Description of 6-Inch Line Voltage New Construction IC Air Tight Recessed Lighting Housing
This six-inch new construction air tight recessed lighting housing with an integral thermal protector is designed for sloped ceilings. It is IC-rated, which means it may safely come into direct contact with insulation. It can even be covered in installation to conserve energy. With air tight construction, dimming compatibility, and UL approval for damp locations, this housing is an excellent choice for any sloped ceiling project.
- Dimensions: 7.0in high x 9.5in wide x 13.0in long
- Elliptical Opening: 6.5in x 7.0in in diameter; elliptical ceiling opening template included
- Sloped Ceiling Adjustable: adjustable for sloped ceilings from 2/12 (1°) to 6/12 (27°) pitch
- Height Adjustable: height adjustable for 2in x 8in construction
- Bar Hangers: adjustable bar hangers up to 24 inches can be repositioned 90° for easy installation
- Lamp Orientation: patented horizontal and vertical socket adjustment systems allow for the lamp to always be in secure and proper lamp orientation
- IC-Rated: rated for direct contact with ceiling insulation; may be covered with insulation to save additional energy
- Air Tight Construction: complies with the strict Washington State Energy Code (WSEC) that restricts airflow through recessed lighting housings
- PAR30 Halogen: uses a 50-watt or 75-watt PAR30 halogen lamp (ordered separately on the Accessories tab).
- A19 Lamp: uses a 40-watt or 60-watt A19 lamp (ordered separately).
- Wattage of Lamp: maximum of 75 watts. The specific lamp to be used is determined by the trim that is selected. To view the various trims that can be used with this housing please see 6-Inch Line Voltage Trims for Sloped Ceilings.
- Integral Thermal Protector: integral thermal protector guards against improper lamping and installation
- Junction Box: J-box is UL listed for through branch circuit wiring
- Quick Connectors: J-box is equipped with "quick connectors" for quick, easy push-in electrical connections. If the installer prefers to use wire nuts, the "quick connectors" may be easily removed.
- Several Knockouts: junction box has three 1/2in knockouts, two 3/4in knockouts, and four pry-out slots with strain relief
- UL Listed for Damp Location: this housing is UL listed for damp locations
- Feed Through: housing is UL listed for feed through
- Fully Dimmable: for a complete description of the dimmers that are specifically designed to control line voltage housings please see Dimmers for Line Voltage Lighting Systems.
- Specifications Sheet: to learn more details about this recessed housing please click Spec Sheet
- Accessories: click Accessories to learn more and order
- Many Decorative Trims Available: to view the various trims that can be used with this sloped-ceiling housing just click on 6-Inch Line Voltage Trims for Sloped Ceilings.
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 6-Inch Line Voltage Air Tight Housing for Sloped Insulated Ceilings, please call us at our toll free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.