Learn More About our Desk Lamps
- Our Desk Lighting
- Choose from a variety of sizes, lamp wattages, and light sources including LED desk lamps, fluorescent, and incandescent. We also offer two differing styles of desk lights. One style is probably what you would consider the more traditional desk lamp. Our selection includes adjustable desk lamps and clamp lights when desk real estate is at a premium (like on my desk). An adjustable desk lamp with swing arms and double or triple-jointed arms allows you to direct the light where you need it most and ensures the proper height of the light source over your work area.
- The second style of desktop lamps includes under cabinet desk lighting. While they may require a little more work to install than the first style of desk lamp light that you simply place on your desktop and plug in, installation of this kind of shelf lighting is not hard at all. Whichever style you choose, any of our office lamps will obviously make viewing papers or computers easier. Moreover, good lighting will boost your work efficiency.
- Ergonomics and Desk Lighting
- Usually, when we think of ergonomics for our desk furniture we usually think about our sitting position. At least, I know that I do. However, ergonomic solutions are more than just how we sit in a chair. It is also about illuminating our work area. The best lighting for your immediate workspace would combine both an indirect light source as well as a task lamp. To avoid eye strain, the American Optometric Association recommends that desk task lighting be placed 15 inches above the desk's surface. Why 15 inches? This creates the optimum light level for performing tasks. If you have a clamp on desk lamp, affix it either to a shelf or to the surface of the desk and remember the 15-inch rule when you position the lamp head. Under shelf desk lamps should be installed as close to the front of the shelves as possible. Finally, try to avoid bright overhead lighting.
- For more information about ergonomics for your workspace make sure to check out our friends at The Human Solution.
- In addition, you might want to check out our blog post about whether or not your desk lighting is giving you a headache at http://blog.pegasuslighting.com/2010/08/is-your-desk-lighting-giving-you-a-headache/
- Desk Lights are Important
- Desk lamps provide the task lighting that every effective workspace needs. Whether they are incorporated in an office, kitchen, bedroom, or hospital nurses' station, they create brighter, safer, and more pleasant places to work. All of our LED and fluorescent desk lamps are very energy efficient, giving off impressive light output while using minimal power. Finally, the light provided by desk lamps has the ability to give both a professional look and the look of warmth by providing another layer of light to work spaces.