21, 2012
How many lights are included? Is it just the one?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on August 22, 2012
Answer:Yes, the light fixtures are sold individually
By Rhonda from Madison, Wisconsin on August 22, 2012
Answer:I recently purchased this light fixture. It included just one fixture and one bulb. You will need to purchase a transformer separately. I am very happy with this fixture. We have it over a painting and were able to direct the light exactly as we wanted by flexing it and arching it to create just the right angle. We did purchase the mesh screen too to keep the light focused out the front toward the painting.
By Chris F from Minneapolis MN on August 22, 2012
Answer:One flood light bulb is included. Everything else is 'ala carte"... (transformer and shade). Check with customer service to be sure you included everything. I love my lights, they are super bright...
By Curtis Stites from Brookfield, CT on December 10, 2014
Can this light be mounted on a wall box?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on December 11, 2014
Answer:It would be a challenge to mount it directly to a wall box because the point where it meets the wall is so small. If you take a look at the installation instructions, it requires a small cutout for the threaded tube.
This item will work better because it's designed to mount to a wall box - http://www.pegasuslighting.com/display-light-mr16-halogen-flexible-arm-ceiling-mount-integral-transformer.html
By Bianka from San Francisco on May 14, 2013
Can this fixture be converted for LED MR16 bulb?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on May 15, 2013
I would not recommend using an MR16 light bulb with this fixture. The attached transformer is designed for use with low voltage halogen light bulbs.
By Pat from Atlanta on March 20, 2015
What is the "spread" in degrees of the MR16 halogen bulb included with the product? One MR16 50W bulb with 60 degree spread can light a 50" wide painting, meaning you only need one fixture for the whole application.
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on March 21, 2015
Answer:The beam spread is 36 degrees.